My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Slimming World

Slimming world support thread #7 2017

975 replies

BasinHaircut · 17/08/2017 12:34

Hello!

OP posts:
Trills · 08/10/2017 15:09

How's everyone's weekend going? Any inspiration?

ALemonyPea · 08/10/2017 15:51

My weekend has been fine, no cheating apart from a lick of the knife I used to cut triple chocolate fudge cake for everyone. I had 2syn rice pudding instead.

I’ve decided I. Going to try make fauxmosas (samosas) for the taster this week. I’m going to make a wrap into smaller circles (maybe get three from one wrap, and use Heinz lentil curry to fill them, make half moon like the pasty that everyone is making. Will let everyone know if they work, or are fiddly little bastards.

Trills · 08/10/2017 15:57

That sounds lovely if it works!

Trills · 08/10/2017 15:58

I'm making some gingery turmericy lentil soup to try to ward off the cold that is going around.

Trills · 08/10/2017 15:59

Not entirely on plan yesterday, but that's the past and there's nothing for it except to move forward.

ALemonyPea · 08/10/2017 16:00

I need to make some butternut squash and red pepper soup later. Planning ahead and all that shit. Was also going to make a quiche.

OwlinaTree · 08/10/2017 17:40

Hi all, just got back from inlaws. Roast dinner and lemon merange pie for tea sat, plus a few drinks, but nothing too outrageous. Didn't eat the pastry because I don't like it!

On plan today so far so good. According to my scales I've lost this week so far, but that was before the weekend!

ALemonyPea · 08/10/2017 19:30

Mmmmm lemon meringue tart. Obviously just all speed if you didn’t eat the pastry Wink

Groovee · 08/10/2017 20:45

I was back at Burlesque today. Stayed for drinks afterwards. It was good fun. Free Diet Pepsi. Took it easy in class but it’s a nice routine.

Decided to make stovies for Tuesday Taster as it’s a right Scottish dish to make. Will use heck sausages and make salted caramel weetabix muffins x

IvorHughJarrs · 09/10/2017 00:37

Ggrrrr! It is DH's birthday so he wanted a cake. Had a small piece to be polite when had all the family here earlier and have decided unhealthy food is like crack to me Cake Have just binged on all the stuff I had in for syns this week and am so cross with myself Angry Positive is it was not too bad as don't have the same amount of crap in the house as I used to but even so I'm cross

Flutterby81 · 09/10/2017 06:41

Terrible week here and 2lb on totally expected! Fresh start today I will stop sabotaging myself syn free carrot and coriander soup and an apple for lunch at work today. Hope everyone has a good day Smile

Jennywallpaper · 09/10/2017 07:51

Hi 👋 can I join please? I'd love to have some more weight off by Christmas, aiming for a stone but would be happy with getting in to my next stone bracket.
Weighed in this morning, decided to change from fri weigh in to Monday in the hope it will keep me from straying at the weekend! Here's hoping anyway!!

ALemonyPea · 09/10/2017 07:54

Welcome Jenny

Ivor, reduce your syns to 5 a day for the rest of the week. Don’t sweat the small things.

Groovee · 09/10/2017 13:14

You know how we get fitted for bras? I need fitted for pants. E writhing I buy is wrong and huge.

latedecember1963 · 09/10/2017 13:52

Welcome newbies and welcome back Calzone. Hope you get a good loss tomorrow.
Got 2 awards this morning, 1.5 stones off and my Club 10 award so I'm feeling good. I'm a slow loser but hoping to lose 2stones by Christmas.
Hope everyone has a good week!

pandorawithtreaclecolouredhair · 09/10/2017 14:13

Has anyone else found that Scan Bran are not available in group at the moment?
I couldn't buy any this morning, and the member in charge of the shop said that there is going to be a new recipe, improved version coming out ( plenty of scope there, then).

Trills · 09/10/2017 14:16

I've never seen scan bran available for sale in my group. There are books and magazines and hifi bars every week. What is it?

pandorawithtreaclecolouredhair · 09/10/2017 14:36

Trills, it's a high fibre crispbread: you can have 5 as a HXB, or count 1 syn each.
SW website has some scan bran cake recipes; I usually have them with soup or warm milk or tinned tomatoes: they need something moist with them to make them palatable!

Groovee · 09/10/2017 15:29

Well done Late 🎉🎉

You can get Scan Bran in Holland and Barrett too... it’s only £1.59. We sometimes have it.

Just made salted caramel weetabix muffins for taster and will do Heck chicken sausages into Stovies too.

Flutterby81 · 09/10/2017 16:28

Well done lateFlowers
And those muffins sound nice groovee.

ALemonyPea · 09/10/2017 17:38

Scan bran is t owned by SW. They are bringing their own branded stuff though, so that’s why it’s no longer available at group.

Fauxmosas look and taste lovely. Hope they don’t go soggy by tomorrow.

Groovee · 09/10/2017 19:33

Stovies and muffins are ready. I want to eat the Stovies now.

ALemonyPea · 09/10/2017 19:48

Stovies always confuse me. I always think of them as a hot sandwich thing, but they’re not.

What’s in the muffins?

Jennywallpaper · 09/10/2017 19:53

Is stovies like a stew? I'm in Northern Ireland and it kind of looks like Irish stew.

UnwiseOldElf · 09/10/2017 19:54

Gain of 2lbs. Really annoyed and disappointed. Disproportionately so. Basically annoyed because I haven't cheated or tweaked things at all. I think it must be because of AF. I'm perimenopausal and have just come on for the first time in months and months. Looked back at my weight chart and seems I have a blip every four weeks, which would make sense. Annoying though!!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.