Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Style & Beauty

Facial Fillers. I am SO happy with the results

129 replies

NewMe2021 · 10/03/2022 11:55

I just wanted to come on here and share my experience. I've wanted facial fillers for a long time as ive lost alot of volume in my mid face as I've aged. I'm 44 and had my first botox experience in November last year. I was over the moon with that. For 11s and a little in my forehead. Anyhoo fast forward to yesterday and I've had filler in my cheeks and a little in my nasolabial folds and a tiny bit in the corners of my mouth. I just cannot tell you how happy I am with the results. Its subtle but that's exactly how it should be. I look plumped and refreshed. More importantly I still look like me! It cost £900 for 3ml. Top end place but with years of experience and fantastic reputation.

I have no bruising. No swelling. It wasn't sore at all. I am a tad tender today but nothing remotely worth even taking a paracetamol for. I bruise easily so i am surprised at this.

Anyways anyone who has been thinking of going for this I'd totally recommend it. Do your research first though.

OP posts:
Please
or

poppypetal · 10/03/2022 13:30

Great to hear this! I went for my botox today and was asking about fillers because I've been thinking about trying it recently..........but then I chickened out. Maybe I'll be braver next time Smile

Please
or

SunshineCake1 · 10/03/2022 13:31

Please
or

BurgerKingAddict · 10/03/2022 13:31

@NewMe2021 how long will what you have had done last for?

Please
or

NewMe2021 · 10/03/2022 13:40

@SunshineCake1 not remotely! Nice of you to be so cynical...

OP posts:
Please
or

picklemewalnuts · 10/03/2022 13:42

Isn't it the cumulative effect people worry about, though? You go back for a top up, a little more, another touch... each time a subtle change... and then suddenly you look like someone else.

Please
or

NewMe2021 · 10/03/2022 13:42

@BurgerKingAddict. I was told 12-18 months. I really really hope it does last that long. I have read alot of posts on here with differing longevity. I think there's so many different factors that come into play unfortunately.

OP posts:
Please
or

NewMe2021 · 10/03/2022 13:45

@picklemewalnuts. Yeah I get that concern. Only time will tell I suppose. I'm not going to overly worry about it as it can be dissolved if it doesn't work out. It's not a permanent procedure. I'm living in the moment for now and I am super happy with the results.

OP posts:
Please
or

pinkcattydude · 10/03/2022 13:47

Oh I’m so jealous I get so close to booking then chickening out.

Please
or

Googlecanthelpme · 10/03/2022 13:48

I had facial fillers to replace volume as was extremely sallow in some areas. It made a huge difference to how tired / refreshed I looked.
It didn’t change my face shape or features, I wasn’t looking to do that. Just have that plumpiness around the mid face
It didn’t quite last 12 months, i went top end as well, very reputable Dr. So you might not get 12 months, mine was more like 9, which was disappointing because it is expensive.
However i did ask for a light touch so perhaps dr was overly conservative hence didn’t last as long.

Glad you like it OP, ultimately it is your face, your life and your decision! Enjoy that plummy refreshed feeling!

Please
or

NewMe2021 · 10/03/2022 14:17

@pinkcattydude. I've just been waiting for the right time. Wasn't remotely nervous. I was reassured that it could be dissolved if I didn't like it. Maybe you'll go for it when the time is right Smile

OP posts:
Please
or

NewMe2021 · 10/03/2022 14:24

@Googlecanthelpme. I hope I get more than 9 months. Fingers crossed. I'm loving the freshness I really am. It's boosted my self esteem so much which is why I have come on to share. I don't spend £££ on any other beauty splurges. I dye my own hair. I don't get facials or wear expensive makeup etc. So I feel I can't justify the cost over the course of a year. If I can at least get 12 months I'll be happy. Can I ask did yours disappear all at once or gradually? I'm wondering at what point you decide you need a top up? I don't even know if they can top up or if you have to wait until its all metabolised.Blush

OP posts:
Please
or

balancebeam · 10/03/2022 15:14

I recently had 1ml (£300) for nasolabial folds - half a ml each side. I only have very fine lines and the difference has been very subtle, a lifting and the lines have diminished. Have your lines disappeared completely @NewMe2021 and was a cannula used?

The place I went to said they're reluctant to add more for naso lines as it can give a 'monkey' appearance. I was also told to drink lots of water initially. Is that a thing?

Please
or

NewMe2021 · 10/03/2022 15:37

@balancebeam. I was 1ml each cheek then 1ml in nasolabial folds with a tiny bit at both corners of my mouth (I don't think whole 1ml was used). There's still a hint of them but I'm very pleased because of the cheeks being filled out too my results are probably more noticeable. The monkey thing is a concern. My brother is an animator and its massive in his industry to get the nasolabial folds right. I thought it was quite funny we had an in depth chat about this last night Smile. Re: water. I've read that but it's not something I was advised from place I went to. I actually had a few large wines last night! I'll stay extra hydrated over next few days just incase!

OP posts:
Please
or

catscatscatseverywhere · 10/03/2022 16:12

So happy for you. I only do lip fillers atm, but face fillers are deffo on my list when my time comes ha.

Please
or

HangingOver · 10/03/2022 16:18

I just got my cheeks done and I ADORE it. So subtle but my confidence has got a huge boost. Having Ultherapy soon too - quite excited.

Please
or

NewMe2021 · 10/03/2022 16:22

@balancebeam yes a cannula

OP posts:
Please
or

NewMe2021 · 10/03/2022 16:24

@HangingOver. Its made such a difference for me too. I'm surprised how subtle a difference has lifted years! What's ultherapy? I'm considering starting retinol from reading on here.

OP posts:
Please
or

HangingOver · 10/03/2022 16:25

Skin tightening treatment using ultrasound that you only need once a year. I'm only 34 but I have a disease that affects my collagen so my neck is already baggy. Sad Apparently this is going to zap it into place.

Please
or

SheWoreYellow · 10/03/2022 16:27

@Googlecanthelpme

I had facial fillers to replace volume as was extremely sallow in some areas. It made a huge difference to how tired / refreshed I looked.
It didn’t change my face shape or features, I wasn’t looking to do that. Just have that plumpiness around the mid face
It didn’t quite last 12 months, i went top end as well, very reputable Dr. So you might not get 12 months, mine was more like 9, which was disappointing because it is expensive.
However i did ask for a light touch so perhaps dr was overly conservative hence didn’t last as long.

Glad you like it OP, ultimately it is your face, your life and your decision! Enjoy that plummy refreshed feeling!

Do you mean gaunt rather than sallow? Or is there a treatment that works on the colour of your face? Being nosey Smile
Please
or

ClemFandangoo · 10/03/2022 16:32

OP (or anyone else?) do fillers work on what I think is a marionette line appearing. It’s a crease from the corner my mouth downwards and has started appearing in the side I sleep on/squash my face into the pillow. Bergen trying to sleep in my back and caffeine drops are helping a bit not not much Sad

Please
or

NewMe2021 · 10/03/2022 16:44

@ClemFandangoo. Yes you can. I have no direct experience but im sure a quick Google for before and after pics will give you an idea. However I will say my before and after pics I took of myself look similar but in person there is a noticeable difference for me.

OP posts:
Please
or

Splendididity · 10/03/2022 16:44

Thats interesting op.. glad you got a good result.
I had some done in the new year.. added cheek volume. The practitionor said he wdnt put any filler in the.nasal folds asnit was.the cheek.bones that pull the skin up.. bit I still have.the folds
. Wonder if a different clinic would do it like you have had yrs done.. sounds.fab ( plus i got massive brusing )

Please
or

Bunce1 · 10/03/2022 16:56

op I am so pleased you had a great result.

How old are you? And if you don’t mind please do share your practitioner!

Please
or

feemcgee · 10/03/2022 17:01

Thanks for posting, I am getting fillers for the first time tomorrow and I am nervous/excited! It will be just beneath my eyes as they are sunken, and in the lines on my neck. The woman is a GP and has the same and looks natural.

Please
or

ClemFandangoo · 10/03/2022 17:02

[quote NewMe2021XSoqQENsZW1GYW5kYW5nb28=**. Yes you can. I have no direct experience but im sure a quick Google for before and after pics will give you an idea. However I will say my before and after pics I took of myself look similar but in person there is a noticeable difference for me.[/quote]
Thanks OP. Can I also ask your age as I’m wondering if it works better the younger you are

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?