Talk

Advanced search

As the Tiffin results day looms, a second 2019 SW London grammars and indies thread

(560 Posts)
FlumePlume Wed 13-Feb-19 20:14:55

A new thread to avoid the doomsday scenario of running out of posts as envelopes are opened on Friday, waiting lists move (or don’t) and e-mails are opened on 1 March.

OP’s posts: |
Bool Wed 13-Feb-19 20:27:43

@FlumePlume we’re here together x

FlumePlume Wed 13-Feb-19 21:28:08

Hi Bool! Are you just waiting on KGS? I know they reserved the right to do exploding offers last year, but didn’t activate it - I didn’t look at the small print this year as we didn’t apply, but will you have to make a very quick decision?

littlemisslucky2 Wed 13-Feb-19 21:28:30

Thanks FlumePlume. This thread has been a great support. Fingers crossed for Friday for those waiting.

Bool Wed 13-Feb-19 22:12:14

Hey @Flume. Yep we are waiting on KGS. You are waiting on SPGS right? Am hoping no explosions this year!!!! Need some time to think ;-)

AnotherYearOfChaos Thu 14-Feb-19 12:37:45

@FlumePlume thanks, this thread has been a great support through this process.
Waiting for tomorrow here too.
Good luck to all others who are waiting for offers/waitlists.

TheExtraGuineaPig Thu 14-Feb-19 13:30:40

Good luck everyone from me too x

1ndig0 Thu 14-Feb-19 14:01:42

Someone in another thread suggested bribing the postman to come to their house first tomorrow grin. I must admit, I did mull it over.

Waiting for SPGS, G&T and FHS here.

Good luck and fingers crossed for you all!

lonelyplanetmum Thu 14-Feb-19 14:29:27

G&T ?! you mean G&L but the first may be better!

Greenleave Thu 14-Feb-19 14:39:40

1ndig0, I thought you are also waiting for LU too?!

I have done: holiday booking, detailed planning of the half term trip(which has never happened in the past), dentist, health checks, eye tests etc. (Just tried to find any distraction the last week or so).

Jimjam68 Thu 14-Feb-19 15:12:44

Good luck to everyone, wishing you all big fat envelopes tomorrow, do let us know how you get on. Wishing I still had some envelopes to come (ha ha no not really!).

1ndig0 Thu 14-Feb-19 15:14:22

Oh god sorry G&L yes blush. Just shows I never check what I’ve typed. Though I am waiting for a G&T too (or something along those lines)!

No Green, not LU sadly, though she has a place st PHS. She messed up on the day at LU so that was that. I have older DC at LU and another DC elsewhere.

PatienceVirtue Thu 14-Feb-19 15:17:10

oh god I am so over the waiting, the waiting, argggggghghhhhh!

(Can you tell I'm going a little crazed?)

Greenleave Thu 14-Feb-19 21:30:56

1ndig0, just another day then you are done with 11+, hold on there!

MeMeMeYou Thu 14-Feb-19 21:33:14

We are waiting in tiffin girls and nonsuch. DD is relaxed and has forgotten about it all. It’s been creeping into my mind more and more since Xmas!

MeMeMeYou Thu 14-Feb-19 21:34:07

Good luck to those who will hear tomorrow or before 1 march on other offers/private schools!

FlumePlume Thu 14-Feb-19 21:47:48

MeMeMe My dd was rather put off Tiffin by the waiting in silence doing nothing for ages before the exams started. So she’s not bothered about the result. I, on the other hand, was very impressed by their music department and the girls I met. Though the journey isn’t great, for us.

Greenleave I’ve lost track, are you waiting for just SPGS tomorrow, or some others?

Patience I’m so over the waiting, too. One more sleep!

1ndig0 Fingers crossed for you tomorrow.

I genuinely don’t know whether it’s worse only doing three, as so much rides on each one, or better because there’s fewer days waiting for the e-mail / letter. wine is helping.

Bool Fri 15-Feb-19 10:15:06

Do the schools all close for half term? Will the registrars be working etc? Ps still waiting for postman confused

amidaiwas Fri 15-Feb-19 10:42:05

ime the admissions people will be in during half term

Poppyred25 Fri 15-Feb-19 10:44:35

I know in the past KGS have closed for 1/2 term or just left the ansaphone running. Best of luck to you all, I hope the postmen are on their way.

AnotherYearOfChaos Fri 15-Feb-19 10:50:43

Where oh where is the post confused

Kawasaki Fri 15-Feb-19 11:00:51

Just received the post from SPGS and it is a yes for us.
Good luck to everyone who's waiting.

FlumePlume Fri 15-Feb-19 11:01:52

My post is always very late - I’m expecting to sit here failing to concentrate and feeling faintly sick until mid afternoon.

FlumePlume Fri 15-Feb-19 11:02:49

Oh, cross posted. Congrats Kawasaki! Is SPGS your first choice?

Kawasaki Fri 15-Feb-19 11:04:39

To be honest, I couldn't sleep last night and the waiting is horrible.
Stay strong Flume, it will be a positive one for you.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in