Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Broom cupboard 4 - soon be time to think about heating this place

TheHoneyBadger · 29/08/2021 09:42

Will post this on the end of the other thread too but I have just found this:

If you are identified as a contact and asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace, including by the NHS COVID-19 app you may be entitled to a payment of £500 from your local authority under the Test and Trace Support Payment scheme. If you are the parent or guardian of a child who has been told to self-isolate you may also be entitled to this payment.

^Presumably that is all of the 'thought' that has gone into the situation I've been talking about. Still doesn't tell us if we would be seen as taking unauthorised leave or able to work from home or anything - need union specific advice on that.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Howshouldibehave · 29/08/2021 09:48

If having time off for a positive covid test counts against your sickness record and could lead to a disciplinary, that may well discourage people from testing when symptomatic.

Thanks for the new thread :)

Please
or

TheHoneyBadger · 30/08/2021 00:46

Sorry How I thought the old cupboard was nearly full but it has tons of room left.

We're here: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/the_staffroom/4261841-The-broom-cupboard-3-for-briefly-stranded-republicans?watched=1&msgid=110367634#110367634

OP's posts:
Please
or

JanglyBeads · 30/08/2021 17:18

Just popped by to see if it’s any nicer than the last one - Oo, who’s brought back a straw donkey from their holibobs Grin

Please
or

JanglyBeads · 14/09/2021 08:54

Took me a while to find this corridor again, but here we are.

Do we need a new Republic or shall we just hide in the Cupboard?

Please
or

TheHoneyBadger · 14/09/2021 10:04

I don't know if anyone will see this Jan.

OP's posts:
Please
or

borntobequiet · 14/09/2021 10:06

I suppose that as I have little to do at present, I could sweep/dust/remove cobwebs/polish urn and get in some biscuits. Oh and some fresh teabags and coffee.

Please
or

JanglyBeads · 14/09/2021 10:06

Know this will disappear in a few hours, but important stories here from 8.47 post onwards
www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-58536961

especially when the JCVI Dep Chair says this:

‘He says there will be a "grade of competency" based on age when considering whether a child's decision to take the vaccine against a parent's wishes can be honoured.

"The law clearly states that the child and parent should try to come to an agreed conclusion... the clinician involved in administering the vaccine needs to be absolutely sure that the child is competent to make that decision.

"There will be a grade of competency from the age of 16 downwards, so 14 to 15-year-olds may be deemed competent to make that decision on their own, it's less likely that a 12 or 13-year-old will be deemed competent." ‘

And see pic for the NI definition of school close contact (!):

Broom cupboard 4 - soon be time to think about heating this place
Please
or

JanglyBeads · 14/09/2021 10:07

Hmm I wonder who’ll be involved in making that decision about the grade of competency (schools) and how long it will take??

Please
or

SquashedFlyBiscuits · 14/09/2021 11:22

Just come back in from chalking a white cross on the door. We have a cough and some positive lateral flows in the household but NO CHOCOLATE!!!!!

Please
or

TheHoneyBadger · 14/09/2021 11:32

No I think it’s a medical role. I would imagine this won’t arise for the most part. If a parent is determined they should have it and a child at school refuses they’re not going to restrain them and the parent will have to pursue with gp. If a parent doesn’t want a child to have it and the child does want it and the school is aware I don’t think it would be administered at school but in the case of a 14-15 year old considered competent then could speak to their gp and arrange that way.

I can’t see the conflicting consent issues being handled in school on a rushed day of time slots by possibly not qualified or trained to that level vaccinators.

We’ll jab the ones who are willing and have a consent form.

OP's posts:
Please
or

noblegiraffe · 14/09/2021 11:48

The advice that the clinician should get the child and parent together to discuss means it absolutely won't be happening in schools.

I'm so cross at the government for bandying about this idea that it will, it really damages parents' trust in schools if they think that schools will ask for consent and then ignore it anyway.

Please
or

drspouse · 14/09/2021 12:13

If a parent is determined they should have it and a child at school refuses they’re not going to restrain them and the parent will have to pursue with gp
Not a teacher and very much butting in but my DS (8 at the time) refused his flu sniff at the time (SEN, anxiety, sensory issues) and that's exactly what happened. They have a mop up clinic for children who miss theirs and the GP gave it to Tigger first...

Please
or

FlagsFiend · 14/09/2021 13:23

[quote JanglyBeads]schoolsweek.co.uk/20m-fine-and-3-years-in-prison-how-pressure-groups-are-threatening-schools-over-covid-jabs/?fbclid=IwAR0BPUibmAmz0LnS7ZfvM0ZmejVebjbg0NkINhaFSvSf_j1ZXsxVv76w92g[/quote]
The other ridiculous thing about that article is vaccine trials do sometimes take place in schools with parental consent (I took part in the meningitis one as a teenager, had to have blood tests as well as the jab to check immunity). The government are really not helping with explaining about consent - in reality no child will be jabbed against their wishes and no child will be jabbed at school without parental consent.

Please
or

HSHorror · 14/09/2021 14:03

Yes drspouse my dc1 was the same had to go to a clinic after she refused at school. I had to hold her down unfortunately. Shes had a thing about medical stuff since an issue in reception. Last year we reasoned with her before the jab day and said she would get a reward so she did it. (She does like to be difficult possible sen).

Please
or

motherrunner · 14/09/2021 14:12

Afternoon all!

Please
or

motherrunner · 14/09/2021 14:12

I wrote a post and then it disappeared. Too tired to write again.

Please
or

TheHoneyBadger · 14/09/2021 14:56

Bugger mother!

Yeah, sen parents can attest that we’re not in the habit of wrestling kids into medical treatment they don’t want. Well beyond our scope.

OP's posts:
Please
or

noblegiraffe · 14/09/2021 15:03

Good luck with it Squashed, hope everyone stays well.

Please
or

Saucery · 14/09/2021 15:50

I refused vaccinations at school. Then refused them at the GP. My parents were very cross, but my needle phobia won out. So no one is going to be injected against their will. Another tedious untruth from the anti-vaxxers, there.
Some children refuse the flu sniff every year at my school. There’s no coercion and no fuss, just form sent to parents requesting they go to GP.

Oh Squashed! Hope you can get an online delivery of chocolate! And that you experience it mildly.

Being packed into the school Hall with 200 children is terrifying. I’d rather bungee jump tbh. At least I’d know safety had been assessed properly.

Please
or
Please
or

Fenelladepompom · 14/09/2021 17:17

No, I couldn't either, Mother.

Please
or

SquashedFlyBiscuits · 14/09/2021 17:56

Spent the afternoon working from home and supporting ds with remote learning. In Y6 remote learning he could get on and submit his maths with minimal support. Now in Y7 he seems to want to check in every 30 secs that he recording appropriately in his book. The maths itself isn't the problem. Place value stuff where the first few questions are y4 level and the hardest bits y6. The reassurance needed is driving me bats. Secondary colleagues I can see where you are coming from with these Y7s. More than a little frustrating!

Chocolate is coming 8pm Friday. 38 hours to wait. I have a baking plan though to keep me going.

Please
or

HarrietDVane · 14/09/2021 19:32

Shamelessly placemarking! Thanks for the new broom cupboard 

Sorry to hear of your positive LFTs and lack of chocolate @SquashedFlyBiscuits Sad

Please
or

Appuskidu · 14/09/2021 20:32

She does seem to be. Her comment that state schools were focusing on feeding vulnerable children whereas private schools were actually teaching is interesting. How many PP children are there in most private schools?!
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.