Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

MNHQ have commented on this thread

What does everyone think about the banning of the unvaxxed in Germany?

Katieandthekids · 02/12/2021 21:33

I'm just interested in opinions. I personally believe that no one should ever force anyone to put something in their body.

Just as a side: I had both vaccines during my pregnancy and still not 100% sure I've done the right thing but in balance and after lots of my research believe 99% that it is fine. Totally respect the reasons people are nervous about it though.

OP's posts:
Please
or

XenoBitch · 02/12/2021 23:03

@Jellykat

On the flip side, if the argument for mandatory vaccines come to fruition, because we are protecting NHS services.. how many workers will leave those NHS and Care services i wonder?
I know 3 for starters..

I know the care sector lost loads of staff. Have there been any news stories about this? Am genuinely curious.
Please
or

MynameisWa · 02/12/2021 23:05

@Wankerchief why wouldn’t I immediately think that? I mean everyone is. Sorry you’re so disgusted. I don’t like your name. I think that’s disgusting.

Please
or

Neron · 02/12/2021 23:06

BECAUSE THE HOSPITALS CANT COPE
Who's fault is that? Government are happy because people have even blaming the 'unvaxxed' for this year - but all the years before that?

I'm in the middle of 3 hospitals, every year they are on black alert. The biggest hospital of the 3 had just 10 ICU beds. Why weren't people giving a shit before now?

Please
or

supermoonrising · 02/12/2021 23:06

@userperuser
therefore, the drink driver has options
As does someone who chooses not to get vaccinated. Dont get me wrong, Im totally against criminalising/mandating vaccination. But if its scientifically proven that the choice/behaviour of Group X is bringing a serious increased health risk/danger to the majority of people - either directly or due to them pushing hospitals beyond capacity to cope - why is it unreasonable to set limits on Group X behaviour?

You can talk about "dangerous ideology" all day long, but that doesnt solve the problem of lack of hospital beds.

Please
or

supermoonrising · 02/12/2021 23:08

@Neron
Blaming the electorate and political parties for being stupid/complacent might be a fact. But it isn't a solution.

Please
or

userperuser · 02/12/2021 23:10

Lostinacloud

Last summer when there were only a handful in hospitals across our trust my DD 24 waited 13 hours for an ambulance to arrive to asses her for chest pain, it’s bonkers that people think covid is solely to blame for the woes of the NHS and as pp have pointed out, if staff are lost to mandatory vaccination then I don’t know who they think will magically appear to provide their treatment.

Please
or

Postdatedpandemic · 02/12/2021 23:10

Please
or

supermoonrising · 02/12/2021 23:10

@Lostinacloud
I agree, the case/evidence for children under, say, 15, having the vaccine seems weak to me all told. However, for adults the evidence is extremely strong.

Please
or

BlueskiesAbove · 02/12/2021 23:10

Drawing parallels between wearing seatbelts/ not drink driving and getting vaccinated is ridiculous. No one has ever suffered adverse side effects/ small risk of death from wearing a seat belt or remaining sober now have they.

The problem many have with the vaccine mandate is there is no end in sight so statistically a tiny risk is taken with each individual vaccine changing the risk percentage of side effects when comparing multiple jabs with covid which for the vast majority is very mild. Who wants that for the forseeable future to exist in society taking a procession of jabs? Not me anyway

Please
or

supermoonrising · 02/12/2021 23:12

@userperuser
it’s bonkers that people think covid is solely to blame for the woes of the NHS
I suspect very, very few people think this.

Please
or

MrsPsmalls · 02/12/2021 23:12

@Lorriestakingppe

ITS NOT ABOUT PROTECTING OTHER PEOPLE, ITS ABOUT KEEPING THE UNVACCINATED OUT OF HOSPITAL BECAUSE THE HOSPITALS CANT COPE.

Fuck me it’s not difficult, and they wonder why anti vaxxers are called thick.

This 100 times over....^^^

Again this!
These people have proved they cant make sensible decisions for themselves, so an adult has had to step in and do it for them. Just like society does for all people who keep making stupid decisions and put society at risk. (Won't wear your glasses? Don't drive. Won't take your HIV meds? Don't have unprotected sex with randoms)
I don't want to give birth in the back of an ambulance or have my dad die of a heart attack on a trolley because anti vax twerps have filled the building to the rafters.
Please
or

Jellykat · 02/12/2021 23:12

I've not heard anything recently XenoBitch, its gone very quiet in the media regarding it .. all i know is the 2 care workers and midwife i know will leave their professions if the mandatory vaccinations come into force next year, and they're not alone...

Please
or

userperuser · 02/12/2021 23:13

[quote supermoonrising]@userperuser
therefore, the drink driver has options
As does someone who chooses not to get vaccinated. Dont get me wrong, Im totally against criminalising/mandating vaccination. But if its scientifically proven that the choice/behaviour of Group X is bringing a serious increased health risk/danger to the majority of people - either directly or due to them pushing hospitals beyond capacity to cope - why is it unreasonable to set limits on Group X behaviour?

You can talk about "dangerous ideology" all day long, but that doesnt solve the problem of lack of hospital beds.[/quote]
What are the options for the unvaccinated? Get vaccinated or stay locked up?

The drink driver can walk, get a lift, a cab, the bus and still achieve the same goal.

The NHS has had a critical shortage of beds long before covid.

Please
or

XenoBitch · 02/12/2021 23:15

@Jellykat

I've not heard anything recently XenoBitch, its gone very quiet in the media regarding it .. all i know is the 2 care workers and midwife i know will leave their professions if the mandatory vaccinations come into force next year, and they're not alone...

That is sad. A big shame to lose them. I hope they find some gainful employment elsewhere.
Please
or

Neron · 02/12/2021 23:15

@supermoonrising it goes beyond complacency don't you think? Clearly the money could have been available, should the government have wanted to spend it.
In addition, people could choose to take more responsibility for their own health, but haven't bothered.

I don't recall people being so concerned about 'protecting the nhs' until now.

Please
or

supermoonrising · 02/12/2021 23:17

@BlueskiesAbove
The analogy with drink driving isnt ridiculous at all. Not getting vaccinated is a personal choice. Drinking is a personal choice. All good.
But people getting in a car while drunk has a detrimental effect on the safety and well-being of others compared to either those drunk people A) driving sober or B)drinking, but staying at home/using public transport.

Similarly, millions of unvaccinated going into restaurants, hotels,busy public places at the height of winter has a detrimental effect on the safety and well-being of others, compared to either A) them getting the vaccine or B) them not getting the vaccine, but staying out of crowded areas.

The analogy stands up well enough.

Please
or

Toomanyscentedcandles · 02/12/2021 23:18

Absolutely horrifying. I can’t believe what has happened in such a short period of time to people’s civil liberties.

Please
or

Toomanyscentedcandles · 02/12/2021 23:18

If people are vaccinated they do not need to fear the unvaccinated! They have immunity!!!!

Please
or

Lostgirl78 · 02/12/2021 23:18

We've had vaccine passes since August in France. You have to be vaccinated, recovered or tested (at a chemist where you pay 20 odd quid a pop) to get into restaurants, public spaces, concerts, theme parks etc. And we all have to wear masks. Even 6 year old kids in school. No exceptions. I'm not sure if you can be exempt. There was none of that lanyard business here. You have to disinfect your hands going into a shop or... well, anywhere. It"s not idéal, but we're never going to get out of this if we don't play ball.

Please
or

SlimAspect · 02/12/2021 23:18

Ultimately, having any vaccine is a medical procedure, and is and should be a choice every single person person should be entitled to their choice.

No, nobody is forcing the people that don’t want to to get the vaccine but they are segregating them. Therefore shunning them away or pressuring them into a medical procedure they don’t particularly want. Which is not ok.

I am fully vaccinated and I believe the vaccines work and I do think you should b vaccinated but if you don’t want to that is your CHOICE and your RIGHT.

I am sick to death of people, especially on here claiming that anyone who doesn’t agree with taking away human rights “anti vaxxers”, “conspiracy theorists”, “stupid”.

You’re not any of things for thinking that humans are entitled to choice.

Please
or

SlimAspect · 02/12/2021 23:19

@Toomanyscentedcandles

If people are vaccinated they do not need to fear the unvaccinated! They have immunity!!!!

THIS!!!!!
Please
or

Toomanyscentedcandles · 02/12/2021 23:19

@SlimAspect

Ultimately, having any vaccine is a medical procedure, and is and should be a choice every single person person should be entitled to their choice.

No, nobody is forcing the people that don’t want to to get the vaccine but they are segregating them. Therefore shunning them away or pressuring them into a medical procedure they don’t particularly want. Which is not ok.

I am fully vaccinated and I believe the vaccines work and I do think you should b vaccinated but if you don’t want to that is your CHOICE and your RIGHT.

I am sick to death of people, especially on here claiming that anyone who doesn’t agree with taking away human rights “anti vaxxers”, “conspiracy theorists”, “stupid”.

You’re not any of things for thinking that humans are entitled to choice.

Thank God for some common sense.
Please
or

XenoBitch · 02/12/2021 23:20

@Toomanyscentedcandles

Clearly fear the vaccine does not work then.. so why the pressure for others to get it, if it does not work?
Please
or

userperuser · 02/12/2021 23:20

Maybe they should ban drinking as it does affect the immune system.

Please
or

XenoBitch · 02/12/2021 23:21

@userperuser

Maybe they should ban drinking as it does affect the immune system.

I believe being pregnant does the same.
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.