Talk

Advanced search

Anyone remember the Flexi-time CF?

(886 Posts)
Abouttoblow Sat 09-Dec-17 20:12:26

Thought I'd heard the last of her but unfortunately not. Colleague who left her job due to cheeky fuckery with her flexi-time for those of you who missed the first instalment.

I'm moving between fuming, embarrassed and incredulous at the moment. I've also laughed but I think that's shock more than anything smile
DH and I were out for the afternoon at a Christmas market. Had a lovely day and stopped at an coffee shop with tables outside before coming home.
We'd been there about 10 minutes when I noticed a group of ladies in their 60's a few tables away and one of them was staring straight at me. I didn't recognise her and carried on with chatting with DH. I noticed her again when all her friends started turning round to have a look. I didn't know any of them.
I'm starting to think she may be someone I'd been in contact with in a work capacity as she is looking quite angry. As I said in the original thread I work with children/families and I have been approached by people previously who have been angry and upset. Only a couple of times though.
I continue to ignore it and we're getting ready to leave. DH goes inside to pay and use the loo and the minute he does this lady gets up and comes over, with her takeaway coffee cup in her hand. I can tell by her face it's not going to be a pleasant chat.
She asks if I'm pleased with myself and I say "I'm sorry, I don't know who you are". She says she's FTCF's mother and who do I think I am to refuse her daughter a reference! Do I realise I've ruined her career and I should be ashamed of myself. Everyone is looking now and I don't want to get into it so I just say she really doesn't have all the information.
She then takes the lid off her coffee and empties it into my fucking handbag on the table and walks off!!!!
I'm absolutely gobsmacked shock
I'm home now and want to call FTCF and give her a mouthful but DH is trying to talk me out of it.
Maybe I should just have a large G&T gin

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/3023633-To-make-an-official-complaint-about-colleague

agedknees Sat 09-Dec-17 20:15:50

Sue for your damaged handbag. You know who she is.

twilightcafe Sat 09-Dec-17 20:16:12

😱

twilightcafe Sat 09-Dec-17 20:17:21

Well, you know where CF got her charming manners from.

shuggas Sat 09-Dec-17 20:18:25

Oh .. my.. god confusedshockI have no advice but that is insane.

Finola1step Sat 09-Dec-17 20:18:27

Would be worth checking if her actions constitute criminal damage.

FilthyforFirth Sat 09-Dec-17 20:18:55

Oh dear god. I am speechless! The apple clearly didnt fall far from the tree. I think your DH is right, large G&T and revel in the moral high ground over that batshit crazy family!

BootsAndCatsAndBootsAndCats Sat 09-Dec-17 20:19:13

Wow - the apple doesn't fall far from the tree in that family.

expatinscotland Sat 09-Dec-17 20:20:20

I'd have called security over. I have a feeling it's not legal to damage someone's property like that.

RandomMess Sat 09-Dec-17 20:21:08

Wonder if you can to take her to small claims court???

MilesHuntsWig Sat 09-Dec-17 20:21:15

I’d check whether I could make a legal complaint against her. That behaviour is not acceptable at all.

Neolara Sat 09-Dec-17 20:22:46

Wow! She and her dd are clearly bonkers. How's your bag? Is it salvageable? And if not, was it expensive? What you do next might be determined by whether she has cost you significant amounts of money.

Abouttoblow Sat 09-Dec-17 20:27:12

Handbag is not expensive and nothing of any really value ruined but it's a bloody mess.
I'm just shocked more than anything. How bloody dare she!
DH is being very generous with the gin grin

StealthNinjaMum Sat 09-Dec-17 20:28:18

Wow, what a horrible thing to happen. Apart from anything it could have burned you. What a nasty woman.

flowers

expatinscotland Sat 09-Dec-17 20:29:53

It's really not sensible to blow this off. What if she'd thrown a cup of acid in your face? It would have been prudent to record all the damage and see if there's not a legal means to make her accountable for her actions.

hidinginthenightgarden Sat 09-Dec-17 20:30:43

What a tosser!

If nothing expensive was ruined I wouldn't take it further but maybe let CF know her batshit mother is contributing to the lost of reason why she WONT be getting a reference ever.

OnTheRise Sat 09-Dec-17 20:30:52

That does sound like criminal damage to me. I'd report it to the police, no matter what its value. What a nasty woman.

I hope you're ok, OP.

extinctspecies Sat 09-Dec-17 20:31:27

Ignore and rise above it.

Keep the moral high ground.

Bratsandtwats Sat 09-Dec-17 20:33:14

No, don't ignore it! Report it to the police.

Fishface77 Sat 09-Dec-17 20:33:39

I remember your original thread. Report it.
This could escalate.
You were calm I would have shouted your daughter is a criminal so I couldn't give her a reference and left her to deal with the consequences.
Fucking bastard bitch!

chickenowner Sat 09-Dec-17 20:34:19

Report to the police.

MilesHuntsWig Sat 09-Dec-17 20:35:12

Seriously. Report to the police. What happens if she does something else?

B0033 Sat 09-Dec-17 20:37:12

I would report it, but I'm thoroughly fed up of antisocial behaviour this year (in my own life).

Amatree Sat 09-Dec-17 20:37:40

Report it to the police, absolutely. She needs to realise she can't go around harassing and assaulting people which is effectively what she has done here. Just awful. You poor thing.

Amatree Sat 09-Dec-17 20:39:22

She's probably sitting at home feeling all pleased with herself-pretty sure even a warning word from a police officer might wipe the smirk off her face!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: