Talk

Advanced search

We're rocking around the Christmas tree, waiting for Santa to come to town. It's countdown to Christmas thread 4!!

(984 Posts)
SideOrderofSprouts Fri 15-Sep-17 21:50:29

99 days to go fgrin

disclaimer. This thread is up early because I am old and tired and need to go to bed. It's actually 99 from midnight

NoWordForFluffy Fri 15-Sep-17 21:51:26

Whoop!

Thanks, Sprouts! 🎅🏻🎅🏻🎅🏻🎅🏻🎅🏻

SideOrderofSprouts Fri 15-Sep-17 21:52:13

You're welcome. Double figures from midnight!!

Mrsmadevans Fri 15-Sep-17 21:56:09

Thank you Sprout 99 days tomoz yes!

SparklingXmas Fri 15-Sep-17 21:58:47

Thanks sprouts💐.....shiny new thread! 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 15-Sep-17 22:01:34

Admires face in Shiney New Thread fgrin

Parks bum for countdown then decides to run over to the last one to kill it fill it up.

Minster2012 Fri 15-Sep-17 22:05:13

Is this not cheating???!! Still new to MN so not sure on etiquette of cheating of old threads!! confused especially when you've announced the countdown number early...if we're playing dirty then 98 for tomorrow and no hoovering of keyboard needed 😂!!

RuggerHug Fri 15-Sep-17 22:13:06

Can you jump in this late if you've only been lurking pretty much on the previous ones? If so, Hellooooo fellow festive people! I'm nearly up to date on my prep'n'presents spreadsheet and have even managed to drag a few sceptics to join me IRL. fgrin

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 15-Sep-17 22:14:30

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo, not cheating at ALL

Crosses fingers behind back and twitches.

Oh , THE TWITCH !

That'll be on us soon.
I have bought some beauty bits for DD advent calender (I'm making my own so I know what's in it) and I was ths close >< to poking about in Body Shop today but Its still September so I resisted.

Need to buy my Hallowe'en stuff first fgrin mwah

NoWordForFluffy Fri 15-Sep-17 22:15:42

Don't mention the bloody Twitch! I know it's going to get me!

FridgeCut Fri 15-Sep-17 22:15:49

Hello Rugger! Welcome!

So, will anyone else be doing some sort of meal on thanksgiving in a trial run / start (almost) of the season type way?

NoWordForFluffy Fri 15-Sep-17 22:17:21

Nope, nothing for Thanksgiving here. It's only a roast dinner really, so no practising required! (She says!)

FrankiesKnuckle Fri 15-Sep-17 22:20:37

I posted in chat about any good AliExpress finds (no replies)
Any info on electricals (think small gadgets or accessories)
Beauty or jewelry would be helpful!

FridgeCut Fri 15-Sep-17 22:21:43

I don't need to practice, I am an expert, but I feel like it might be a good excuse to eat a big dinner confused
Embarrassed: blush

FridgeCut Fri 15-Sep-17 23:59:27

FridgeCut Sat 16-Sep-17 00:00:03

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 16-Sep-17 00:05:56

Fridge you do know you've signed up to cook us all dinner fgrin

I'm vegetarian/limited dairy/minimal wheat/no alcohol -
No pressure !

I'll give you a few weeks to do your menu fgrin

FridgeCut Sat 16-Sep-17 00:14:38

Easy! Carrot soup with corn bread, nut roast with assorted seasonal veg and roasties, apple crumble with cream (coconut). And some appletiser.

Stompythedinosaur Sat 16-Sep-17 01:04:44

Can I join in on this thread? Have been lurking on the others.

I am sadly nearly done with the kid's Xmas shopping and I'm wondering if it's too early to wrap?

HairsprayBabe Sat 16-Sep-17 06:53:10

Feels like it is judt around the corner now! I am getting rather excited!

NoWordForFluffy Sat 16-Sep-17 06:57:09

Stompy, I've already wrapped the kids' stuff! It's part of the hiding process!

NoWordForFluffy Sat 16-Sep-17 06:58:51

I get you now, Fridge!

No, I'm not that arsed about a big dinner (I'm not even doing a dinner on Christmas Day; I'm doing a roast on Boxing Day!).

MyPatronusIsABadger Sat 16-Sep-17 07:02:54

Hi, can I join in too please? I've been a lurker on this board for ages!

Fridge- we are having a thanksgiving of sorts, just moving to the weekend! It's a great idea! We were expats up until a few years ago so love it. It means I can have a last hurrah of the autumn decorations and slowly put them away to make room for the Christmas ones.

NoWordForFluffy Sat 16-Sep-17 07:07:07

What autumn decorations do you have, Patronus?

FireflyGirl Sat 16-Sep-17 07:12:11

Yey! 99 days and dinner with Fridge

We're not doing anything for Thanksgiving, per se. But it would have been my uncle's birthday at the end of the November, so we're having a family meal in his honour. Of fish and chips, though, because that's what he would order every time we went out grin

Stompy if it wasn't for the fact that the wrapping paper is in the loft, I'd have wrapped all of mine as well. I just haven't got up there to get it yet!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: