My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

Pregnancy after miscarriage - New support thread

119 replies

tulipsunday · 17/01/2024 15:57

A new thread for those who are pregnant following miscarriage/s. Come and share your worries and joy with people who understand what you are going through.

OP posts:
tulipsunday · 17/01/2024 16:03

I will tag those I can who have posted recently on the old thread but everyone welcome to join

@Brokenpancreas94
@Cheetocat
@ChloeN
@HopeAndStrength
@Hoping4amiracle
@WhiteHorse92
@TheBirdintheCave
@sweetpotato29

OP posts:
Khanga27 · 17/01/2024 16:10

Thanks @tulipsunday

siobhanmt247 · 17/01/2024 16:51

Hi everyone. I hope you don't mind me joining. I had an mmc in my first pregnancy, finally miscarried naturally at 9 weeks after a scan showed at 7 weeks. I've had one baby since then and I'm now 4w5d. Sort of hoping my chances are less now I've had a live birth but I don't think that's the case

Sav2023 · 17/01/2024 17:18

Hello, hope it’s ok if I join. Sorry for everyone’s losses but hoping everyone has a successful rainbow baby this time ❤️🤞.
I have had 2 miscarriages, one a few years ago and more recently a MMC in September (found out at 9-10weeks baby stopped at 6+4).
I’m currently 11+1 FTM and I have had a few scans. I had one at 7+5 for reassurance, then another at 9+1 due to brown discharge and then one at 10+1 (baby measured ahead as 10+4). I have been diagnosed with a SCH and I’m on progesterone, still have on and off brown discharge.
My nhs scan is on the 25th Jan and I’m so worried it’s going to be another MMC. I think I’m getting more anxious as I feel like I’m so close to the 12 week mark and the thought of this actually working out for us seems impossible.

tulipsunday · 17/01/2024 17:20

@Khanga27 how are you doing?

@siobhanmt247 it is v positive that you have had a live birth previously and shows that your body can. All the best for this pregnancy. Will you have any early scans?

OP posts:
siobhanmt247 · 17/01/2024 17:23

@tulipsunday im not sure, I don't think I can face that again. I think I'd rather just wait and assume I'm pregnant until I start bleeding

siobhanmt247 · 17/01/2024 17:25

@Sav2023 sprry for your losses. I think it's supposed to be really good that you've had a heartbeat confirmed after 8 weeks

sweetpotato29 · 17/01/2024 17:35

Thanks for the new thread @tulipsunday

Sending you lots of love @siobhanmt247 it is a horribly anxious time.

Sav2023 · 17/01/2024 17:56

@siobhanmt247 Thank you, I have heard that too but still don’t dare assume it will be ok. I hope everything is ok with you, those early weeks are really tough. ❤️

AprilShwrs · 17/01/2024 19:07

@Sav2023 I know exactly how you’re feeling, I had two miscarriages last year at 9weeks and a second at 6 weeks, I’ve not enjoyed this pregnancy at all due to anxiety but I also didn’t get offered any reassurance scans despite my history. I had my first scan at 12 weeks, and I’m due my second scan at 20 weeks next week. I saw my consultant today (2 weeks overdue, due to cancellation) and she offered me a quick reassurance scan because she could see how anxious I was. Baby have us a thumbs up 👍🏻

But my point being; It’s been a rollercoaster of emotions for us too, waiting for what feels like the inevitable bad news. Nothing I say will make that feeling go away fully, but try to stay as positive as you can. You’ve seen baby recently and as long as there’s been no major changes since then, you’ll see baby again in a week and you’ll be reassured once more! Hold onto the little moments of joy, and keep your heart and head high. You’ll probably worry, like I expect I will, the whole way through but try not to dwell on the negative for too long, lest you forget to enjoy this beautiful gift! 🥰🥰

Sav2023 · 17/01/2024 19:21

AprilShwrs · 17/01/2024 19:07

@Sav2023 I know exactly how you’re feeling, I had two miscarriages last year at 9weeks and a second at 6 weeks, I’ve not enjoyed this pregnancy at all due to anxiety but I also didn’t get offered any reassurance scans despite my history. I had my first scan at 12 weeks, and I’m due my second scan at 20 weeks next week. I saw my consultant today (2 weeks overdue, due to cancellation) and she offered me a quick reassurance scan because she could see how anxious I was. Baby have us a thumbs up 👍🏻

But my point being; It’s been a rollercoaster of emotions for us too, waiting for what feels like the inevitable bad news. Nothing I say will make that feeling go away fully, but try to stay as positive as you can. You’ve seen baby recently and as long as there’s been no major changes since then, you’ll see baby again in a week and you’ll be reassured once more! Hold onto the little moments of joy, and keep your heart and head high. You’ll probably worry, like I expect I will, the whole way through but try not to dwell on the negative for too long, lest you forget to enjoy this beautiful gift! 🥰🥰

@AprilShwrs thank you so much for this kind response 🥹❤️. You are completely right about waiting for bad news, every scan I expected to be told there’s no heartbeat. Nothing seems to have changed since Saturday so fingers crossed it will be ok 🤞.
Congratulations on your pregnancy and seeing your baby today must have been so amazing! I will take your advice and if all goes well at my 12 week scan I will try to actually enjoy this much wanted pregnancy ❤️❤️❤️

JRTfan · 17/01/2024 21:58

Hi I am 40 and currently 17+4 weeks with an IVF miracle after 12 years of trying. In April I had a MMC diagnosed at viability scan (7 weeks) didn't bleed until 9 weeks and have previously had 2 chemical pregnancies.
I've been ridiculously anxious this pregnancy and have expected bad news at every scan. We had a gender scan privately last week and I burst in to tears as soon as I saw the baby move on the screen I didn't even care what the gender was! Every scan has been reassuring for a short period of time but then it's just back to worry before the next one. I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling this but I really don't want anxiety to ruin what should be a special time. Was hoping I'd feel the baby move soon but have an anterior placenta so told that's unlikely pre 20 weeks!
Hope everyone else holding up ok.

My2boysaremyworld · 17/01/2024 23:02

Hi can I join please. Currently 6 weeks pregnant after 3 consecutive miscarriages at around 6 weeks. We had a reassurance scan yesterday and a heartbeat was found and il measuring bang on my dates 😍
My anxiety has been through the roof since I found out I was pregnant xx

TheBirdintheCave · 17/01/2024 23:12

Placemarking so I don't lose everyone :)

loulouhind · 17/01/2024 23:33

Hi all, had a TFMR at 24 weeks 5 days in March 2023. Shortly after we fell pregnant again in May 2023 which was a MMC. Baby stopped growing at around 8 weeks. Two sets of tablets didn’t work so had to go in for the procedure in September. Found out we were pregnant again day before New Year’s Eve. Saturday had a slight bleed so thought we were done again. Went for a scan today and all is ok apart from a haemorrhage which doctors didn’t seem too concerned about just yet. Baby measuring at just under six weeks (we had it down at 6+2). Heartbeat seen and so far so good.

wont ever be able to relax though

Khanga27 · 18/01/2024 08:04

@tulipsunday I am ok thsnks, on alert at the moment. 7+4 weeks today but despite my scan at EPU that showed heartbeat I still feel quite anxious after the MMC that we will experience the same. My nausea has been milder for the past 5 days which has also got me thinking the worst.

i have had a lot more hunger however. I feel hungry all the time!! Did anyone else have this is first trimester?

siobhanmt247 · 18/01/2024 08:32

@@Khanga27 im only 5w and want to constantly graze. Will be the size of a house if I carry on like this

AprilShwrs · 18/01/2024 11:11

@Khanga27 i was ravenous during my first trimester, I resisted as much as I could because my GP and my midwives both made points of pointing out my bmi is high 🙄 but my morning sickness was also very mild compared to some. I wasn’t ever actually sick, I just felt nauseous in the evenings. So try not to panic too much over sickness, I tried to concentrate on how my boobs felt. With my two loses I knew it was coming to an end when my breasts/nipples were no longer sensitive to the touch.

but also try to remember, every pregnancy is different. There is no normal. It’s hard not to compare, but your body will tell you if something is wrong, until then try not to dwell. (Easier said than done, I know, and I’m a massive hypocrite for saying it but it’s the best advice I got!)

tulipsunday · 18/01/2024 17:57

Some of you lovely ladies have been supporting me since I became pregnant last Spring following two miscarriages.

Today we welcomed our baby boy. Labour started around midnight and he was born around lunchtime today. All went smoothly. Will be spending the night at hospital and should go home tomorrow.

OP posts:
sweetpotato29 · 18/01/2024 19:30

Aw congratulations @tulipsunday so glad he arrived safe and sound. How far along were you again? Hope you enjoy all the snuggles & getting back home

WhiteHorse92 · 18/01/2024 20:22

@tulipsunday congratulations! Such lovely news to catch up on, glad it went smoothly and you have your baby in your arms. In such a baby bubble at the moment I don't want this week to ever end 😭

Sav2023 · 18/01/2024 20:30

@tulipsunday congratulations! What wonderful news ❤️

tulipsunday · 18/01/2024 20:49

@WhiteHorse92 aw that's lovely.

@sweetpotato29 he arrived at 41 plus 4 one day before induction!

OP posts:
sweetpotato29 · 18/01/2024 22:43

@tulipsunday what a coincidence! I really don't know what to think/decide about the whole induction thing (if offered) think I've heard too many bad experiences!

tulipsunday · 19/01/2024 06:26

@sweetpotato29 yes it can be a tricky decision. Personally I have held off on them and preferred to wait until 42 weeks/heading that way but I totally understand why others are fed up at that point and just want their baby out. I did end up on the drip in the end during first birth due to slow progress - that can really ramp up contractions so recommend an epidural if go down that route.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.