Talk

Advanced search

Bridesmaid won't dye her hair

(765 Posts)
elcarmen Tue 03-Jul-18 14:55:35

My bridesmaid has dyed her hair this week a horrible pink colour and I am getting married next saturday. Am i being unreasonable to ask her to dye it back or uninvite her from the wedding?

For context she is incredibly self-centered and always wants the attention to be focused on herself and I think she has done it just to stick out in the photos.

TheGreatestHo Tue 03-Jul-18 15:03:17

I wouldn’t say your bridesmaid wanted the attention on your day (as if, come on let’s be real here) but she probably also didn’t feel like her hair choices had anything to do with anyone else.

Deshasafraisy Tue 03-Jul-18 15:03:41

The pink haired bridesmaid will really regret it in the years to come - everytime she sees the wedding photos she will be reminded of her terrible fashion sense and her selfish personality

CoatsDoRoam Tue 03-Jul-18 15:03:43

My friend had a goth turn up at her wedding. Only person bride had Never met her before. She looked like a right dick. Black lipstick, fishnets, massive noisy boots. Attention seeking idiot.

Bride rose above it and looked all the better for it imho

TammySwansonTwo Tue 03-Jul-18 15:04:03

Whether this is a reverse or not, the bridesmaid is a dick.

Sleepyandtired21 Tue 03-Jul-18 15:04:32

Get the hairdresser to put it up, stick a big boring headband on her. Then it will hardly be noticeable. Bonus points if you put so much gel on it it looks brown.

JurassicGirl Tue 03-Jul-18 15:05:09

I can totally see why you're annoyed it smacks of attention seeking. My response would be to completely ignore it & if she says anything just respond with 'oh yes, I hadn't even noticed' (tinkly laugh) grin

I also don't see why this would be a reverse but if it is then don't do something attention seeking to try to upset/upstage the bride - it's mean!

Watchingthecloudsflyby Tue 03-Jul-18 15:05:33

What will the hairstyle be?

But yes, obvs you'd be unreasonable to dictate what she does to her body especially just to please you

NewYearNewMe18 Tue 03-Jul-18 15:05:33

Is it really an issue - I mean you can stick some photo shop on it, recolour her hair, iron out any non aesthetically pleasing people, thin them out, put ridiculous noses, ears and tongues on them etc

elcarmen Tue 03-Jul-18 15:05:50

This is first time she has dyed her hair in years and I've known her since we were kids...

I just feel like she did it on purpose because she isn't my maid on honour and I was hers. I don't usually go around calling people self-centered but who the hell does this a week before their friend's wedding and we already have the dresses!

MaxPepsi Tue 03-Jul-18 15:06:36

My friend changed the colour scheme of her wedding to match my (already) dyed hair.

So......YABU 😁

GahWhatever Tue 03-Jul-18 15:06:43

What colour was it before?
Is she just finishing school and therefore couldn't colour it before?
Why do you think everyone will look at a girl with pink hair when the whole day will be about you and your groom.
Just odd. Is her bridesmaid dress pale pink? she could be trying to make herself invisible?

elcarmen Tue 03-Jul-18 15:07:11

Sorry for the typos i'm just so mad!

Morgan12 Tue 03-Jul-18 15:07:47

Well of course you can't ask her to dye it back but I agree it's weird she has done it a week before your wedding.

I wouldn't even mention it to her. That will probably annoy her more.

elcarmen Tue 03-Jul-18 15:07:52

@MaxPepsi you're ridiculous

Zaphodsotherhead Tue 03-Jul-18 15:08:06

Can you get some head dresses and tell the hairdresser to put everyone's hair up under the headdresses? You'd barely see her hair at all...

elcarmen Tue 03-Jul-18 15:09:01

The bridesmaid dresses are red, and she was brunette before going pink!

finnmcool Tue 03-Jul-18 15:09:11

OP of all the things that will be on your mind, your bridesmaid's hair shouldn't be one of them. Let it go and enjoy your day

CointreauVersial Tue 03-Jul-18 15:09:42

Either she's your friend, pink hair and all......or she's not.

If it's the first one, you won't care if her hair is brown or sky blue pink, because you love her, and want her at your side when you get married.

If it's the second one, why the hell did you ask her to be bridesmaid?

ladybirdsaredotty Tue 03-Jul-18 15:10:00

I kind of get why it's odd if she's genuinely done to on purpose (assuming this isn't a reverse) BUT ALSO do not get at all why people care in the slightest about the colour of their bridesmaid's hair (or outfit tbh) on their wedding day. I wouldn't even think of it confused

Emma198 Tue 03-Jul-18 15:10:32

in the months leading up to my wedding one of my bms had her hair blue and green. just so happened it was blonde by the time the wedding came along but wouldn't have dreamed of asking her to change it. she's my bridesmaid because she's my friend and she'd my friend because of who she is, she means more to me than wedding pictures

KidLorneRoll Tue 03-Jul-18 15:10:56

'who the hell does this a week before their friend's wedding'

I dunno, someone who appreciates that a friend's wedding is not the most important event of the year?

Get over it.

ladybirdsaredotty Tue 03-Jul-18 15:10:58

(Full disclosure: I have on occasion dyed some of my own hair pink grin)

AWomanIsAnAdultHumanFemale Tue 03-Jul-18 15:11:14

Why do you care OP? It doesn’t affect your wedding at all unless you think weddings are all about how things look in the photos. Why on earth would a friends hair colour even be on your radar? Do you normally only associate with boring hair coloured people?

EstrellaDamn Tue 03-Jul-18 15:11:44

Why do you give a fuck what colour someone else's hair is? confused

elcarmen Tue 03-Jul-18 15:11:45

@KidLorneRoll you can save the self righteous comments

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »