Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Day 2 Lateral flow

125 replies

TreaslakeandBack · 22/10/2021 01:26

List has been released- who to book with? Anyone used testing for all?

www.find-travel-test-provider.service.gov.uk/providers#list-of-test-providers

OP posts:
Please
or

Junibug · 22/10/2021 06:22

Following! I've been in a few of the company websites but they don't seem to have released the sale of lateral flow tests yet it seems... hopefully later today?

Please
or

EasterIssland · 22/10/2021 06:30

I need this as flying back on Sunday
So far only one of the providers has got the system I. Place available.
Most of them say come back on the 22nd HELLO it’s 22nd! Or only talk about pcrs. I need to book mine today as flying out of the uk today

Please
or

EasterIssland · 22/10/2021 06:31

This is the one I’ve seen they’ve it in place to purchase for £19
www.testingforall.org/travel/

Please
or

whensmynexthol1day · 22/10/2021 06:32

Chronomics are available now at £23.50.
I presume they're on the list but haven't checked!
I was holding out for randox as they are £21 (such a cheapskate!) but will just book chronomics I think if randox isn't available by end of today

Please
or

EasterIssland · 22/10/2021 06:34

@whensmynexthol1day is in the list. Just seen them. Still few £ more than the one I’ve mentioned

Randox is as well there but I can’t find them in their website.

Please
or

EasterIssland · 22/10/2021 06:36

They seem to have good reviews as well

Day 2 Lateral flow
Please
or

whensmynexthol1day · 22/10/2021 06:38

Thanks @EasterIssland I'm going to go with your one!

Please
or

EasterIssland · 22/10/2021 06:40

To be honest I was expecting more providers ! I used qured (£35) and c19(£29) in tbe past to travel back to tbe uk and I was expecting to see them but only 22 providers !

But I know I had seen t4all before in one of these threads and they’ve been good

Have a good trip everyone !

Please
or

smogsville · 22/10/2021 07:44

Hello, thanks for starting this thread OP, can anyone else get on the testing for all order thingy? Am
getting bad gateway when I try to update my basket... or any other reasonable providers please!

Please
or

EasterIssland · 22/10/2021 07:54

@smogsville I'm getting the same atm

Please
or

EileenGC · 22/10/2021 07:54

I’m glad there are only 22 providers for now! Although I doubt a few more won’t pop up in the next weeks.

The first time I scrolled through the PCR approved providers, back in summer, was such a nightmare - 400+ companies (half of which didn’t exist or displayed different prices once on their website).

This will save people time and hopefully some money. Where I live we only had 2-3 authorised providers when travelling back last winter, and as a result prices stayed the same as there was no major competition. It also saved us some headaches trying to decide who to go with.

I hope the UK list doesn’t grow anytime soon.

Please
or

EasterIssland · 22/10/2021 07:58

I think it's currently the only one getting so their server has done kaput.. for those of us that travel this Sunday it's not giving us much time to get them

Please
or

EasterIssland · 22/10/2021 08:02

@EileenGC

I’m glad there are only 22 providers for now! Although I doubt a few more won’t pop up in the next weeks.

The first time I scrolled through the PCR approved providers, back in summer, was such a nightmare - 400+ companies (half of which didn’t exist or displayed different prices once on their website).

This will save people time and hopefully some money. Where I live we only had 2-3 authorised providers when travelling back last winter, and as a result prices stayed the same as there was no major competition. It also saved us some headaches trying to decide who to go with.

I hope the UK list doesn’t grow anytime soon.

@EileenGC I'm surprised some of them aren't in the list as they've been good during the pandemic.

And annoyed that I can only find 2 providers that are ready in their websites for this. Randox is 30+ despite the gov saying it's 23.
Please
or

mommydragonn · 22/10/2021 08:08

If you are a family of 4, do you need to make 4 separate purchases to get the codes for the PLFs? I am asking about testingforall.

Please
or

EasterIssland · 22/10/2021 08:10

@mommydragonn

If you are a family of 4, do you need to make 4 separate purchases to get the codes for the PLFs? I am asking about testingforall.

we're 2 and im going to do 2 different orders just in case
Please
or

EasterIssland · 22/10/2021 08:40

I saw people source had them available and now it says back soon...

hate this system!

Please
or

EasterIssland · 22/10/2021 08:40

projectscreen sorry

Please
or

mommydragonn · 22/10/2021 08:43

Says test will be shipped out on day of arrival. I hope I get the codes during the purchase. The website is very slow.

Please
or

EasterIssland · 22/10/2021 08:57

All websites are damm slow. Trying to past for one and it’s failing in payment

Please
or

EasterIssland · 22/10/2021 09:10

finally, just managed to buy some with randox £24 each

I've tried covidsmart but it was giving me error when paying

Please
or

mommydragonn · 22/10/2021 09:43

Yes Randox worked. But I wasn't able to buy LTF D2 tests for the children. No option to enter DOB after 2005. As far as I know, children over the age of 6 still need their test. We will probably cover one child each under an adult PLF.

Please
or

smogsville · 22/10/2021 10:01

@EasterIssland we're in Paris now arrived yesterday leave to come back to UK on Sunday.

Just been out for the morning, tried again and no cigar on the testing for all website.

At this rate I'm thinking we'll just make up a code so we can fill in our passenger locator form and wing it. I'm not spending the next two days in Paris messing about on my phone!

Please
or

EasterIssland · 22/10/2021 10:02

[quote smogsville]@EasterIssland we're in Paris now arrived yesterday leave to come back to UK on Sunday.

Just been out for the morning, tried again and no cigar on the testing for all website.

At this rate I'm thinking we'll just make up a code so we can fill in our passenger locator form and wing it. I'm not spending the next two days in Paris messing about on my phone![/quote]
@smogsville have you tried randox? it worked for 1/2h ago

Please
or

mommydragonn · 22/10/2021 10:08

Randox has worked... managed to book 2 for click and collect at GBP 20 each and then out of stock. Apparently the DOB requested is for billing details, so suppose you order for kids same way. Code for PLF you get via email.

Please
or

mommydragonn · 22/10/2021 10:10

But tests are still available for delivery at GBP 24 each.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?