Talk

Advanced search

Royal style and gossip: From foundation to Foundations...

(996 Posts)
QueenOfTheAndals Thu 18-Jul-19 14:00:51

I've lost count of how many threads we've had! Previous thread.

Let's keep the gossip lighthearted and, as always, stick to critiquing the clothes rather than being overly critical about the women wearing them.

pinkladyapples Thu 18-Jul-19 14:11:49

On the ball thanks Queen!

CurlyWurlyTwirly Thu 18-Jul-19 14:17:53

Cool title!

Myimaginarycathasfleas Thu 18-Jul-19 14:20:09

With you there, Queen, and love the title, so clever!

CurlyWurlyTwirly Thu 18-Jul-19 14:24:35

Camilla with animals & cake. Looked like a fun birthday.
However continuing with the foundation theme; in the photo with the little boy; hers looks a tad orange-y ; compared to round the eye.

ajandjjmum Thu 18-Jul-19 14:30:00

Poor Camilla - captured on film with her mouth full!

QueenOfTheAndals Thu 18-Jul-19 14:33:35

I can't take credit for the title - someone else suggested it on the previous thread but I can't remember who! Maybe @Spudlet?

Bringonspring Thu 18-Jul-19 14:35:16

Oooo can I join please

itswinetime Thu 18-Jul-19 14:39:00

I like Eugenies dress from the last thread and I didn't think it was that low but v neck is definitely a more flattering look than the high necks for both York girls I think.

Agree with pp Camila always looks like she's having fun on her engagements.

MamehaSan Thu 18-Jul-19 14:45:31

Eugenie's dress (the bottom half) is almost see through! The cut is much more flattering than her usual high-kneck numbers though. And the colour suits her too.

Elllllle Thu 18-Jul-19 14:52:08

I like the print of Eugenie's dress and the idea of it but as a fellow hourglass, i have to say that style does f*ck all for her and adds a good 5 kilos (style is not about trying to look as skinny as you can, agreed, but it's too flouncy, flippy, much fabric for her height, shape?). It's so hard to dress an hrglass though! Beatrice nailed it last week (?) with the black blazer, satin skirt combo combo imo

Spudlet Thu 18-Jul-19 14:58:54

Oooh 😊 blush

Paradyning Thu 18-Jul-19 15:00:45

Cams looks really lovely.

ElspethFlashman Thu 18-Jul-19 15:20:03

BlingLoving re: your Nivea Q10 question - just use the night cream as a day cream instead. It's richer and imo much nicer than the day cream. The night cream is one of my HGs but I've definitely used it during the day in the winter.

ElspethFlashman Thu 18-Jul-19 15:21:25

Camillas proportions are good (as always) but she needs a stonker of a brooch. It's too plain as it is.

imetaroyal Thu 18-Jul-19 15:28:58

Long time poster on these threads but have name changed as my post may be outing.

Some years back I was at a sports event and sitting right behind me in the ordinary seating area was Eugenie. No exclusion zone for her though her security detail were nearby. I asked her very discreetly was she Eugenie, though not quite as blatantly as that. She neither confirmed or denied but smiled.
She was with a boy friend. From the overheard conversation she didn't know him that well.
She appeared a really nice down to earth girl.

BlingLoving Thu 18-Jul-19 15:29:26

@elspeth actually - i was using the night cream as a day cream for a while and come to think of it, it's since I went back to the day cream I've really been feeling the need for something.

But someone once told me not to use night cream as a day cream because they have retinol or something in them which can cause discoloration of the skin in the sun? Also, the day cream has an SPF factor.

Horsemad Thu 18-Jul-19 15:41:22

Placemarking. 🙂

ElspethFlashman Thu 18-Jul-19 15:44:21

I don't think that one has anything in it tbh? Regardless I always use sunscreen anyway on top. A light one.

ElspethFlashman Thu 18-Jul-19 15:44:51

You could always try my Aldi spf 30 one!

frugalkitty Thu 18-Jul-19 15:48:00

Checking in, thanks for the new thread Queen

I really liked Eugenie's dress on the last thread too, it's a thumbs up from me!

SunshineCake Thu 18-Jul-19 16:13:41

I've been using new stuff after I started a thread and along with washing my face in sanctuary facial oil morning and evening and using an eye cream too, my skins never looked so good and I look less ugly. Having read the end of the last thread I think I need a sun protection cream too though. Any recommendations would be great and does it go on after the moisturiser?

Nice to see Eugenie in a low neck line. She always has a lovely smile.

Notmyrealname855 Thu 18-Jul-19 16:13:47

Another thumbs up to E’s dress! She’s young with a cracking figure, why not? Plus I’m a cleavage defender - it can be hard to cover, and unless it’s very saucy then others can just bite their tongues smile sweet to hear the anecdote about meeting her! She seems a truly lovely person

Is anyone else staring at the word foundation and thinking it looks really weird?! Foundation, foundation.... the u is throwing me!

UrsulaPandress Thu 18-Jul-19 16:22:08

Missed the end of the last thread as I was in a signal free zone.

Off to catch up.

beanaseireann Thu 18-Jul-19 16:35:35

Thank you for the new thread QueenoftheAndals.
Great title.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »