Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Our Dermatica journey

MayBeee · 11/05/2022 13:13

Hi there
I've been on Dermatica for a month and wonder if anyone else newly on it would like somewhere to discuss / share their journey ?
My prescription is :

Month 1: Tretinoin 0.015% / Niacinamide 4%
Month 2: Tretinoin 0.025% / Niacinamide 4%
Month 3: Tretinoin 0.05% / Niacinamide 4%
Months 4+: Tretinoin 0.05% / Niacinamide 4% years

If anyone is out there , how are you getting on ?

My skin is feeling much softer but as I've also really upped my regime that has probably helped lot as as well.
And of course the religious adding of sunscreen , which I've never done before.

OP's posts:
Please
or

MayBeee · 11/05/2022 13:15

Sorry don't know where the ' years ' popped up from on that last % !

OP's posts:
Please
or

MayBeee · 11/05/2022 13:21

If anyone is interested , it is only available on prescription , via Dermatica ( the one I'm on ) and another company called Skin & Me in the Uk.
You get sent your prescription monthly after filling out a skin analysis and sending photos of your face . It costs just under £20 but can get the first month for just £2.90 and 2nd month 25% off with a refer a friend code.
https://www.dermatica.co.uk/referrer/V3WPNY

OP's posts:
Please
or

MayBeee · 11/05/2022 13:23

@Okkie

I've tagged you on this as we have chatted on another thread and I know you are also on it.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Chewchewaboogiw · 11/05/2022 14:18

Ive just started on it too. ! 2 weeks in . No redness or anything.

Please
or

MayBeee · 11/05/2022 14:35

Hi. @Chewchewaboogiw I had some redness at the start and on the first morning my skin get a little sensitive , but it's all been good so far. What is it that you are using and are you putting it on nightly or every other ? Have you noticed any changes to your skin ? Are you using it for anti ageing or a skin problem ?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Chewchewaboogiw · 11/05/2022 14:52

Hi , i am.58 and am trying to up my skicare game ! .. anti age that is !

I was using a retinol and an exfolatior..good genes and lunar oil , both by sunday riley.. they were great but ive read tret is better , so giving it a go!

Same presc as you .. is it for anti aging for you too ...?

Please
or

mogtheexcellent · 11/05/2022 14:53

Day 1 here. Not sure how it will work really but have tried everything else and they have an offer on. Im supposed to use at night but ive popped a bit on as indoors all day today and wanted to check it doesnt irritate so I can wash off easily if it does. I have rosacea so my prescription is:

Ivermectin 1%
Metronidazole 0.75%
Niacinamide 4%

My cheeks are feeling slightly tight so keeping an eye on it.

Please
or

Guardup · 11/05/2022 14:54

Can I join you?

I started last month and have just had my second month dispatched.

I will check my prescription and revert back.

I’ve been able to use it every night with no major adverse reactions. I’ve had slight flakey patches and about a week in I did get some redness so skipped a night, but that’s it. I don’t have sensitive skin.

I have found the skin under my eyes has gone really dry (I have been avoiding this area) which is new. I’ve just bought some kiehl’s avocado eye cream (as recommended on mumsnet) so I’m hopeful that will help.

I also signed up to sober spring to help with the hydration of my skin. So no alcohol since I started.

It’s early days but I’ve seen absolutely no improvement so far!

Please
or

Guardup · 11/05/2022 15:13

Here is my prescription for aging skin, fine lines and sun spots:

Month 1: Tretinoin 0.025 Niacinamide 4g
Azalic Acid 4g

Month 2: Tretinoin 0.05 Niacinamide 4g
Azalic Acid 10g

Month 3: Tretinoin 0.1
Niacinamide 4g
Azalic Acid 15g

Please
or

MayBeee · 11/05/2022 15:21

Hello to one and all !
Yes I'm doing it for anti ageing rather than blemishes / acne.
I've ( nearly ) always used a day cream but was haphazard about using a night cream , and never a sunscreen on my face other than a day cream or foundation that had a small amount of spf already in. I'm currently using a beauty pie 50 spf after trying Neutragena and Bondi Sands which both left me very greasy looking . I think with sunscreen I just have to put up with a shiny face !
Are we religiously re applying sunscreen every two hours ? I'm terrible at doing that as want to put it on in the morning and forget . Although if out in the garden , I am putting on a hat which isn't the sort of thing I usually do.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Chewchewaboogiw · 11/05/2022 16:35

What are we all hoping to gain.. ? What will it do ...

Please
or

doadeer · 11/05/2022 16:45

I've used Tret for about 9/10 months I'm on 0.1 now.

I swear by a good glug of the ordinary squalene oil after moisturiser if you're dry tenancy. 👌

Please
or

MayBeee · 11/05/2022 17:53

@doadeer

how have you found it ( Tret ) ?
I think the majority of us are recent newbies .
I've heard squalene is good , anything else . What sunscreen do you use ?

OP's posts:
Please
or

doadeer · 11/05/2022 18:07

I go through phases where my skin is a bit dry but that's only since going up to 0.1 4 months ago.

I use it to prevent anti aging. I find it good. My skin is best it's ever been. But I do need to add a lot of moisturise back in.

I vary sunscreens, like beauty pie, altruist fluid (cheap), ultra violette, bondi - I use a few it helps to put on then leave 10 mins before doing any other make up etc

Please
or

loopylu26 · 13/05/2022 13:31

I've been using tret for 2 just over years. I started on 0.025 and 4% hydroquinone then moved up to 0.05 and after 3 months 0.1, 4% niacinamide and 4% azalaic acid.

I started getting an odd spot and a rash around my chin from wearing a face mask so the azalaic was increased to 15%. As soon as the azalaic acid strength increased my skin became perfectly clear and has remained so.

My tip would be to keep skin well hydrated and be careful with any active skincare and don't use exfoliators regularly. I may exfoliate once or twice a month and skip tret that night. I'll use a hydrating face mask one or twice a week.

I use a vitamin C serum and hydrating serum then moisturiser in the morning then a rich balm or oil in the evening then perhaps moisturiser just before I go to bed. I tend to cleanse my face as soon as I've finished dinner so there's plenty of time for everything to sink in

Please
or

MayBeee · 13/05/2022 15:25

Thank you for all sharing you skin routines with us , it's great to hear what everyone uses on their skin.

OP's posts:
Please
or

MayBeee · 14/05/2022 14:22

Just had my 2nd month arrive : Tretinoin 0.025% / Niacinamide 4%
As I still have some left , I think I will alternate , so 0.015% and following 0.025% until my lower % runs out . Hopefully my skin will adapt with the increase better this way.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Twoweeksandcounting · 14/05/2022 16:06

I’ve been using Dermatica for about 18 months now, for mild acne and anti-aging. I took a bit of a break recently (around 3 months or so - issue with my bank meant I missed a monthly payment, and I kept forgetting to set it back up), but have been back to it for the past couple of weeks.

My prescription was Tret 0.1%, niacinamide 4% and azelaic acid 15%, but because I had a period without, they dropped the tret and azelaic down for the first month back. Will increase back to the higher strengths next month.

Overall I’m pleased with the results so far. My hormonal acne has massively reduced (previously having 3-4 large, painful spots along my jawline each month, now having the occasional small spot, which clears up very quickly). Can’t remember the last time I had a spot that I was tempted to squeeze. Anti-aging is a tricky one, as I think it is all about the long term use. But certainly I feel my skin is fairly youthful for my age. A lot of that is probably down to the other products that get used.

When I’m really on it with my skincare, in an evening I double cleanse (Clinique Take The Day Off balm, followed by Cerave hydrating cleanser), use a hydrating toner/essence (Pyungkang Yul), Dermatica cream, and finally Illiyoon Ceramide Ato moisturiser. In an evening I use the Cerave cleanser, Pyungkang Yul essence, moisturiser, then sunscreen - factor 50, either Mermaid Skin UV Gel by Canmake, or Biore Watery Essense. Every few days I try and use Paula’s Choice 2% BHA liquid exfoliant, and once a week I use a sheet mask.

When I’m not on it, most of the above goes out the window! And it’s all I can do to muster up the energy to cleanse, Dermatica and moisturise! I really ought to keep on top of it.

I loooove Korean beauty products, and do an order every few months to get some goodies delivered. They’re usually a very reasonable price, and there are lots of bits that I think are superior to what we can get in the shops in the U.K. In particular I love the sunscreens (genuinely don’t feel like you have sunscreen on if you let it sink in before putting make up on) and the Ceramide moisturiser.

Please
or

Twoweeksandcounting · 14/05/2022 16:08

Do you know that you can adjust your delivery intervals to longer than a month? Mine comes every 45 days, but you can increase it up to 56 days.

Please
or

MayBeee · 14/05/2022 17:36

@Twoweeksandcounting

Ooh I didn't know that . Thank you.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Andonandonamdnn · 14/05/2022 18:11

Twoweeksandcounting thanks for that info!
Have just signed up . The thing is , I cant tell how much is in the tube.. so cant tell if I can get away with spacing it out !

Please
or

Twoweeksandcounting · 14/05/2022 22:15

Andonandonamdnn

Twoweeksandcounting thanks for that info!
Have just signed up . The thing is , I cant tell how much is in the tube.. so cant tell if I can get away with spacing it out !

It is a bit annoying! However, if you shine your phone torch (if you have one!) onto the tube, and hold it up to the window at the same time, you can just about make out how much is in there!

Please
or

Intothecircle · 14/05/2022 22:19

Am on my 5th month and I have to say it's amazing. My skin is glowing and clear - really suffered from hormonal spots and all cleared up and the glow is impressive. Not sure any difference in my wrinkles though. Lots of peeling of skin in first couple of months and I get random days still of dry patches but I can't recommend it highly enough.

Please
or

Ballsaque · 15/05/2022 08:58

I’ve been using Dermatica for ages with good results.

when I started I had really bad Melasma on my face. I’d tried loads of things and nothing worked until I went on to hydroquinone. It’s cleared up so much but after 6 months they take you off it for a break.

I’m on 0.05 Tret and 4% Niacinamide

i still get flaky bits even now sometimes!

for SPF I like Nivea shine control which is pretty cheap and better than lots of others!
The new ALTRUIST pigmentation spf is good but only if you’re olive skinned.

Please
or

Ballsaque · 15/05/2022 09:00

Also,I use two pumps and every 30 days is too frequent I find so adjust my delivery accordingly.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.