My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Can this c u next Tuesday of a government please stop fucking our economy?!

184 replies

Liztrussisuseless · 13/10/2022 14:32

Just that really. Everything bloody crashing including my pension. Please can someone make them see sense?!

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

225 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
14%
You are NOT being unreasonable
86%
vera99 · 14/10/2022 11:56

Arron Banks
4h
I’ve voted conservative all my life, even for David Cameron & Theresa May, god rest my soul! But 12 years & 2 £trillion of debt later, no borders, and the worse managed country ever. They need to be wiped out like the Liberals & a new party rise.

the80sweregreat · 14/10/2022 11:58

It feels as if he might be off , but who knows?

newnamethanks · 14/10/2022 11:58

Ooh that was quick, just popped out to empty the dog and returned to a passing moment of schadenfreude.. I don't expect it to last. What further thrills await us today? Will they bin Liz too? Let me be very clear: it won't be soon enough for me.

vera99 · 14/10/2022 12:00

As a Labour voter, my only worry is that Truss is setting the bar so low, that whoever inevitably follows - Sunak, Mordaunt, whoever - only needs to avoid setting fire to the scenery to look relatively competent.

Politics latest: Liz Truss set to sack Kwasi Kwarteng
Updated 8 minutes ago
U-turn on corporation tax expected today
Geraldine Scott
Friday October 14 2022, 11.30am, The Times
Key moments
Liz Truss set to sack chancellor with U-turn expected on corporation tax
Tory grandees said to be in talks to replace Truss with ‘unity candidate’
Nadine Dorries accuses Sunak supporters of plot to overturn democracy
Liz Truss is poised to sack her chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng and announce plans to raise corporation tax as she abandons key parts of her mini-budget in a bid to reassure the markets.
The chancellor is due to meet the prime minister shortly, with discussions under way in No 10 and No 11 before a public statement by the prime minister.
The government has been left with little choice but to abandon its plans after the markets priced in a reversal of its position, with sterling responding positively to a series of leaks.
Kwarteng flew back early from Washington overnight. The government is expected to announce plans to increase corporation tax later this afternoon, with the prime minister potentially making a public statement.
One government source said that corporation tax was likely to rise but said it could still be less than the 25 per cent that was planned by the previous government. Other measures in the mini-budget could soon be reversed.
The government is acting to restore market confidence after Kwarteng used his mini-budget to announce £45 billion worth of unfunded tax cuts.

MyNameIsAngelicaSchuyler · 14/10/2022 12:03

I’m finally enjoying Tory politics. This is better than a soap opera. Implosion!!!!

DismantledKing · 14/10/2022 12:05

vera99 · 14/10/2022 11:56

Arron Banks
4h
I’ve voted conservative all my life, even for David Cameron & Theresa May, god rest my soul! But 12 years & 2 £trillion of debt later, no borders, and the worse managed country ever. They need to be wiped out like the Liberals & a new party rise.

He’s a cheeky hypocritical bastard. If anyone is responsible for the current clusterfuck it’s him.

newnamethanks · 14/10/2022 12:26

You're not wrong pp, didn't he have a new party he enthused over? What was it called? Ah, UKIP, party of Brexit. Thanks, Banks, we're all really grateful.

verdantverdure · 14/10/2022 13:18

It's not just the economy is it?

This government is effing up the NHS too.

Over 10% of the population is on a waiting list for treatment, likely in pain or in a deteriorating condition because of how long they have had to wait.

That's not the fault of Kwarteng and Truss is it? It's the fault of the party that's been in charge of the NHS for the last 12 years.

StarfishBrain · 14/10/2022 15:44

BirmaBrite · 13/10/2022 21:56

No doubt you were surprised when the Conservatives won the general election in 2019.

I think you would be hard pushed to describe this particular incarnation of a Government as Conservatives !

Their name has become quite comical hasn't it? What are they conserving? And unionists? 🤣 Then there's the logo. It needs updating with a chainsaw hacking the tree down. Perhaps also a river full of sewage.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.