My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our Property forum for renovation, DIY, and house selling advice.

Property/DIY

Don't people neutralise before selling any longer ?

222 replies
OP posts:
OhItsOnlyCynthia · 26/02/2024 13:31

I think it's nice enough, definitely not beyond a quick change to suit personal tastes. Granted the kitchen's unusual, but it's not awful and they're unlikely to change a kitchen just to sell it. I could live with all of it anyway.

takemeawayagain · 26/02/2024 13:33

It's all lovely and tasteful - and then there's the kitchen! But I think it would be easy enough to just change the colour of those cupboard doors so it wouldn't put me off buying it.

Redshoeblueshoe · 26/02/2024 13:34

I think it's lovely, apart from the kitchen doors. I don't think they will have any trouble selling it.

PuttingDownRoots · 26/02/2024 13:35

The only major problem i can see is that claustrophobic bathtub.

Its inoffensive. Just mot maybe to everyone's taste... but then neither is grey or beige.

TheSandHurtsMyFeelings · 26/02/2024 13:35

What are you on about? The kitchen cupboards are a bit lairy for my taste but the rest of it's fairly bog-standard. Hardly eye-bleach territory.

GoodnightJude1 · 26/02/2024 13:37

I really like it!
Kitchen cupboards wouldn’t necessarily be my choice but easily changed. I’d rather a house with a bit of life than all magnolia….

MintTwirl · 26/02/2024 13:38

Bit of an overreaction. It’s bright, light and airy, the kitchen cupboards are colourful of course but tbh I prefer that to drab and dull grey/cream/beige.

Februarysiceandsleet · 26/02/2024 13:39

I also think it’s lovely. Good advertising if you’re the seller, OP.

SkaneTos · 26/02/2024 13:39

Is it not kind of a waste to neutralise before selling?
Because the new owner will get a new colour anyway.

Superduper02 · 26/02/2024 13:40

I love it!

DappledThings · 26/02/2024 13:41

Are we looking at the same property? The orange cupboard doors require bright but otherwise it's just a couple of walls of wallpaper.

ShirleyPhallus · 26/02/2024 13:41

What a beautiful flat

You’re being a snob OP, it’s absolutely fine

chipsandpeas · 26/02/2024 13:42

PuttingDownRoots · 26/02/2024 13:35

The only major problem i can see is that claustrophobic bathtub.

Its inoffensive. Just mot maybe to everyone's taste... but then neither is grey or beige.

yup the bathtub is the only issue i have with the place

TheChosenTwo · 26/02/2024 13:42

Other than the very bright kitchen units it’s all fairly standard. It’s clean and tidy.
If people can’t see beyond decor/furniture/cushin covers/bedding when they’re viewing properties they’ve got issues 😂

BoohooWoohoo · 26/02/2024 13:42

I used to do that but having witnessed a lot of people rip out flooring, bathrooms etc to suit their taste, I think it’s less important these days.

Shitlord · 26/02/2024 13:44

That's a gorgeous property, decor not all to my taste but perfectly nice. I wouldn't expect them to change the kitchen.

The only bit I don't understand is the large airy bed and living rooms then the walled in bath?

I was expecting a horror show. I once viewed a rental that was all done out in huge, thick black and grey stripes. Carpet, wallpaper and paint. Just awful. I genuinely couldn't have lived there which was a pain as there was a real shortage of rentals in the area. Now that needed a lick of white paint.

Merrow · 26/02/2024 13:44

I prefer to see a house that looks loved and lived in rather than endless griege. That flat looks great!

HalfMyFault · 26/02/2024 13:46

Are agents doing this pretend ‘look how terrible this property is’ thing on mumsnet to get views now. 😅

Macramepotholder · 26/02/2024 13:46

I like it! But then I have an orange living room. We're looking at the moment and everything is so grey. It's depressing.

AgentProvocateur · 26/02/2024 13:47

I love that flat.

DancingFerret · 26/02/2024 13:48

I could live in it for a while. When I buy property, my priorities are location, aspect for natural light, parking, layout, and room sizes in that order. The need to redecorate is almost a given and not really a problem, IMO.

AgnesX · 26/02/2024 13:50

It's prime property in Edinburgh. The sellers won't have any issues selling it as it is.

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

BuffaloCauliflower · 26/02/2024 13:51

I love the kitchen and wouldn’t change it, so this would actually be more appealing for me if I were flat hunting in Edinburgh. We’re currently in the process of buying a house, and the one we went for and even over budget for was the most colourful/interesting one over seeing loads of boring magnolia boxes. Everyone doesn’t have your taste

circlesand · 26/02/2024 13:53

Looks fine to me.

Shodan · 26/02/2024 13:53

I rather like the kitchen cupboards 😁Nice to see something cheery and not an endless sea of grey. And the rest looks fine- perhaps not to everyone's taste but I assume 'neutralised' isn't most people's taste either.

But the bath! I couldn't cope with that.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.