My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To think Kate/Catherine, Princess of Wales, is one of the luckiest and most admirable women alive?!

438 replies

KohinoorDiamond · 07/10/2022 12:57

She’s a Princess and future Queen Consort. She’s the wife of a Prince and future King. Mother to Princes and a Princess. Mother to a future King and the British royal family’s future bloodline.

She’s very good looking, wealthy, has a good figure and wears lovely clothes. She has mastered the art of ‘do not complain, do not explain’. So, she comes across very well (such as how she handled this yesterday: Princess of Wales challenged during royal visit to Northern Ireland).

Unlike a diamond, I can’t find any flaws in Catherine, Princess of Wales; she comes across as too perfect to fault! She has it all and more.

There’s a lot to admire because she seems to be the luckiest woman alive. What does everyone else think?

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

712 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
79%
You are NOT being unreasonable
21%
ArcaneWireless · 07/10/2022 14:00

@IcedPurple

Aye.

JenniferBarkley · 07/10/2022 14:00

I've now seen her criticised for wanting to spend too much time with her infant son and also for not knowing how to safely hold a baby (with the inference she clearly had no involvement with her own), both within the last 24 hours on MN.

Who'd be a woman in the public eye.

Ticksallboxes · 07/10/2022 14:00

She's been very lucky that's all.

Zonder · 07/10/2022 14:01

Boomboom22 · 07/10/2022 13:44

I think she looks ill, far too skinny, probably anorexia. I imagine it's quite pressured to look skinny. Def wouldn't say she looks healthy or that being so underweight is a good role model though.

This.

I've always felt sorry for her. She waited and waited for William and finally he married her. Now she has to half starve herself to look like she does when I think she would look better with a bit more weight on, plus it seems like her husband is off shagging someone else.

Not a lot to envy IMHO.

fdkc · 07/10/2022 14:01

MermaidEyes · 07/10/2022 13:10

Well, she has to shag the balding horse teethed William, so she's not that lucky.

This 😂😂

Pottedpalm · 07/10/2022 14:01

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

And you know this for a fact? How?

Museya15 · 07/10/2022 14:02

OP you hear me trolling…

MarieIVanArkleStinks · 07/10/2022 14:02

Kinell. How on EARTH did this end up in 'Trending Topics?'

The thread's an obvious wind up, the woman is completely insipid and a waste of a good education, and I can't imagine anything I'd hate more than her restricted life as a bird in a gilded cage.

Why this crazy, democratically accountable, backdated 'constitution' is even still in operation in 2022 frankly beats me.

QuebecBagnet · 07/10/2022 14:03

I don’t dislike her, she’s good at what she does and I get that her role is to be fairly non descript and not do much. But there’s a lot more women in the world who have done far more stuff which is worthy of admiration. She’s got married to someone rich, wears nice clothes, kept herself slim and shakes hands and makes small talk. It’s hardly world changing for anyone or life goals for others.

JenniferBarkley · 07/10/2022 14:03

MarieIVanArkleStinks · 07/10/2022 14:02

Kinell. How on EARTH did this end up in 'Trending Topics?'

The thread's an obvious wind up, the woman is completely insipid and a waste of a good education, and I can't imagine anything I'd hate more than her restricted life as a bird in a gilded cage.

Why this crazy, democratically accountable, backdated 'constitution' is even still in operation in 2022 frankly beats me.

Well done for avoiding the wind up Wink

kingtamponthefurred · 07/10/2022 14:03

She's an elegant clothes horse, and seems amiable enough, but she doesn't do anything that actually needs doing.

MarieIVanArkleStinks · 07/10/2022 14:03

Pottedpalm · 07/10/2022 14:01

And you know this for a fact? How?

RyanAir told us ...

xogossipgirlxo · 07/10/2022 14:04

Meh. She's pretty lucky, but I wouldn't trade my husband for hers...

Pottedpalm · 07/10/2022 14:04

VampiresWife · 07/10/2022 13:40

This thread is pure gold. Thanks for the laughs, OP.

Personally, I prefer Meghan - she seems intelligent, has a personality, is principled, and how she puts up with all the bullshit that's thrown at her I'll never know - she clearly has real backbone. Also her marriage seems warmer, closer and more affectionate/relaxed than Kate's.

😂

KohinoorDiamond · 07/10/2022 14:05

monkeyupsidedown · 07/10/2022 13:17

I don't know why she is hated so much, she does her role well if you ask me. I do think that Pippa made a better choice: still rich but can live her life as she chooses.

And that’s the thing. Someone had to do her role. She’s the one doing it. And she seems to be doing it well and doing it willingly too (it’s her freedom to do it if that’s what she wants).

I have mixed feelings about the monarchy. But I can admire that she does her job well.

OP posts:
Scottishgirl85 · 07/10/2022 14:05

She is fortunate in many ways and leads a superficially lovely life. But goodness I don't envy her. She can never falter, never look like crap for a day, never take her kids to the park, pop to the shops, and just take a look at Camilla at age 75 starting out as Queen consort. What a life sentence.

MarieIVanArkleStinks · 07/10/2022 14:05

JenniferBarkley · 07/10/2022 14:03

Well done for avoiding the wind up Wink

Who wants to avoid it? It's a laugh a minute.

ArseInTheCoOpWindow · 07/10/2022 14:06

Post references deleted post

Surgarblossom · 07/10/2022 14:06

Notplayingball · 07/10/2022 13:07

Is that you, Catherine?

🤣🤣🤣🤣

ItsRainingPens · 07/10/2022 14:06

I really wouldn't want to be her. Her job is to look good and produce heirs to the throne. She has million little rules to follow and everything she does is heavily scrutinised. I would hate it

MarieIVanArkleStinks · 07/10/2022 14:08

The RyanAir pegging meme had me in convulsions. And before you say 'small things amuse small minds' (touche), just take a look at the size of it!

I'd repost it here, but it's a bit risque and would probably result in a ban 😀

DawkinsOldSpot · 07/10/2022 14:08

Admirable???

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

astoundedgoat · 07/10/2022 14:09

I'm wildly anti royal and have no opinion either way about KM, but I don't understand the "never had a proper job" thing, when like the majority of women she partially stopped working when her children were very young (as the smallest one still is, I think?), but quite demonstrably has a job - senior member of the royal family - with all the tedious duties it involves. It's probably comparable to shift work in some ways - they seem to have flurries of activity when they're at everything for a few weeks, then a couple of weeks off, then more activity or international travel.

There was a gap of about 4 or 5 years between graduation and getting married when she had a string of weird sort-of-but-not-really jobs, because she was being constantly hounded by the press and in a kind of limbo over William/preparing to join the family, so definitely a weird situation, but it feels like people still moan about it 10 years later.

For some reason, people in this country want a king and queen and think it's a very important role. You can't say that and at the same time say that the woman who is the next queen doesn't have a real job.

CatchYouOnTheFlippetyFlop · 07/10/2022 14:10

Go on Twitter and search #princeofpegging

😂😂

Ray92 · 07/10/2022 14:11

TheyreOnlyNoodlesMichael · 07/10/2022 13:03

Admirable?

She's a puppet in posh clothes and I see nothing admirable about being associated with that family.

Yes!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.