My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To think Kate/Catherine, Princess of Wales, is one of the luckiest and most admirable women alive?!

438 replies

KohinoorDiamond · 07/10/2022 12:57

She’s a Princess and future Queen Consort. She’s the wife of a Prince and future King. Mother to Princes and a Princess. Mother to a future King and the British royal family’s future bloodline.

She’s very good looking, wealthy, has a good figure and wears lovely clothes. She has mastered the art of ‘do not complain, do not explain’. So, she comes across very well (such as how she handled this yesterday: Princess of Wales challenged during royal visit to Northern Ireland).

Unlike a diamond, I can’t find any flaws in Catherine, Princess of Wales; she comes across as too perfect to fault! She has it all and more.

There’s a lot to admire because she seems to be the luckiest woman alive. What does everyone else think?

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

712 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
79%
You are NOT being unreasonable
21%
ZenNudist · 07/10/2022 13:09

Lucky? yes, admirable? no. She is pretty and married a rich guy who did nothing for his wealth and privilege. They are leeches. Their "service" is not as hard as most people's job.

Grandeur · 07/10/2022 13:09

How did she handle the Ireland thing well? I think she came across as very passive aggressive actually with her big fake smile and head tilt. Cringe.

Jizzle · 07/10/2022 13:10

Can't stand her

MermaidEyes · 07/10/2022 13:10

Well, she has to shag the balding horse teethed William, so she's not that lucky.

PeekabooAtTheZoo · 07/10/2022 13:10

Did you really link a wikipedia page with anchor text to tell us what a princess is?

MightyAtlantic · 07/10/2022 13:11

Testina · 07/10/2022 13:07

Admirable? 😭

Shes not even “very good looking” - and I don’t mean that in a catty way! She’s thin, has well fitting clothes and professionally managed hair. She doesn’t look much better looking than any woman who had lots of money and kept the weight off. That’s not me saying women need to be thin to be “very good looking” btw - just that’s generally where we are as a society.

Put 3st on Kate, a trackie from the market, grey roots cos she can’t afford a dye til next week, and bad teeth cos there were no NHS dentists around… and you wouldn’t see a “natural beauty” shining through.

This! It baffles me when people say she's "stunning". She's a typical well groomed posh woman with nice hair. And I wouldn't call her lucky at all, quite the opposite.

InterestQ · 07/10/2022 13:11

I think some recent additions to the BRF have demonstrated it’s not as easy as Kate makes it look…. If it’s just shutting up and cutting ribbons and shaking hands with people, why can’t other people do it so well!

BonnesVacances · 07/10/2022 13:11

She's doing a good job at what she's meant to be doing. But I'm not sure she's the role model I'd want for my daughter tbh. It's a mix between Stepford Wives and Real Housewives of Cheshire. Which I accept may be the perfect life/role model for some, but not for me.

SleepingStandingUp · 07/10/2022 13:11

That I vomited a little in my own mouth.

She’s a Princess and future Queen Consort. She’s the wife of a Prince and future King aka has no future of her own, its all about serving her man and the common wealth and her first born.

Mother to Princes and a Princess. Mother to a future King and the British royal family’s future bloodline her children will never have the freedom of choice she herself had. They'll have more chpcie potentially than Wills but all the CHOICES she got to make, a lot of them just won't be acceptable. Their whole lives are public, a choice she made but they can't. The bloodline one, unless your an ego maniac, is an odd one and tbh will be watered down pretty quickly.

She’s very good looking, wealthy, has a good figure and wears lovely clothes. she is beautiful but I'd hate the pressure to always have to be that. Imagine if she'd piled on the weight after each kid and was now a (gasp) size 14? The media would have a field day of "from waity Katie to weighty Katie". Every picture examined so people can pull apart your choices, what few you have. Endless cost dressed (yawn). Money that yo u ant just spend how you like. Imagine the headline if she paid for an all Inc for her Mom and sis and her to go somewhere super swanky? Or brought a bugatti car? It's not "real" wealth in that sense.

She has mastered the art of ‘do not complain, do not explain’. which is surely THE most frustrating life??

Unlike a diamond, I can’t find any flaws in Catherine, Princess of Wales; she comes across as too perfect to fault! because you don't know her. She's meant to be on a pedestal. You don't know if she swears at PW and ridicules him over his penis, pinches the children, bitches behind the staffs back, farts and blames KC, forgets her Mom's birthday etc.

She has it all and more. only if all and more Inc no freedom

ChakaKhanfan · 07/10/2022 13:12

Nah not at all.
did you see the clip of her being heckled in Northern Ireland yesterday, haha made me cackle.

Shitfather · 07/10/2022 13:14

Shaking hands with the plebs isn’t admirable. She comes across as nice but deeply dull. A puppet.

FamSender · 07/10/2022 13:14

Hi Carole....welcome to Mumsnet😁

thecatsthecats · 07/10/2022 13:16

Wouldn't it be quite hard to be both lucky and admirable?

Admirable suggests personal achievements, luck suggests a state of natural grace that she did nothing to achieve herself.

AntsGoMarchingOneByOne · 07/10/2022 13:16

Luckiest - yes. Admirable - hmm, not really. I mean, I don't hate her, but I wouldn't call her one of the most admirable in the world.

monkeyupsidedown · 07/10/2022 13:17

I don't know why she is hated so much, she does her role well if you ask me. I do think that Pippa made a better choice: still rich but can live her life as she chooses.

debbrianna · 07/10/2022 13:18

It's lovely Kate has the finner things in life.

CallTheMobWife · 07/10/2022 13:18

thecatsthecats · 07/10/2022 13:16

Wouldn't it be quite hard to be both lucky and admirable?

Admirable suggests personal achievements, luck suggests a state of natural grace that she did nothing to achieve herself.

I don't think she's either, but if you do, there is no reason she can't be both. Lots of people are both

LadyEloise1 · 07/10/2022 13:18

Hoppinggreen · 07/10/2022 13:01

I quite like her but she’s hardly curing cancer is she?

😂

HermioneWeasley · 07/10/2022 13:18

Christ, can Kate’s PR team go one day please without filling the boards with threads on how marvellous she is.

JackieCollinsExistentialQuestionTime · 07/10/2022 13:19

The appetite for subjugation never fails to astonish me.

Carlycat · 07/10/2022 13:20

She's a half starved baby machine. You need a better role model 🙄

robertpaulson · 07/10/2022 13:20

Precipice · 07/10/2022 13:00

Most admirable? A modern woman in the West who didn't even have a proper career?

I'd agree she was lucky if this were the 16th century, but in the modern age?

Why does having a 'proper career' have to be the ultimate achievement according to mumsnet.

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

Georgeskitchen · 07/10/2022 13:21

Catonthedesk · 07/10/2022 12:59

I think she's lovely, wouldn't swap places with her for the world though. You'll get slaughtered in a minute by the anti Royal lot though

Yep, they're off!!! 🤣

LadyEloise1 · 07/10/2022 13:22

Grandeur · 07/10/2022 13:09

How did she handle the Ireland thing well? I think she came across as very passive aggressive actually with her big fake smile and head tilt. Cringe.

What else could she have done in the circumstances?
Had a debate with the woman ?

MrsBennetsPoorNerves · 07/10/2022 13:22

I like her well enough and I think she's pretty good at fulfilling her role effectively.

However, I tend to save my admiration for people who have achieved something really meaningful in their lives, and marrying into a family of inherited privilege doesn't really tick that box for me.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.