Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Week 2 Summer Low Carb Bootcamp - continued thread!

364 replies

BIWI · 02/06/2017 21:53

My goodness Smile I don't think we've ever had a second thread in week 2!

Anyway, the last thread is full, so let's carry on the chatting here until the new thread on Monday!

OP posts:
Please
or

Veryflummoxed · 05/06/2017 07:06

And just noticed this thread has beaten the week one spillover thread. I am so loving the enthusiasm. It's got me to the last day of my being away with out me finding an excuse to eat holiday "treats". Another day out today then home late tonight, weather has been beautiful, I've done lots of walking with higher energy levels than I've had for a while.

Please
or

Pengweng · 05/06/2017 07:13

Added my weight loss of 2.2 lbs to the SS early as going camping and need to get the car loaded and set off.
Happy with 2lbs off again. I just keep thinking if i keep losing 2lbs a week then by the time it's my birthday in Sep I will have lost 35lbs!

Won't be able to check in on the new thread as probably won't have signal but good luck every one.

Hoping camping is good to me. I'm thinking bacon and egg breakfasts and BBQ dinners. MMMM

xx

Please
or

GetReady · 05/06/2017 07:29

Blush

So, despite sticking to it food-wise, my weight has stayed the same - so no loss!

(Weighed in during the week and HAD lost two pounds, but they've mysteriously gone back on 😩 Think it was the glass two bottles of wine and all the yoghurt cartons of double cream)

Will get back to no alcohol today and once the massive carton of Total has gone, might stay off yoghurt eating double cream from the tub for a while!

Well done to everyone who avoided alcohol and lost weight! 😂😂😂😂👊🏻

Please
or

Cookingongas · 05/06/2017 07:30

Can I just streak around the thread arms held high, shrieking I've lost 6lb? -I know it's first week mostly water weight but don't take this away from mGrin

Please
or

CodLiverOil556 · 05/06/2017 07:31

So I've finished the 2 week BC and have lost 9.4lbs am extremely happy with this. Might even have a strawberry to celebrate Grin

Please
or

MOIST · 05/06/2017 07:37

One off for me. Food-wise I've been ok. Although doing the veggie version means I've eaten shed loads of cheese so will rein that in a bit. Also I had a bottle of red over 2 nights, which was necessary but bad. I plan on doing strict boot camp on most days with maybe a bit of room for a glass or 2 one night a week.

And I just ate breakfast! (Yogurt and cream)

Please
or

glenthebattleostrich · 05/06/2017 07:40

1.6 off for me.

I'm going to stick with boot camp weekdays and bclite on weekends but with some intermittent fasting.

Some excellent losses this week, well done everyone.

Please
or

Craftypuss · 05/06/2017 07:41

Drat. Not impressed with myself this morning - thought i'd been good this week, but I'm 4lb UP! Hmm Drinking plenty of water, but maybe too much dairy (well, double cream...!) and need to recheck portion sizes.May look into intermittent fasting when I reach the bottom of the current pot of yoghurt.
Right, girl, pull yourself together. I've been low carbing for about a year, and the trend is still downward, but it's frustrating!
New week, new opportunities. Onwards and downwards!

Please
or

ilovecherries · 05/06/2017 07:44

3.5 down, so exactly 1/2 a stone in two weeks. I'm ecstatic, although I know it will probably slow right down now. But the NSV is - my upper belly is now smaller than my lower belly! This please me no end.

Please
or

Daisy62 · 05/06/2017 07:45

Have gained a lb this week. Very disappointed but won't let it send me off track. Will try another week of strict bootcamp.

Please
or

OldBooks · 05/06/2017 07:47

I am pleased with a loss, though not entirely sure how much, scales are confusing! Are the lbs in a stone the same as lbs on their own? That question makes me seem really stupid Blush

Just that last Monday I was 16.08 stone and today I am 15.11, which I think is 4lbs? But on lbs setting I have gone from 224.8 to 222.8 which is 2 lbs off? Very confusing but at least both numbers are going down...

Please
or

BIWI · 05/06/2017 07:49

OP posts:
Please
or

Veryflummoxed · 05/06/2017 08:19

Old book yes they're the same. Fourteen pounds to a stone so ten stone equals 140 pounds ten stone 1 equals 141 pounds etc.

Please
or

CaptainBraandPants · 05/06/2017 08:31

old
16.08 = 224.8 but
15.11 = 221 not 222.8, so one of them is wrong.
Congratulations on the loss, though.

Please
or

OldBooks · 05/06/2017 08:34

Thanks flummoxed! Must mean my scales are being funny then

Please
or

YoLoZammo · 05/06/2017 08:39

Feeling a bit shaky and jittery this morning. Had a creamy coffee but made no difference. I'm sure I'm eating enough salt, I've been adding salt food where I wouldn't have done before. And eating bacon.

Just had some sausages which I didn't enjoy. My body is craving sugar or starch. Feel quite woozy.

Please
or

styledilemma · 05/06/2017 08:42

Weigh in day! I thought I'd leave it till mid morning to weigh myself, so I get a truer reading.
I. always seem to be a lot lighter if I weigh myself first thing (dehydration overnight) Confused
Anyway, I thought I'd take the second, heavier reading as my true loss weight.

Please
or

AdalindSchade · 05/06/2017 08:46

Weighed in - pretty disappointed. I lost 4lb in the first 2 weeks but after my carb weekend have continued to weigh 2lb heavier so only a 2lb loss overall in 3 weeks.
This is what happened to me both times before when I tried to go bootcamp, I lost 2lb then stopped. I'm following the rules more closely (apart from that weekend obviously) so would expect more loss.
Anyway I have done my foot shop for the week so I'm not giving up! Will try one more week and see if there is any shift. Although I feel the health benefits on a day to day basis I can't afford an extra £20 a week on my shopping bill if I am not going to lose weight.

Please
or

OldBooks · 05/06/2017 08:53

Thanks Captain ... I have been MTUuMTAv15.11 much of the week so I am going to go with 221 Grin

Please
or

BIWI · 05/06/2017 08:59

@AdalindSchade

Well, firstly what you're experiencing is the result of cheating! And second, I've posted this on the week 3 chat thread as well, weeks 3 & 4 are infamous for weight loss slowing/stopping. It's all part and parcel of adapting to fat-burning from carb-burning.

Get back on the wagon, make sure you're really following the rules, and it will be fine - honest!

OP posts:
Please
or

YoLoZammo · 05/06/2017 09:04

I've put my weight in. Lost 10lbs in 12 days. Very happy with that. Only cheats (that I recall) are 6 raspberries, still having one sweetener in tea/coffee and a bowl of baked beans right at the start, which is really my ignorance about the rules.

The conversion formula on the spreadsheet needs amending. It calculates from the wrong cell.

Please
or

AdalindSchade · 05/06/2017 09:07

Thanks BIWI!
Is it still from cheating even a week later? Shock really shows that you can't get away with cheating!
Ok I'll keep on and listen to your wisdom

Please
or

YoLoZammo · 05/06/2017 09:08

Yes Adalind don't lose hope. This is a life change not a diet. You need to be in it for the long game. Just make good food choices each time you eat, it's not all or nothing, I.e. throw in the towel at the first hurdle. Get back on the horse!! If I can do it, so can you. And I have no willpower and an incredibly sweet tooth. You will see more losses in the coming weeks if you just stick with it. Grin

Please
or

YoLoZammo · 05/06/2017 09:09

Cross posted!

Please
or

AdalindSchade · 05/06/2017 09:10

Thank you!!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?