My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To think Kate/Catherine, Princess of Wales, is one of the luckiest and most admirable women alive?!

438 replies

KohinoorDiamond · 07/10/2022 12:57

She’s a Princess and future Queen Consort. She’s the wife of a Prince and future King. Mother to Princes and a Princess. Mother to a future King and the British royal family’s future bloodline.

She’s very good looking, wealthy, has a good figure and wears lovely clothes. She has mastered the art of ‘do not complain, do not explain’. So, she comes across very well (such as how she handled this yesterday: Princess of Wales challenged during royal visit to Northern Ireland).

Unlike a diamond, I can’t find any flaws in Catherine, Princess of Wales; she comes across as too perfect to fault! She has it all and more.

There’s a lot to admire because she seems to be the luckiest woman alive. What does everyone else think?

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

712 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
79%
You are NOT being unreasonable
21%
waffless · 07/10/2022 13:47

Yes, lucky and I admire how she does and fit into her role perfectly well. I would not be able to do it.

Hopefully she is happy. She looks genuinely happy to do it.

tillytoodles1 · 07/10/2022 13:47

antelopevalley · 07/10/2022 13:41

That is her "job" though.

I know, I just wondered about her being such an icon when all she does is look pretty and smile a lot.

Hintofreality · 07/10/2022 13:47

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

2bazookas · 07/10/2022 13:48

Agreed that Michelle Obama is more inspirational that Kate/Catherine. There’s depth to Michelle Obama.

Who? :-).

Their position is not remotely comparable.

When she married, Michelle had no idea he was a future POTUS . When it happened, she rose to the occasion KNOWING she and her kids would only be in the spotlight for a maximum of 8 years. Not a lifetime sentence.

Kate knew before she married, Will's wife would spend the rest of her life under the spotlight where Diana had paid a terrible price. She knew her decision would affect all her children for ever.
Unlike Diana, she seems tough enough to measure up. She's only 40, and she may face another 60 years of relentless performance.

KohinoorDiamond · 07/10/2022 13:48

Grandeur · 07/10/2022 13:43

Don't you hate the monarchy? What's with all these goady threads?

I have mixed feelings about the monarchy as an institution. Mixed because I know the history.

But that doesn’t mean I can’t look at the current Princess of Wales and think, actually she much be one of the luckiest women alive and I admire how she manages to come across so well.

OP posts:
KohinoorDiamond · 07/10/2022 13:49

*Must

OP posts:
Epicstorm · 07/10/2022 13:49

I think she’s great at the job which I’m sure is harder than it looks. She’s lucky to have had a privileged upbringing. Whether she’s lucky to be a member of the Royal family is debatable. She’s never put a foot wrong and without question the Royals are very lucky to have her.

Thedogscollar · 07/10/2022 13:50

She’s a Princess and future Queen Consort. She’s the wife of a Prince and future King. Mother to Princes and a Princess. Mother to a future King and the British royal family’s future bloodline.

She’s very good looking, wealthy, has a good figure and wears lovely clothes. She has mastered the art of ‘do not complain, do not explain’. So, she comes across very well (such as how she handled this yesterday: Princess of Wales challenged during royal visit to Northern Ireland).

Unlike a diamond, I can’t find any flaws in Catherine, Princess of Wales; she comes across as too perfect to fault! She has it all and more.

There’s a lot to admire because she seems to be the luckiest woman alive. What does everyone else think?

@KohinoorDiamond I can't quite fathom how anyone of sound mind would think like this.

MarshaBradyo · 07/10/2022 13:51

Bit much, too gushing

She’s ok but it’s not like anyone knows more than photos ops

Changechangychange · 07/10/2022 13:52

Oh I quite agree OP. She is better than Mother Theresa, Martin Luther King and Stephen Hawkins rolled into one. I am literally struck dumb by her indescribable beauty (I can still type). I am humbled to exist in the same universe as such a divine being.

Alondra · 07/10/2022 13:52

KohinoorDiamond · 07/10/2022 13:40

But what else could she or anyone else do?!

I mean, I do wonder how she feels about these issues that arise. Her role is to keep the peace. And that’s what her response achieved, so it can’t verbally be faulted.

She would have been much more genuine to engage in conversation with people instead of flashing that big fake smile which meant nothing.

We don't even know if Kate feels lucky. She wanted to be the Princess of Wales years ago, but it has probably worn thin by now. The BRF is one hell of a dysfunctional family.

AgentJohnson · 07/10/2022 13:53

I'd agree she was lucky if this were the 16th century, but in the modern age?

This. Op, I think you might need to have a lie down.

Questionaboutjoboffer · 07/10/2022 13:53

Is this a joke?

Hadjab · 07/10/2022 13:54

This is why bottomless brunches should be banned. 90 minutes of unfettered drinking, and people come out with this sort of nonsense

BadgeronaMoped · 07/10/2022 13:54

She is very very good at her royal job. Not envious of her at all though, she actually brings out a bit of Vyvyan (from the Young Ones) in me "so bloody nice!". Sort of unrelatable, like Gwyneth Paltrow.

KimberleyClark · 07/10/2022 13:54

Many unsung women far more admirable than she is.

3peassuit · 07/10/2022 13:55

She fulfills her role well and is richly rewarded for it but it’s not a position I would want my DDs to aspire to.

Swedishmeatball · 07/10/2022 13:56

She does a fraction of the work of, eg Princess Anne, and the few engagements she does do get masses and masses of press coverage. A family member worked with her on a foreign tour and she mucked them around cancelling engagements as she didn't want to be away from Prince George for more than a few hours. Said family member had worked with many other royals including HM the Queen over a number of years and he was appalled at how "work shy" she was. Lovely manners but...not a patch on the other hardworking royals.

PrincessScarlett · 07/10/2022 13:56

I don't dislike her but I don't think she's admirable at all. She has a look about her that she's got so much she could say but has been silenced/trained to tow the line.

IcedPurple · 07/10/2022 13:57

Obvious wind up is obvious.

Changechangychange · 07/10/2022 13:57

BadgeronaMoped · 07/10/2022 13:54

She is very very good at her royal job. Not envious of her at all though, she actually brings out a bit of Vyvyan (from the Young Ones) in me "so bloody nice!". Sort of unrelatable, like Gwyneth Paltrow.

Yep she is a lot like Gwynneth now you mention it!

She also definitely does have flaws - she’s a heavy smoker, for one, and incredibly vacuous for two. Neither of which are crimes but not “perfection” either.

PrincessScarlett · 07/10/2022 13:57

I don't dislike her but I don't think she's admirable at all. She has a look about her that she's got so much she could say but has been silenced/trained to tow the line.

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

LadyKenya · 07/10/2022 13:58

Two have been mentioned already. Jane Elliott, and Jocelyn bell burnell.

LadyKenya · 07/10/2022 13:59

LadyKenya · 07/10/2022 13:58

Two have been mentioned already. Jane Elliott, and Jocelyn bell burnell.

That was in response to @KimberleyClark .

ChocolateCakeYum · 07/10/2022 14:00

Meh she’s kind of like an old piece of cardboard. Something that’s there because you think it might be useful one day but never really is.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.