Sellers/Buyers Roll Call 9 and STILL going

(947 Posts)
kerrymucklowe2020 Sun 02-Aug-20 17:59:30

Is it time to start s new thread as the previous one has nearly 900 posts?

OP’s posts: |
Chickaletta16 Sun 02-Aug-20 18:07:23

Yes i think so x thank.u x

DeeplyMovingExperience Sun 02-Aug-20 18:08:00

Hello everyone. Slightly losing the will to live as the weeks and months go by and we still haven't exchanged. This whole process is a bit of a nightmare!

kerrymucklowe2020 Sun 02-Aug-20 18:33:36

DeeplyMovingExperience oh no! Care to give a brief summary?( Deep breath!)

OP’s posts: |
notheragain4 Sun 02-Aug-20 18:54:39

Anyone else hoping this is the last buying/selling thread they need to join grinthe last one seemed to go so quickly!

Fern204 Sun 02-Aug-20 19:03:56

This had better be the last one I am on, I might go crazy otherwise. Our buyer is coming to measure up tomorrow at 11, but we go away on Tuesday so have had to spend today packing the campervan. Tomorrow morning will be a cleaning frenzy before they get here. Its relentless, but hopefully it will happen this time.

Maybenexttime08 Sun 02-Aug-20 19:20:51

While I love this thread, I agree it would be lovely to be able to read the next one in the new house - I'm hoping as all surveys are done, and searches started, we might be talking exchange date soon. Anybody know how long once searches start (presuming nothing big comes up) that our buyer might start mentioning the E word?

Advertisement

Simonsaysitschristmas Sun 02-Aug-20 19:46:41

I’m just glad I can join in from the beginning of this thread. Lurked on thread 7 and then finally went SSTC during thread 8 grin.

I’m hoping it will stay that way (although not expecting exchange until thread 10 or 11 wink)

luvabellawilleatme Sun 02-Aug-20 20:13:00

Checking in, nothing new to report though!

Bells3032 Sun 02-Aug-20 20:33:52

Checking in to the new thread. Did all our mortgage forms this weekend and that's all been sent off. Bit nervous about the new rule of nationwide that you need to have 75% of the deposit yourself (my in laws are giving us about 70% of the deposit which accounts for about 40% of the cost of the house). We are going with santander so praying they don't bring that in.

As for my sale still ticking away slowly.

Notyetthere Sun 02-Aug-20 21:27:56

@notheragain4 I honestly thought it would be my first and last thread I join before we exchange but here I am staring at an envelope with our mortgage application paperwork ready to be posted tomorrow. Not anywhere near the end. We are in a short chain. Our buyers are first time buyers and the house we are buying is empty. The empty house had come back on after the previous buyers couldn't get a mortgage or something similar so our vendors have been in the process for a while.

Our buyers came back for another viewing today and their visit renewed our hope in the process that I have renewed energy to throw into the process starting tomorrow. Print off our recent bank statement and send off the application. Then hopefully we get through the underwriting process quicker than the times we were told. Atleast the conveyancing process is going smoothly at the moment but I think the queries are going to come in next week so I can't assume all is well on that side of things.

Like a few on the previous thread, we have also given our bank the go ahead to have the valuation survey completed even if the underwriting isn't done or finished yet.

Zebrahooves Sun 02-Aug-20 23:08:54

I'm waiting for searches to come back and the sellers to clean the grim fridge - would be nice if they cleaned everything but the fridge was horrible. Hoping to be in for late August/early September - fingers crossed.

notheragain4 Mon 03-Aug-20 08:24:52

@Zebrahooves our buyer is waiting for searches too, I would love to be exchanged and completed this month (we are all set to go, he had his mortgage offer weeks ago, so it's just getting the contracts sorted now- that can't be too much to ask surely 🙈)

Talia78 Mon 03-Aug-20 08:29:15

We have buyers , our offer accepted on dream house, dream house has their offer accepted on their dream house... so we are just waiting for the chain to complete. .!

BigHuff Mon 03-Aug-20 13:12:41

Have been reading the previous threads and am now joining this one in despair.

We're FTB, had offer accepted almost a month ago - mortgage went off, survey done, instructed solicitors all very rapidly. Since then (almost three weeks ago!) nothing has happened. Solicitors say they are waiting for documents from vendors solicitors and that there's nothing to do but wait. Mortgage application is sitting on a desk somewhere - also nothing to do but wait.

I'm so impatient - I hate waiting. And not being able to talk to anyone directly (vendor wants to be communicated with via estate agent, solicitors will only talk to solicitors) is driving me insane.

Apologies for the rant!

Notyetthere Mon 03-Aug-20 13:16:49

I knew I would jinx it! We have just received an email from our buyers mentioning the findings from their electrical check completed last week on our house. The report mentioned nothing dangerous but a few old parts not to recent codes; none of them were as ancient that a rewire would be required. They believe these are things that should be addressed by us. We have responded back with -'not dangerous so you can update them in the future if you want'. Waiting on their response. I understand that electrical codes are always updating making the previous obsolete, but not dangerous.

I suspected that this might happen. I have informed our EA and also copied them in my reply in case the discussion goes left. I knew I shouldn't have established this communication and that it should all have gone through the EA. I remember people saying it is better to have direct contact but when it goes into awkward territory like this, I would rather not be directly in contact but via the EA to diffuse the situation if required.

Notyetthere Mon 03-Aug-20 13:20:30

@BigHuff cross post. My take on communicating via EA expressed above. I can understand why vendor wants to only communicate via EA. To prevent situations like the pickle i have got myself into.

BigHuff Mon 03-Aug-20 13:28:06

@Notyetthere Ha! I would probably feel the same as a vendor, but as a buyer it feels like I'm playing Chinese whispers. The vendor's estate agent is great, and very responsive - but it's still so slow having to go through an intermediary.

Hope your buyers accept the polite rebuff. We (cheekily) asked our vendor to fix a few things that weren't up to code, but weren't surprised (or offended/upset) when she said no.

Notyetthere Mon 03-Aug-20 13:46:47

@BigHuff I understand from your stance as a buyer but even then, I wish not to be in direct contact with the vendors of the house we are buying. I don't know why but just wish to be at arm's length.

Our buyers also had a plumber/gassafe person check the plumbing system. He also picked up some minor issues which we could get sorted as we have boiler cover and in fact when FIL saw what one of them was he was able to fix it as it just needed tightening a joint. We don't have the equivalent cover for electrics but I am also very aware that our electrics were updated about 2006-7 by previous owners so not very old in my opinion. We had new electrics added for a whole new room last year and I remember the electrician mentioning that he would check the system to ensure it was ok before connecting to it. If our buyers wish to update the system then it is up to them to get it done when they move in.

kerrymucklowe2020 Mon 03-Aug-20 13:59:31

My buyers surveyer came last Wednesday. How long until he gets his mortgage offer now?

OP’s posts: |
littlecontis Mon 03-Aug-20 14:18:55

Joining in - forth thread that I've joined now and hoping this is the last one...

We are FTBs and our offer was accepted a month ago, vendor has no chain so should be a relatively quick process but nope. We had to call our vendor to chase their own solicitor!

Our lender is doing valuation in a week so hopefully we'd get our mortgage offer accepted soon. Then we can get our building survey done right after.

BigHuff Mon 03-Aug-20 14:24:37

@Littlecontis Snap! on all counts! We are also chasing our vendors solicitors. When are you hoping to exchange by?

notheragain4 Mon 03-Aug-20 14:31:42

No progress for us for a little while as we are still waiting on our buyer's searches coming back, due this week.

I'm a bit concerned as I've had to chase 3 times for the flood report for our purchase, my solicitor has been really efficient in every other way I'm getting paranoid she's waiting until the last moment (solicitors recommended by developer...)

Also need to double check why it says on our T1 form that we are being transferred the title with "limited guarantee" not full. So I hope she emails me quickly.

Due to move into our rental tomorrow, no signs of exchanging yet, trying to delay the rental but can't get through to anyone, worried it's too late. I wouldn't mind if I thought we were completing this month but doesn't seem very realistic at the moment.

JustFrustrated Mon 03-Aug-20 14:44:23

Oooh anotje new thread, again, hopefully the last for me 🙈

Kelsoooo Mon 03-Aug-20 14:47:49

@Notheragain4 I swear we're buying from you 😂 if so, we'd love an exchange of mid August. You tell your solicitor to get a wiggle on and we'll keep on at ours 😂😂

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in