Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Style & Beauty

Mitcham deodorant - Has it changed ?

48 replies

VictoriaBun · 21/01/2023 20:00

Does anyone think they've maybe changed Mitcham ? I've been using it for a long time ( the push up variety ) but it isn't lasting on me or dh as usual .

OP posts:
Please
or

user1471530109 · 21/01/2023 20:03

U don't think the new fragrances last as long. I know that sounds daft! But when I use the old and tested ones they still work. The new bamboo one was rubbish.

Please
or

VictoriaBun · 21/01/2023 20:29

Yes agree the bamboo one is not good.
In an attempt to at least last the day have got the one for men but even that isn't keeping us fresh until the evening.

OP posts:
Please
or

HeySeamus · 21/01/2023 20:31

I've had trouble even getting the pure fresh fragrance stick Confused

Please
or

Fedupsequin · 21/01/2023 20:51

Absolutely agree. I only use the powder fresh stick, it’s been SO hard to come by that I’ve used the bamboo one and it has done absolutely nothing whereas the powder fresh keeps me fresh for days!

Please
or

YourWinter · 21/01/2023 20:51

I agree!

Please
or

cherry2727 · 21/01/2023 20:57

I was thinking this last week and thought it was just me! It's certainly not as effective!

Please
or

wizzywig · 21/01/2023 20:58

I hate the liquidy stick deodorant one, it takes ages to dry compared to the old one

Please
or

bluesky45 · 21/01/2023 21:19

The bamboo one is awful! Tried it because the one I normally get wasn't in stock so I thought another mitchum would be the next best thing. It was not. It made me stink! Although DH said I didn't smell of bo and apparently I did smell like the deodorant so apparently I just don't like the smell of eucalyptus or whatever it was. But it honestly started to smell so strong after I had worn it for several hours and I really didn't like it.

Please
or

AutumnCrow · 21/01/2023 21:22

I used to be very happy with Mitchum unscented roll-on. Now it smells of sweat. Why would I want to roll sweaty smelling liquid onto my armpits?? The other 'flavours' are the same.

I've switched to Sanex.

Please
or

Sugarfree23 · 21/01/2023 21:22

The bamboo one is just a deodorant rather than an antiperspirant.

Please
or

anon666 · 21/01/2023 21:22

The bamboo one is definitely different and not as good.

But it's funny you should say this, because I've been noticing body odour lately which I never used to get with mitchum.

Please
or

CactusFlowers · 21/01/2023 21:26

The gel Mitchum is better but can be harder to find.

Please
or

magicstar1 · 21/01/2023 21:33

Definitely changed. I’ve noticed I get sweaty or even smell of BO which never happened with Mitchum. I’m trying a few others instead.

Please
or

noimaginationforausername · 21/01/2023 21:47

I don't use the roll on but their cans are shocking, they just stop working before the deodorant has run out so I'm easily losing a quarter of a can lost times.

Please
or

*most times!

Please
or

SO224350 · 21/01/2023 21:58

AutumnCrow · 21/01/2023 21:22

I used to be very happy with Mitchum unscented roll-on. Now it smells of sweat. Why would I want to roll sweaty smelling liquid onto my armpits?? The other 'flavours' are the same.

I've switched to Sanex.

I thought that sweat smell was me!! I switched to the roll on as the stick had loads left but couldn't be used. Gone back to sure spray, should have stayed with it!

Please
or

RedCarsGoFaster · 21/01/2023 22:05

I'm using the Shower Fresh cream one at the moment and it STINKS! I've den rewashing clothing thinking it's gone musty and realised this morning it's the bloody deodorant! I've been using this brand for over a decade, what the hell are they playing at?

Please
or

VictoriaBun · 21/01/2023 22:23

I'm glad it's just not me that's finding it not lasting well. I'd begun to worry something
had changed making me smell more !

OP posts:
Please
or

mintbiscuit · 22/01/2023 14:09

So I’m not going mad!! Ffs. Mitchum was the only thing that works for me but it’s now not lasting.

Anyone found anything better??

Please
or

DoesItMakeYouFeelBetter · 22/01/2023 14:11

I don't use the roll on but their cans are shocking, they just stop working before the deodorant has run out so I'm easily losing a quarter of a can lost times.

I’ve returned several cans because of this.

Please
or

MountedbyHarryWindsor · 22/01/2023 14:14

I was wondering about this tooo

Please
or

Yesthatismychildsigh · 22/01/2023 14:16

I think the texture of the roll on has changed. Seems dryer (new stock, definitely not been stored anywhere) and the ball doesn’t work effectively. Had to roll it with my hands to get it to work.

Please
or

marly24 · 22/01/2023 15:07

Oh dear. This is the only one that has worked for me too in the past, so am watching this thread to see if there are any good alternatives...

Please
or

skyeisthelimit · 22/01/2023 15:29

There were production and stock issues for a while, so it could be that it is now made in a different factory or made differently due to supply issues etc.

I only use the rollons but couldn't get any for a good few months.

Please
or

LadyOfTheCanyon · 22/01/2023 17:24

Oh no! I use the roll ins but I've got quite the stockpile to get through so it'll be a while before I have to buy new.

I stopped using the deodorant stick because I was frustrated at how much product was left in the holder when you could no longer push it up any further. Didn't seem like good value for money.

Agreed the cans are pure shite

Please
or