1127 replies

JustineMumsnet · 03/05/2010 13:53

Do post your advance questions here.

OP posts:
MintHumbug · 03/05/2010 14:28

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

magentadreamer · 03/05/2010 14:29

As an NHS worker can we really believe that the NHS will be safer in your hands then David Camerons? Cuts will be needed but where do you propose to make these in the NHS?

Would you abolish Key Stage 2 SATS for 10/11 year olds?

Andromeda07734 · 03/05/2010 14:30

"Who would he like to have as next leader of the Labour Party?"

NotSoRampantRabbit · 03/05/2010 14:30

Oh and if you do get in a bold electoral reform agenda would be great. I live in a safe Conservative seat. My vote feels worthless and that makes me cross.

Grrr.

ruddynorah · 03/05/2010 14:31

''the teachings of the Quran are very similar to those of the BNP party'' do you mean similar to the bible there?

PfftTheMagicDragon · 03/05/2010 14:33

Muppet - the answer ot your question is because you are a bigot. You feel like a minority in "your own country" because you are a misguided bigot. You are not a minority, unless you actually are, but from the tone of your question, I assume you are white, and you are most certainly NOT a minority.

As for "PC gone mmmamaaaaaaaaddd!" This is just the spiel of bigots, annoyed that they can't get away with spouting bile any more.

Gordon - What are the chances of you taking Dave out in a fist fighting smackdown before the election? Someone has to do something!

VirtualPA · 03/05/2010 14:34

No not at all.

The OT may have some scriptures but they are not followed anymore due to the NT being written.

So I think you will find that the bible that modern day Christians follow and the Quran are VERY different.

theyoungvisiter · 03/05/2010 14:34

See, there's no such thing as one visit to mumsnet. It's so addictive even the PM is back for more.

My question: what do you think would be the effect of a hung parliament, if this happened?

Good luck on the 6th!

LilyBolero · 03/05/2010 14:35

Gordon - good luck on Thursday, I am terrified of the idea of a Cameron led Govt!

What do you think is the 'fairest' form of taxation? And how will you avoid the 'middle income' voters yet again being hammered the most by any changes in taxation. Our household income is 55k, so we are hammered for everything, because most of it is earned by dh (I can't make enough in my work to cover childcare!). But in any sort of 'means tested taxation/benefits', the number of dependents is ignored - from next week or so we will be a house of 2 adults, and 4 children. But the tax system does not ever take this into account.

(Just to add, I do work, but have to work from home as can't afford childcare).

ruddynorah · 03/05/2010 14:36

what pffft said.

ahundredtimes · 03/05/2010 14:37

Mr Brown,

I really find the media's approach to you has been damned if you do and damned if you don't - and I want you to know that I hope people mostly see through that, and I think you're a properly good guy with deep personal moral conviction, which as a quality should always be respected. Regardless of how you intend to vote. Thank you, just had to say that.

My question is:

How will you curb or control the City's behaviour in the future - to ensure that our whole economy isn't entirely hitched to the financial free-wheeling of the markets?

I know this is a complex question that it might be hard to give an easy answer to - and if you gave a full one, I probably wouldn't understand it - but in simple terms, is it possible?

KeithTalent · 03/05/2010 14:39

VirtualPA-

Islam really isn'e anti-Semitic,

calm down dear

GeorginaWorsley · 03/05/2010 14:40

Why is my NHS trust employer cutting 'front line staff' if the NHS is safe in your hands?
And that is before the election.
By front line I mean nursing staff.We are a busy paediatric unit managing by the skin of our teeth,and we are being asked to lose nurses.
I don't want scare stories of what the Conservatives will do,I want to know why this is happening on your watch,if the NHS is safe in your hands.

purepurple · 03/05/2010 14:41

oi, dragon, you can only use quotation marks if you are directly quoting someone, and you haven't
you have twisted what has been said, you haven't even paraphrased properly.
How you can judge somebody from just one sentence, I don't know. You must be very clever

ahundredtimes · 03/05/2010 14:42

or else you're just really obvious purple?

LeninGrad · 03/05/2010 14:44

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Andromeda07734 · 03/05/2010 14:45

Is he planning to become a Eurocrat when he leaves Parliament?

BoysAreLikeDogs · 03/05/2010 14:47

Come on, I want to know where it states that we cannot sing baa baa black sheep or read the 3 little pigs please

Or are you just spouting nonsense ?

Francagoestohollywood · 03/05/2010 14:48

Will he give me his opinion on Berlusconi now? I doubt it

Well, dear GB I'll keep my fingers crossed for you from Italy.

purepurple · 03/05/2010 14:48

@ahundredtimes
well, it's not obvious to me
This is the sort of thing I meant.

PfftTheMagicDragon · 03/05/2010 14:49

pure purple - My PC point was directed more widely to everyone I have ever met who uses the phrase "PC gone mad"

As for the rest, I wasn't paraphrasing - I think that when people ask why it is they feel like a minority in their own country they deserve to hear the answer. And the answer is that they are bigoted. That is the only answer, as it isn't anywhere NEAR true for a start.

MuppetsMuggle · 03/05/2010 14:49

Becauseimworthit, I don't see much English tradition round here, not allowed Christmas lights in town as might offend some people, can't sing certain nursery rhymes in school as politically incorrect it's just silly.

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

ruddynorah · 03/05/2010 14:50

sorry but rofl at a link to fox news!!!

omnishambles · 03/05/2010 14:50

Gordon - good luck for this and for Thursday.

My question is how can you reconvince those of the white working-class that have moved to the BNP to come back to the Labour Party and do you think enough has been done about this disenfranchisement at a national level?

Alibabaandthe40nappies · 03/05/2010 14:51

Very good question GeorginaWorsley. Please make sure you answer this one Gordon.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

This thread is not accepting new messages.