My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

HELP...... is this the start?!

156 replies

jessicaandbumpsmummy · 24/09/2005 08:35

Never been through "real" labour as was induced with Jess.

I am now 36+2 with baby number 2 and have been up most of the night with the most horrific back pain and pains under the bump..... is this normal?

I had a bath but that hasnt done anything, so do i need to get checked or do i take a few paracetemol and see if that helps?!

OP posts:
sweetkitty · 26/09/2005 13:30

Raspberry leaf tea (or the capsules) I took them from 35 weeks dunno if they worked but I was 4 hours in labour at 37+5! Usual sex, pineapples, bumpy roads.

This will be me at the end of the year, I know I'll expect to be early again and have to be induced or something!

jessicaandbumpsmummy · 26/09/2005 13:31

i really want to see MY midwife, but she isnt back working until next monday.....

i really cant go down the lying to get an induction route, but i just feel so useless and fed up right now.....

off to cry into my pillow.....

OP posts:
fastasleep · 26/09/2005 13:32

JM I know exactly how you feel - they're too young to remember us being crap though, honestly! They're never going to remember not having this little bub in their lives never mind what we were like as blobby preggers women... You're doing great anyway, you got her out to a toddler group today, I can't manage mine atm with the buses, it feels like I'm depriving him of his social life (as if an 18 month old would even notice!)

hugs from one blob to another (It could just be your hormones making you feel so tearful and yuck, another good sign!!)

jessicaandbumpsmummy · 26/09/2005 13:35

Thanks FA.... you're a little star. I only go to toddlers because she can run around and wreck that place rather than here!

Bloody hormones are driving me insane..... i jsut want to have this baby and get on with it. I want Jess to meet her new brother or sister and for DH to have 2 weeks off work!!!

OP posts:
Toothache · 26/09/2005 13:35

JABM - I had a tiny bleed after sex. I knew it wasn't the baby.... coz I could see a tiny cut on me(DH being overzealous... it had been a while!). But I phoned the hospital and told them there had been a tiny bit of blood after sex. They told me to go in..... and gave me a sweep.

bubbles2904 · 26/09/2005 13:37

kelli, go to anti natal clubs and you'll find sept thread there. sorry to crash jabm, hope you get started soon xxx good luck

fastasleep · 26/09/2005 13:39

You can do it JM! It all sounds so promising! Toddlers love to be left to wreck the house anyway, bet they're both thinking 'woohoo mummy's gone all soft, letting me do what I like - this is the life! What can I smash now?'

sweetkitty · 26/09/2005 13:39

JABM you are doing better than me DD and I only got out our jammies at 12.30pm

jessicaandbumpsmummy · 26/09/2005 14:00

dont worry- im back in my jammies now!

OP posts:
munz · 26/09/2005 15:00

glad to hear it! - sent the brad email over - ooooh er MRS!!! should get things flowing!

Frizbe · 26/09/2005 17:02

Munz, wot r u like......J&BM it does sound very promising to me has your colour changed at all? does bump feel any lower down? still off your food?? more nookie tonight girl! if sk is right, you could well be on your way to a nice short labour!

jessicaandbumpsmummy · 26/09/2005 17:04

well yes definately on for more sex later.... just got up from a nap - not very easy to sleep with these pains but somehow managed an hour - absolutely shattered still though!

If there is any more blood later, it may be worth a call to the hospital!!

OP posts:
Frizbe · 26/09/2005 17:05

ahh good still getting pains! I reckon your in for a really short labour! promise me a bubba by tomorrow night?

jessicaandbumpsmummy · 26/09/2005 17:08

i wish i could!

ive got a feeling i may be getting these pains from now til my due date..... got a feeling this bubs just ISNT ready!

Bump keeps going rock hard which isnt very comfortable either, but i thought the baby was supposed to calm down on movements towards the end - this one seems to be a bit more active!

OP posts:
Frizbe · 26/09/2005 17:11

lol, I don't remember dd going quiet, the opposite infact, I distinctly remember her punching down below, as if trying to get out....

flamebat · 26/09/2005 17:12

Not posted on this thread before, but wanted to let you know that I'm checking regularly for updates

jessicaandbumpsmummy · 26/09/2005 17:12

oh god.... all these signs and still nothing productive happening! Its REALLY starting to get my back up now!

OP posts:
carly82 · 26/09/2005 17:15

hi to all,
j&bm just wanted to wish you luck and to tell you about my experiences. my first son was induced at 38 wks v,v painful but lasted only three hours (phew!) i then went into labour on my own at 37+1 with my second son baby was v active and getting niggly pains all night next day i was due to be induced (had choleastasis with both pg) but was already in labour(not established but not painful) they broke my waters at eleven thirty and my ds was born 56 minutes later. hope this makes you feel more positive that it could very well be tonight

jessicaandbumpsmummy · 26/09/2005 17:26

Thanks for that Carly.

Well i can officially say everything has stopped - yet again.... must get Jess down to bed early tonight and try the sex thing again!!!

OP posts:
Frizbe · 26/09/2005 19:39

Carly wow! that must be a record surely! J&BM lets see if you can beat that tonight!

munz · 26/09/2005 19:41

well if u bleed again after BD'ing today - i'd say def get to the hosp/m/w just in case u never know they might do something for you.

jessicaandbumpsmummy · 26/09/2005 19:41

i doubt it friz.... Jess has just gone to bed.... hoorah!

Want to beleive that things will happen this week but in reality i think im gonna be hanging on a little while yet... will have to see what the evil MW says on wednesday!

OP posts:
munz · 26/09/2005 19:51

10 days over! lol - the amount of BD'ing u've done I bet baby wants to come out jsut to get a rest! lol. all that moving about in there! lol.

jessicaandbumpsmummy · 26/09/2005 19:53

bless ya heart..... if this is 10 days over ill never talk to you again!!!

OP posts:
munz · 26/09/2005 19:54

oooooooooh don't promise me things like that! he he he

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.