Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

MNHQ have commented on this thread

What does everyone think about the banning of the unvaxxed in Germany?

Katieandthekids · 02/12/2021 21:33

I'm just interested in opinions. I personally believe that no one should ever force anyone to put something in their body.

Just as a side: I had both vaccines during my pregnancy and still not 100% sure I've done the right thing but in balance and after lots of my research believe 99% that it is fine. Totally respect the reasons people are nervous about it though.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Notdoingthis · 02/12/2021 22:05

Abhorrent

Please
or

StrongSunglasses · 02/12/2021 22:07

Disgusting and horrifying. No one sane thinks this is appropriate or proportional.

Please
or

Katieandthekids · 02/12/2021 22:07

@DismantledKing

Hooray! Yet another thread on this.

Sorry I couldn't find one if I could I wouldn't have asked... you could just... not comment? Or maybe point me towards these threads? Wink
OP's posts:
Please
or

Lostinacloud · 02/12/2021 22:08

@Aposterhasnoname, ah yes, my two favourite accusations in one handy post. Thick because I read further into the data than what is presented to me on the tv and an anti vaxxer because I don’t agree with the narrative. Why don’t you come back and reply to me when you age something more interesting and worthwhile to say?

Please
or

XenoBitch · 02/12/2021 22:09

I think it is terrifying. I hate to say it, but I am glad we left the EU if this is how things are going.
It is very easy to say you are ok with such measures if you happily go the vaccines. Many people who have not got it yet are not the anti-vaxx types that the media will have you believe. They are people who have had a bad reaction to the first jabs, people with health anxiety, people scared of side effects, those with needle/medical phobias.... being unvaccinated does not mean you are thick or are someone who is protesting out side schools.

Please
or

MynameisWa · 02/12/2021 22:09

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Please
or

gogohm · 02/12/2021 22:10

Seems fair enough to me. I know a couple of German antivaxxers, there's large numbers in certain areas, deeply into conspiracy theories.

Please
or

Platax · 02/12/2021 22:11

@Lostinacloud

In addition, the vaccinated don’t need protecting from the unvaccinated, yet another reason this sort of thing is ludicrous and wholly wrong.

But their health service presumably needs respite from the unvaccinated. Apparently the unvaccinated make up around 75% of ICU occupants.
Please
or

Jellykat · 02/12/2021 22:12

Agree 100% XenoBitch!

Please
or

Postdatedpandemic · 02/12/2021 22:12

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/coronavirus/4416619-Germany-bans-unvaccinated-from-shops-and-pubs

The unvaccinated can still go to work, even in a pub and go to the supermarket and other things, they have not been sent home and locked up. If you have proof of a covid infection you can still do everything.

Quite boringly they are trying to save lives. Every infectious covid patient in ICU means about 6 ICU beds not available for birth complications, cancer patients, heart ops and all that other stuff

Please
or

Platax · 02/12/2021 22:13

Am I right in thinking those who have already had Covid in Germany are OK?

Please
or

tilder · 02/12/2021 22:13

Out of curiosity. Those who think it's abhorrent etc. What will you think when the hospitals can no longer cope and limit those accepted for treatment?

Because if hospital capacity is exceeded that will happen.

Desperate times = desperate measures.

Please
or

Battenburg77 · 02/12/2021 22:13

I think it's going to be completely ineffective at reducing transmission. I think the scenes in Austria of police officers hunting for unvaccinated people in shops and on the street are disgusting. Who wants to live like that, vaxxed or not? And for such a marginal to non existent impact on the trajectory of the pandemic.

I think we will see a full lockdown in Germany very soon, the same as what happened in Austria, because this is a hopeless measure, probably more of a psy-op than anything.

Please
or

Bwix · 02/12/2021 22:14

I think it’s reasonable. We don’t simply have rights: we also have responsibilities. It’s tragic that people are dying of preventable illnesses as hospitals are full of unvaccinated patients who would likely not have needed treatment if they had taken the vaccine.

Please
or

ollyollyoxenfree · 02/12/2021 22:14

@Platax

Am I right in thinking those who have already had Covid in Germany are OK?

Yes - exemptions for those vaccinated and those who have had coronavirus in the last 6 months
Please
or

Wankerchief · 02/12/2021 22:14

@MynameisWa

Men in uniform checking people’s paperwork. Terrifying. Especially in Germany.

Sorry are you really suggesting this is akin to the Nazi germany?

Really?

Disgusting
Please
or

ollyollyoxenfree · 02/12/2021 22:15

Wouldn't be a vaccine policy thread without the offensive references @Wankerchief

Please
or

SaltedCaramelHC · 02/12/2021 22:15

[quote Lostinacloud]@Aposterhasnoname, ah yes, my two favourite accusations in one handy post. Thick because I read further into the data than what is presented to me on the tv and an anti vaxxer because I don’t agree with the narrative. Why don’t you come back and reply to me when you age something more interesting and worthwhile to say?[/quote]
How did you read further into the data?
I always wonder how people who do their own research into things like vaccines actually do it, when they are not experts in the field or have the same level of resources or information available to do it.

Please
or

Battenburg77 · 02/12/2021 22:16

@tilder

Out of curiosity. Those who think it's abhorrent etc. What will you think when the hospitals can no longer cope and limit those accepted for treatment?

Because if hospital capacity is exceeded that will happen.

Desperate times = desperate measures.

I don't think it will make much of a difference - the UK gov produced a report on the expected impact of vaccine passports on transmission - it was only about 2-5%

People will still interact, just not in public venues. And of course a lot of the elderly who account for most severe cases wouldn't have exactly been out galavanting in the first place.
Please
or

userperuser · 02/12/2021 22:16

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Please
or

ollyollyoxenfree · 02/12/2021 22:18

It’s only offensive when it touches a nerve.

Well yes, it "touches the nerve" as you put it, of the Jewish community, who have repeatedly explained how offensive and upsetting these comparisons are, it completely belittles their suffering.

Please
or

dohrgitdb · 02/12/2021 22:18

frightening…

I’m guessing the alternative is that NO-ONE goes out? Ie a lockdown.

If they’re already social distancing, wearing
masks, WFH, what else can they do to support the healthcare system?

Please
or

Lostinacloud · 02/12/2021 22:19

I will think something very strange is going on @tilder. It wasn’t that long ago that we went through a winter season where barely anyone was vaccinated and yet the hospitals did manage to cope. Over 75% of all eligible people are now vaccinated and suddenly the hospitals won’t be able to cope with the last few unvaccinated? That’s not including some of the unvaccinated who are young healthy adults or teens or those who’ve now had covid and have natural immunity.

Additionally I will be angry that the government appears to have found a money tree for years of expensive vaccines for all but isn’t spending any of it on the NHS.

Please
or

userperuser · 02/12/2021 22:19

ollyollyoxenfree

Period prior to that.

Please
or

Yika · 02/12/2021 22:19

I think it’s fine, mandatory vaccination isn’t a new thing, it’s a public health measure not some dystopian totalitarian nightmare.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.