Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Tights recommend

SuperGinger · 05/09/2022 19:32

Please recommend some tights, last year I bought some at M&S and and they were awful, but I they kept falling down on the waist and thighs. I know many people complain if they dig in, but I don't care of they dig, just so long as they don't roll down or sag on the legs and crotch, I basically I want them to be spray on and not move.

And I don't like that snag website.

OP's posts:
Please
or

endlesscraziness · 05/09/2022 19:42

Snag tights are the best option Hmm

Popsy are supposed to be similar and a good option

Please
or

BCBird · 05/09/2022 20:02

I agree that Snag are ace tights. They work.out cost effective as you can wrat them.repeatedly. I would never buy any other tights again. They have some funky patterns too.

Please
or

Upwiththelark76 · 05/09/2022 20:03

If you like shaping tights Primark are the best! Honestly .

Please
or

Sexnotgender · 05/09/2022 20:05

Following! I never usually wear tights but I need some for a wedding and the M&S ones do exactly what you say in the OP.

Also won’t buy from snag😂

Please
or

RoseGardenSummer · 05/09/2022 20:10

Snag tights have been life changing for me. They are so comfy and stay in place.

Please
or

cherrypiepie · 05/09/2022 20:13

Snag are amazing.

But I here ya! I hate the popsy business model it really irks me to see people struggle to afford the 'new must have dress' which has been over hyped on SM.

Primark don't do I favourite tight anymore.

Please
or

nutellachurro · 05/09/2022 20:15

Snag tights!

Please
or

SuperGinger · 06/09/2022 21:50

Humpfff so I basically have to deal with Snag tights, anywhere else? Do TK Maxx still do woolford?

OP's posts:
Please
or

ThomasHardyPerennial · 07/09/2022 14:26

I always buy Charnos 60 denier matt opaque tights, they are great. Used to be able to buy them from House of Fraser on the high street, now I just buy online.

Please
or

AmbushedByCake1 · 07/09/2022 14:28

I never get the snag love on S&B; they are bog standard tights. Best tights with no budget are Wolford. Just brilliant and last and last. On a budget I buy Tesco
F&F luxury range. They basically are a bit of a wolford copy.

Please
or

RaininginDarling · 07/09/2022 14:33

I'm with you OP and would like to find a good alternative to M&S as they no longer
seem to value lycra in tights. I have bought countless Snag tights in different sizes and actually find I must sit between sizes: two small in one direction, too big and very long in the other. I don't like the size guide which is euphemistically split between athletic (nope, not me) to curvy (not a helpful description as any size woman can be curvy).

Please
or

GoAround · 07/09/2022 14:34

Don’t get the Snag love either, they’re just basic tights like you’d buy in Boots… Wolford are definitely the best.

Please
or

rbe78 · 07/09/2022 16:58

Snag tights are basic tights, yes - that's kind of the point! They're not supposed to be high-end. But they are durable, comfortable, and they FIT.

I can see the relentless advertising on social media isn't for everyone, but you're cutting your nose of to spite your face if you won't even try them because of that. Someone on MN always comes along and accuses those who recommend Snag tights of being in their pay, but I recommend them because having endured years of penguin crotch with other tights makes, Snag have revolutonised my winter wardrobe and comfort level!

Please
or

NashvilleQueen · 07/09/2022 17:02

Sainsburys velvet matte ones are my favourite.

Please
or

duffeldaisy · 19/09/2022 17:49

For anyone tall, Snag tights are a complete game-changer. I can get huge ones that go up to my armpits, and for once can wear skirts/dresses without having to hoik my tights up every few minutes.
They're quite pricey, but they really are great if you're not 5'2" size 10 with size 4 shoes which most other tights I've tried expect you to be. If you do have smaller dimensions then the other tights are fine.

Please
or

jessieninto · 19/09/2022 17:56

Yes agree snag tights are a game changer for my size 18 wobbly hips. They fit. End of. That's the whole story.

Epilogue: I buy the 80 denier in coordinating colours to my regular work dresses. Then I don't have to shave my legs either bliss.

Please
or

ShergarAgain · 19/09/2022 18:21

The M&S Autograph Velvet Touch Luxe Bodyshaper honestly are brilliant, don’t fall down and last for ages, but they are not cheap

Please
or

Wimin123 · 19/09/2022 18:26

Falke tights are fabulous

Please
or

littlesos · 19/09/2022 18:28

If you dont want to use snag, Better is a company based in Hinckley(historic sock tight making place) their tights are a smidge cheaper than snag and I think just as good ( better as they"re local)Better tights

Please
or

storminabuttercup · 19/09/2022 19:13

I used to love snag but last few pairs I got weren't as good as they used to be. I'm loving popsy ones at the min.

Please
or

Chemenger · 19/09/2022 19:15

I used to recommend Snag but I’ve swapped to Better now, they are just as good.

Please
or

fernz · 19/09/2022 19:16

I've swapped to Better too after Snag became basically a fetish brand... Better has a good range of colours and deniers always in stock and seem to be just as good quality as Snag.

Please
or

pinksquash13 · 19/09/2022 19:17

I really really rate John Lewis shaper tights. I think they are around £10 a pair but last and fit!

Please
or

Clarice99 · 19/09/2022 19:21

Falke tights are brilliant. I loathe tights, but I can tolerate wearing Falke tights all day long. Falke socks are great too.

Please
or

gretr · 19/09/2022 19:22

duffeldaisy · 19/09/2022 17:49

For anyone tall, Snag tights are a complete game-changer. I can get huge ones that go up to my armpits, and for once can wear skirts/dresses without having to hoik my tights up every few minutes.
They're quite pricey, but they really are great if you're not 5'2" size 10 with size 4 shoes which most other tights I've tried expect you to be. If you do have smaller dimensions then the other tights are fine.

I’m 160cms, size 10 and size 4 feet and have loads of problems with tights! M&S used to be good but I keep having to pull them up. I could Wollford also to have got worse. Happy to spend a bit on 5 decent pairs to get me through the week, but haven’t been successful. I might give snag a try.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?