Talk

Advanced search

To think MrsHinch uses a hell of a lot of chemicals

(348 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

tinkywinkyshandbag Sat 12-Jan-19 23:38:32

All that zoflora...so many chemicals...can't be healthy??

alaric77 Sun 13-Jan-19 09:45:40

So strange that whenever there is a Hinch thread someone always pops up defending her and they always sound similar and post frequently instead of saying their piece and leaving. I wonder if it’s her or her ‘people’ because they seem so passionate and over invested....

HariboLecter Sun 13-Jan-19 09:49:45

I was under the impression that so long as zoflora is diluted correctly it's not so bad?
The issue is when people use it neat (or use it in fucking oil burners)?

userschmoozer Sun 13-Jan-19 09:50:12

The difference between green and non green chemicals is mainly on their biodegradeability. So citric acid, acetic acid and peroxide are chemicals, but they degrade quickly in our sewage system, and don't harm aquatic life or soil.

vagan Sun 13-Jan-19 09:52:09

SIL was obsessed with her and spent so much money on cleaning products it was crazy. Then threw them all away when the whole family developed skin problems. Zoflora is horrible stuff - makes pets really poorly too according to my vet.

mmmgoats Sun 13-Jan-19 10:08:31

I sort of admire her like PP say - she must have made a fortune.
the Zoflora chemical breakdown is interesting but I wonder how many other cleaning products contain similar? (Don’t know, genuinely curious)

HildaZelda Sun 13-Jan-19 10:08:36

A few people posting about Lindsay Queen of clean, I used to like her but now she seems just as bad as Mrs Hinch for ads and swipe ups. Currently doing a promotion for her local shopping centre and she has to be getting paid by that 'Bewiched' cafe because she never stops posting about it.

BlueThesaurusRex Sun 13-Jan-19 10:11:47

Mrs Hinch has a beautiful home, no doubt about it, and she comes across as really sweet and lovely.

However, she sounds like she smokes 20 a day and I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s down to all the chemicals she’s splashing around!

mmmgoats Sun 13-Jan-19 10:16:05

People put Zoflora in oil burners?! Wtf!

@hildazelda great name by the way, Lynsey does do swipe ups but I don’t mind them as I’m genuinely interested in them and she does use a lot of the stuff she promotes. I don’t blame any instagrammer for making money out of their account if it’s correctly labelled, I know i would do the same given half the chance - if only!

I just don’t get the hype around Mrs H and how she sells things out in seven minutes or whatever. it’s kind of fascinating

gimmeadoughnut123 Sun 13-Jan-19 10:17:17

Zoflora is probably fine to use if you dilute it properly. I put half a cap in a large spray bottle and fill the rest with water. Chucking it around neat willy nilly can't be good.
It is good for popping in the sink with some hot water if your house is full of cooking smells that you want rid of.

I do agree she cleans things that don't need cleaning e.g. her sink every day.

It will be interesting to see if her house changes when she has the baby, but I doubt it to be honest, because she is very invested in it.

mmmgoats Sun 13-Jan-19 10:19:14

Am I being OTT in thinking that much cleaning stuff can’t be good for a newborn?

MrsJayy Sun 13-Jan-19 10:24:13

Zoflora is a disinfectant it isn't meant to be used as a multipurpose i saw on fb somebody used it in their fridge shock it must have stank! My nana lived in flats she used zoflora to clean the outside landing and stairs, anyway yanbu Mrs H baffles me with her zoflora and wet wipes it is all a bit weird.

frugalkitty Sun 13-Jan-19 10:36:44

I'm really surprised she's got away with using 'shine your sink' in her book title seeing as that's the main thing in the Flylady regime. Flylady starts with'shine your sink' and I'm amazed it hasn't been picked up in and blocked.

GlitterStick Sun 13-Jan-19 10:44:27

Her or her people? confused People are allowed to disagree?
Or are you only allowed to post once and then go away?
confused

Greypaw Sun 13-Jan-19 10:44:31

I've definitely used some of her tips, but yes, there are far too many chemicals. Makes me wince every time she strikes a match to light one of her candles.

MsSquiz Sun 13-Jan-19 10:52:16

@GlitterStick I'm with you. I enjoy watching her videos.

I don't follow her religiously but I do use zoflora... used properly (as all disinfectants should be) it's fine.

I don't understand all of the venom and vitriol directed her way. If I see something I don't like/don't agree with, I ignore it, scroll on past and get on with my day.

There will always be people on social media doing something that doesn't interest me, so I don't follow it. I've never gotten so bothered by something that I feel the need to rant on a public forum about it. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Pk37 Sun 13-Jan-19 10:58:39

I just don’t get the fascination and I’m sick of hearing about her and how wonderful she is..(not on here obviously!grin ) ...meh

TitusP Sun 13-Jan-19 10:59:57

I had heard of her but never actually seen any of her content and so just had a nosey and I genuinely thought most of her pictures were in greyscale...

Also I am concerned that this level of cleaning is obsessive and I worry that this Hinch Army thing is just encouraging something unhealthy. Or maybe I am just a scruff.

GlitterStick Sun 13-Jan-19 11:00:07

Same, I mean I follow her stories but don't do everything she does - those tips I don't like I scroll on by!
Make up tips like when she's hinching her brushes or whatever borrrring so I don't watch those.
Not come onto a forum saying OMG why is she doing that, I don't like it! lol

mmmgoats Sun 13-Jan-19 11:01:25

@mssquiz I don’t feel venom towards her at all I’m more bewildered by the whole thing.
In fact the only real venom I’ve seen has been directed at other cleaning accounts by her followers.

I agree that if you don’t like someone or something scroll past but I’m strangely fascinated and keep watching because I think there must be more to it!

Fairylea Sun 13-Jan-19 11:04:14

I follow her on Instagram. I will be honest and say it’s all a bit “same-y” after a while, I mean how many times can anyone watch someone pine a toilet or steam mop a floor? grin But when I first started watching her I did pick up a lot of cleaning tips which I still use round my home.

She seems like a genuinely nice person. That’s always good. I do think the bubble might burst soon, I don’t see how she can keep all this up with a newborn and then toddler!

7yo7yo Sun 13-Jan-19 11:04:24

fortheloveofmum TOMM stands for the organised mum method.
She’s different to Mrs Hinch in that she gets you into a routine. Half an hour a day.

Mulberryandthyme Sun 13-Jan-19 11:05:14

I've been using zoflora regularly for over 30 years. It's very concentrated so a bottle lasts for months.

MsSquiz Sun 13-Jan-19 11:07:04

@mmmgoats I appreciate not everyone is venomous and vitriolic, but a lot of people are!

I started watching her because I found her posts fascinating. I picked up a few tips, products to use from watching her. I also now clean overt day for a short period of time, rather than dreading my "cleaning day" each week.

fortheloveofmum Sun 13-Jan-19 11:26:49

@7yo7yo thank you!

finks100 Sun 13-Jan-19 11:32:36

I’ve had a look at her feed, she seems pleasant and is obviously very house proud.

I don’t like the approach of stock piling tons of chemicals, and using multiple chemicals in already clean places.
Purchasing more storage solutions to store all this cleaning stuff is baffling!

I much prefer the sustainable living approach, using natural products for cleaning. My favourite is small_sustainable_steps.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »