My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To think Kate/Catherine, Princess of Wales, is one of the luckiest and most admirable women alive?!

438 replies

KohinoorDiamond · 07/10/2022 12:57

She’s a Princess and future Queen Consort. She’s the wife of a Prince and future King. Mother to Princes and a Princess. Mother to a future King and the British royal family’s future bloodline.

She’s very good looking, wealthy, has a good figure and wears lovely clothes. She has mastered the art of ‘do not complain, do not explain’. So, she comes across very well (such as how she handled this yesterday: Princess of Wales challenged during royal visit to Northern Ireland).

Unlike a diamond, I can’t find any flaws in Catherine, Princess of Wales; she comes across as too perfect to fault! She has it all and more.

There’s a lot to admire because she seems to be the luckiest woman alive. What does everyone else think?

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

712 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
79%
You are NOT being unreasonable
21%
StripeyMow · 10/10/2022 14:30

MarieIVanArkleStinks · 10/10/2022 10:23

Who wouldn’t want to have access to untold wealth and privilege.

I wouldn't, particularly if its cost was my freedom, anonymity, privacy, and the sense of achievement and satisfaction in using my own brains and being rewarded on no other basis than that of my own efforts.

I couldn't bear to live her life. As for being married to him ...

That was my whole point. Whilst yes, she is better off than most will ever be, and most would choose her life over struggling to make ends meet every day, it’s naive to not recognise it comes at a cost. There is a reason Meghan Markle had a breakdown.

Cam22 · 10/10/2022 14:34

She is absolutely lovely in every way.

Cam22 · 10/10/2022 14:37

She is beautiful, has a fantastic figure, has fabulous hair, looks good in everything she wears, is clever, seems nice, is friendly, is a brilliant partner, a super mother, is warm, good with people, kind. And so much more.

speakout · 10/10/2022 15:20

Cam22 · 10/10/2022 14:37

She is beautiful, has a fantastic figure, has fabulous hair, looks good in everything she wears, is clever, seems nice, is friendly, is a brilliant partner, a super mother, is warm, good with people, kind. And so much more.

Probably how we would all look if we had large amounts of money, a nanny, a housekeeper, chef, dietician, stylist, personal trainer, make up artist.

I have no ill will towards her, but she is a fairly ordinary woman with huge privilege.

KimberleyClark · 10/10/2022 15:36

I don’t think she is beautiful. She is very attractive and well groomed but she’s too bland looking to be a beauty.

goodbyestranger · 10/10/2022 20:45

Kate has had lots of work done, so is it fair on those without her money and ability to artificially looks with fillers, veneers etc to call her a beauty? Almost anyone with money and oodles of spare time like Kate can vastly improve on nature. On the other hand nature isn't fair I suppose.

goodbyestranger · 10/10/2022 20:47

That should have read *to artificially alter looks

LikeTearsInRain · 10/10/2022 21:09

I wish I could be her. Or be a close friend and accompany her for afternoon tea or something like that. Maybe hold her hand on a stroll.

MarshaBradyo · 10/10/2022 21:15

I wish I could be her. Or be a close friend and accompany her for afternoon tea or something like that. Maybe hold her hand on a stroll.

😂 Haha

Croque · 12/10/2022 20:28

😂Do you mean like being paired to walk together on a school trip?

LikeTearsInRain · 12/10/2022 20:35

Croque · 12/10/2022 20:28

😂Do you mean like being paired to walk together on a school trip?

That would be nice. A day out with Catherine down a farm or something

LovinglifeAF · 12/10/2022 20:57

She’s lucky in that if she’s got the life she aimed for she got it. She’s certainly done well for someone from her background - parents who’ve done well for themselves, been able to buy a good education for her, slightly above average looks and intelligence. She’s nothing special but she’s become special.

I don’t mind her but it seems a bit of a dull existence and I wouldn’t like the lack of freedom and having to keep my mouth shut. Or having to constantly look well groomed .I suppose that she manages to do those things is admirable in a way

vera99 · 12/10/2022 21:00
Novella4 · 03/12/2022 17:20

I know this is an old thread but I was reading some great posts here and from people we rarely see on these threads

We've all read about his affair(s) and we can see that something isn't right between them but I thought - she's going along with it and all of the lies the royals sell, so, tough .

But I saw a clip of the earthshot pr event and William bats her hand away and it just seemed so unnecessary. They must have some 'arrangement ' to keep the show on the road but Kate has more power than she realises .

Why doesn't Kate just bounce ?
Why allow yourself to be humiliated in this way?
I wondered if she was afraid about access to her children .
They are a cruel lot the royals.

antelopevalley · 03/12/2022 17:28

@Novella4 If she left she would get very restricted access to her children, would be thoroughly attacked by the press and public - the PR machine would make sure of that, and would only get a small financial settlement.

She may be happy with the way things are as well?

Novella4 · 03/12/2022 17:32

MarieIVanArkleStinks · 08/10/2022 16:41

Who cares if Willie has shagged every neighbour within a 25-mile radius. The point of interest is when the mask slips, and the Windsors' devoted and adoring public realize that the real people are not a bit as the media pictures them, or in any way resemble the fantasy their supporters are invested in and for some reason want to believe.

The only possible benefit if Wiliam's cheated would be if Kate went rogue and did as much harm to the corrupt, self-serving institution she married into as her late mother-in-law did. Now that would be a spectacle worth watching. Unfortunately, it's not very likely. She seems nothing if not compliant, and in any event it's not all that unusual for people in those circles to have 'agreements'.

Whatever the individual members of that family do or don't get up to on the sly, questions surrounding the future of the UK constitution have been building for decades before Elizabeth's demise. Once the dust has settled on her reign and Charles III has been ensconced on the throne for a while, it will be interesting to see which direction discussions take. Because one thing's for sure: those questions are not going away.

Great post

TheKeatingFive · 03/12/2022 17:33

I sometimes wonder if she realises the power she has? If that marriage fell apart (publicly) it would be incredibly damaging for the palace.

Coxspurplepippin · 03/12/2022 17:33

They look perfectly happy together, as if they're totally on the same wavelength. How come it's OK to throw shade on the Cambridge marriage but if anyone suggests everything in the Sussex household may not be as rosy as it seems they're accused of wanting to see a family split apart? Kate and William seem like decent people with a solid relationship.

goodbyestranger · 03/12/2022 17:36

Sure, so solid he cheats on her repeatedly.

Coxspurplepippin · 03/12/2022 17:38

goodbyestranger · 03/12/2022 17:36

Sure, so solid he cheats on her repeatedly.

And you know this because.....?

Novella4 · 03/12/2022 17:38

@antelopevalley

I hope she is happy because all that grinning , if you aren't happy, is damaging

goodbyestranger · 03/12/2022 17:53

I know it because their entire social circle knows it. Rose Hanbury is part of that circle.

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

Novella4 · 03/12/2022 17:56

There was a great post a few months ago asking why royalists need to believe in a ridiculous fairytale .

I think it was by mindthegap

Coxspurplepippin · 03/12/2022 17:58

goodbyestranger · 03/12/2022 17:53

I know it because their entire social circle knows it. Rose Hanbury is part of that circle.

Nah, you don't Grin

Notthetoothfairy · 03/12/2022 18:00

Testina · 07/10/2022 13:07

Admirable? 😭

Shes not even “very good looking” - and I don’t mean that in a catty way! She’s thin, has well fitting clothes and professionally managed hair. She doesn’t look much better looking than any woman who had lots of money and kept the weight off. That’s not me saying women need to be thin to be “very good looking” btw - just that’s generally where we are as a society.

Put 3st on Kate, a trackie from the market, grey roots cos she can’t afford a dye til next week, and bad teeth cos there were no NHS dentists around… and you wouldn’t see a “natural beauty” shining through.

100% agree.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.