Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Telegraph: ‘I will not put my girls in that organisation’: How a trans crisis engulfed Girlguiding

ResisterRex · 06/08/2022 14:25

I couldn't see this posted. It covers the "Rainbow" story, males with guns as volunteers and other recent developments in GG. On "Rainbow", one mother says:

“I really object to my child being used as a prop in this social experiment of pretending that biological males can be girls. Girlguiding is telling my daughter that something that isn’t true, is true. And to think the opposite is wrong.”

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/08/06/will-not-put-girls-organisation-how-trans-crisis-engulfed-girlguiding/

OP's posts:
Please
or

ResisterRex · 06/08/2022 14:25

OP's posts:
Please
or

Truthlikeness · 06/08/2022 14:36

I don't have kids, but had previously considered becoming a volunteer leader. Obviously I wouldn't touch GG with a bargepole now.

Please
or

achillestoes · 06/08/2022 14:54

I have daughters and I was a Guide. Not a chance my kids are going anywhere near that shower.

Please
or

Helleofabore · 06/08/2022 14:57

I am glad to be out of guiding as a parent volunteer.

Please
or

JellySaurus · 07/08/2022 10:55

Interesting photo they chose to illustrate the history of Girlguides: Guides doing stereotypically feminine domestic tasks.

Please
or

Waitwhat23 · 07/08/2022 19:10

I was in Guiding between the ages of 5 - 22 as both member and leader. I was fully intending to send my wee one to Rainbows when she's old enough and volunteering as a Guider. I'm not going to do either now.

In large part due to their stealth mixed sex stance, I think there's going to be a crisis point in getting new Guiders soon as many groups near me seem to have long waiting lists for girls wanting to join.

Please
or

McDuffy · 07/08/2022 19:22

I messaged them saying why my daughters wouldn't be joining and got this reply Hmm

Telegraph: ‘I will not put my girls in that organisation’: How a trans crisis engulfed Girlguiding
Please
or

MishyJDI · 07/08/2022 19:27

It's great GG are son inclusive and don't teach division and hatred. Fully support them and my two daughters very much enjoyed their times at GG

Please
or

MrsJamin · 07/08/2022 19:38

@McDuffy tell them that children cannot have gender reassignment so how does that work? I don't have daughters but no way in hell would I suggest any friends go to any guiding groups. My concern is that scouting is following suit into wokeness too. 😔

Please
or

BlackeyedSusan · 07/08/2022 19:39

Unfortunate typo there mishy.

Please
or

334bu · 07/08/2022 19:41

"son inclusive"
Freudian typo maybe?

Please
or

Greenandcabbagelooking · 07/08/2022 19:41

I am so sad GG has come to this. We used to be all about "girls can do anything boys can do", and raising the self esteem of girls who are often overshadowed in the classroom by boys. That doesn't work if the boys are at Brownies too.

Please
or

ArcticSkewer · 07/08/2022 19:42

MishyJDI · 07/08/2022 19:27

It's great GG are son inclusive and don't teach division and hatred. Fully support them and my two daughters very much enjoyed their times at GG

They are indeed son-inclusive but they are supposed to be daughter-inclusive.
It looks like we now have mixed-sex scouts for children who like doing outdoorsy stuff and mixed-sex guides for the more delicate children who like colouring in and flower arranging.
Strange world

Please
or

DarlingDarwin · 07/08/2022 19:43

I feel like I’m okay with my daughter continuing to attend the groups, but not to
go on the camps/overnighters. Very tricky.

Please
or

AgathaMystery · 07/08/2022 19:46

My DD has just finished Brownies and is not going on to Guides. She has 6 girls in her group who were also going up to Guides. One of the mums made a WhatsApp to ask whose DD was going to Guides (lift sharing etc) I said not mine, shared resources. None of the girls are now going to Guides AFAIK.

It’s an absolute tragedy.

Please
or

MishyJDI · 07/08/2022 19:47

Lols how many trans safeguarding incidents can you make at GG? Give you a clue - none!

Please
or

MishyJDI · 07/08/2022 19:48

BlackeyedSusan · 07/08/2022 19:39

Unfortunate typo there mishy.

Ha ha pretty funny though lols

Please
or

334bu · 07/08/2022 19:52

"Lols how many trans safeguarding incidents can you make at GG? Give you a clue - none!"

How many do there need to be Mishy?

Please
or

MishyJDI · 07/08/2022 19:54

334bu · 07/08/2022 19:52

"Lols how many trans safeguarding incidents can you make at GG? Give you a clue - none!"

How many do there need to be Mishy?

Well there are none. So... And if there was ever one which I doubt then they would be dealt with. I mean let's stop it with the badgering of kids just trying their best to fit in with their friends at guides. It's sick.

Please
or

underneaththeash · 07/08/2022 19:57

MishyJDI · 07/08/2022 19:47

Lols how many trans safeguarding incidents can you make at GG? Give you a clue - none!

There won’t be any in my unit as I wouldn’t admit boys and we don’t do things with other units!

Please
or

LaughingCat · 07/08/2022 19:58

I think it’s great they are so inclusive. Scouts opened up to all genders, don’t see why Guides can’t do the same.

Unless you genuinely believe that there is no such thing as a trans person. Which is obviously batty. I can PROMISE you, you know when your gender isn’t right from a very early age and exclusionary groups only serve to make you feel more alone and lost rather than supported and valued for who you are.

How about we stop dividing people along the lines of gender and just call kids, kids?

Please
or

ilovetomatoes · 07/08/2022 19:58

I’ve just signed my 5yo dd up to Rainbows. Had no idea about this.

Please
or

WeWillLookBack · 07/08/2022 20:00

My nieces were registered to join. Had a good chat with my DB and SIL. They are no longer joining.

Please
or

Greenandcabbagelooking · 07/08/2022 20:03

I think it’s great they are so inclusive. Scouts opened up to all genders, don’t see why Guides can’t do the same.

Unless you genuinely believe that there is no such thing as a trans person. Which is obviously batty. I can PROMISE you, you know when your gender isn’t right from a very early age and exclusionary groups only serve to make you feel more alone and lost rather than supported and valued for who you are.

How about we stop dividing people along the lines of gender and just call kids, kids?

Becuase we want to divide them by sex, so that teenage girls don't have to share a tent with teenage boys. Potentially without the knowledge or consent of said teenage girl.

And Scouts only became co-ed due to falling numbers, not out of charity.

Please
or

underneaththeash · 07/08/2022 20:04

well obviously there are people who believe they are trans.
gender does not exist, unless you have a medical condition you are either male of female - but that definition does not mean that you need to behave, think or feel a certain way.
views such as yours encourage young people - who often have mental health problems to either take hormones - which have long term side effects on fertility or butcher themselves.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.