Has Boris been outmanoevered? Will someone please tell me who is in charge?

(1000 Posts)
RedToothBrush Mon 27-Jun-16 21:17:50

Thread two from

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/eu_referendum_2016_/2670552-Has-Boris-been-outmanoeuvred?pg=1

GingerIvy Mon 27-Jun-16 21:19:00

ah, new thread. Thanks Red.

Muddlingthroughtoo Mon 27-Jun-16 21:22:25

Erm no, DC is leaving it to the next PM to put article 50 in motion. Boris can go for PM, whether he gets it is another matter. Scotland can have another referendum if they want, Europe won't want them though as they don't fit the criteria.

Sierra259 Mon 27-Jun-16 21:25:34

Thanks for the new thread. This is one of the few places I feel represents my feelings on this whole debacle.

InShockReally Mon 27-Jun-16 21:27:43

Thank you red smile

DoinItFine Mon 27-Jun-16 21:29:41

Europe will definitely want Scotland.

I think they are already making welcoming noises.

They don't need to fit any criteria. They won't be joining. Just not leaving.

They wouldn't have made it easy for them to join post Indyref1.

But they will now.

They will pretty much take any opportunity to make post-Brexit life shit fir the English.

They are the head on the pike.

Blerg Mon 27-Jun-16 21:29:59

These threads are great, my go to for stuff being explained, up to date and a slight shred of hope.

NoMoreGrimble Mon 27-Jun-16 21:30:21

Thanks for the new thread, haven't contributed to the other one as I still feel too upset. This is the only thread I can read and not feel some hope.

RedToothBrush Mon 27-Jun-16 21:36:35

This is the only thread I can read and not feel some hope.

A little bit of hope is a dangerous thing....

DorynownotFloundering Mon 27-Jun-16 21:38:04

Thanks Red.

PigletJohn Mon 27-Jun-16 21:39:56

I hear the Cons want a fellow called Mr. Abb for PM. Never heard of him. Is he good?

ClashCityRocker Mon 27-Jun-16 21:42:36

Thanks for the new thread.

RiceCrispieTreats Mon 27-Jun-16 21:44:30

I'm glad that Merkel's there. It looks like she's buying time for the UK to sort out who's in charge and what their mandate is before anything too regrettable is said or done.

The Parliament's posturing today was necessary - it is a political institution with its own politicians who need to do their required bit of posturing.

It'll be interesting to see what the conclusions of the Council meeting are, as that's where the power is held and decisions made.

EmGee Mon 27-Jun-16 21:44:50

Doinitfine don't think so - I heard that the EU would not make any special 'exceptions' for iScotland (or NI for that matter). They will have to apply in the same way as any other country to join EU.

RedToothBrush Mon 27-Jun-16 21:46:26

Steven Crabb - this fella?

www.stephencrabb.com/

Stephen Crabb (born 20 January 1973) is a British Conservative Party politician. He has been the Member of Parliament for Preseli Pembrokeshire since the 2005 general election and has been Secretary of State for Work and Pensions since March 2016. He has previously been a government whip, a junior minister for Wales and the Secretary of State for Wales

SwedishEdith Mon 27-Jun-16 21:48:20

Good article on Boris

PattyPenguin Mon 27-Jun-16 21:50:33

Stephen Crabb is 9/1 at William Hill, equal 3rd with Andrea Leadsom after Bozo and Tessy May.

I hardly ever bet, but what with the world being turned upside down, I might have a punt on the Tory leadership.

DoinItFine Mon 27-Jun-16 21:51:49

Corbyn to face a no confidence motion.

Good.

We need a non-Eurosceptic leader of the opposition.

He's the opposite of Boris - sort of campaigned Remain but is glad it was a Leave vote.

Like Martin McGuinness.

Poloitico reporting the EP are talking about removing English as an official EU language 😂😂😂

I can see it too.

Stupid Ireland choosing Irish as theirs.

SwedishEdith Mon 27-Jun-16 21:52:37

They won't be joining. Just not leaving.

Scotland would have to leave the UK first, surely.

GingerIvy Mon 27-Jun-16 21:53:02

don't like Steven Crabb. He's the one that took over for IDS, said initially no cuts, then backtracked. He happily votes party line, cuts against vulnerable, austerity.

MitzyLeFrouf Mon 27-Jun-16 21:54:08

I'm half pondering removing Corbyn myself. He's scrawny and I'm pretty brawny, I could take him.

Felascloak Mon 27-Jun-16 21:56:25

Hello! Just jumping on.
I think tomorrow will be interesting at the EU. Still can't see how this can be resolved at all without a GE.
I swore never to vote Labour after Iraq and now I am also never voting Conservative. Might actually bite the bullet and join the lib dems. Still smarting about their drubbing in the last election

LakeFlyPie Mon 27-Jun-16 21:56:51

Crap and Fart grin
Sorry to lower the tone but the last paragraph of the article made me laugh and Stephen Crabb does appear to be a homophobic tosser

MitzyLeFrouf Mon 27-Jun-16 21:56:52

I don't like what I've heard of Stephen Crabb. He's one of those 'I've raised myself by my bootstraps and so should everyone else' types. He makes IDS look cuddly. Plus he's an evangelical Christian.

And that Leadsom woman with her 'as a mum' smug simpering. UGH.

SwedishEdith Mon 27-Jun-16 22:00:21

Frankly, they're all horrible. Feeling despondent again after football. Just the lack of hope in anyone anywhere to believe in.

This thread is not accepting new messages.