My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To think Kate/Catherine, Princess of Wales, is one of the luckiest and most admirable women alive?!

438 replies

KohinoorDiamond · 07/10/2022 12:57

She’s a Princess and future Queen Consort. She’s the wife of a Prince and future King. Mother to Princes and a Princess. Mother to a future King and the British royal family’s future bloodline.

She’s very good looking, wealthy, has a good figure and wears lovely clothes. She has mastered the art of ‘do not complain, do not explain’. So, she comes across very well (such as how she handled this yesterday: Princess of Wales challenged during royal visit to Northern Ireland).

Unlike a diamond, I can’t find any flaws in Catherine, Princess of Wales; she comes across as too perfect to fault! She has it all and more.

There’s a lot to admire because she seems to be the luckiest woman alive. What does everyone else think?

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

712 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
79%
You are NOT being unreasonable
21%
Murdoch1949 · 03/12/2022 18:00

Never had a career, just waited around for William to dump her then return years later. Shameful.

Peedoffo · 03/12/2022 18:00

I'm not a Meghan fan either yuck but the DoC has not achieved much in her life apart from marrying well and producing heirs. My DD is the same age as George and I hope to death she would never choose that life. Catherine has been moulded by her parents to marry well she's never had a career, her entire life has been looking thin , marrying well and producing children. Kind of like the 18th century It's very very sad. I wouldn't want that for my DD.

Peedoffo · 03/12/2022 18:05

goodbyestranger · 03/12/2022 17:53

I know it because their entire social circle knows it. Rose Hanbury is part of that circle.

Such bullshit Pippa who Catherine is very close too named her DD rose well after all these rumours. Do you really think her sister would name the baby rose if indeed William had been shagging Rose H? It makes no sense.

Dahlietta · 03/12/2022 18:12

The ‘Pippa’s baby Rose’ thing is odd, but if my sister were famous and everyone thought her husband was shagging someone called Rose, I wouldn’t call my baby Rose whether I believed the rumours or not. So it’s still odd 😂

Legallypinkish · 03/12/2022 18:13

Is this a joke?

She seems very lovely of course but all the rest of it? I can’t take you seriously .

TheKeatingFive · 03/12/2022 18:23

The ‘Pippa’s baby Rose’ thing is odd, but if my sister were famous and everyone thought her husband was shagging someone called Rose, I wouldn’t call my baby Rose whether I believed the rumours or not. So it’s still odd

I agree with this. It doesn't matter if it's true or not, the name is out there. She must have had her own reasons for using it.

Legallypinkish · 03/12/2022 18:33

robertpaulson · 07/10/2022 13:20

Why does having a 'proper career' have to be the ultimate achievement according to mumsnet.

Agree. I’ve never had a “proper career”! It doesn’t make me less of a role model to my daughters 🙄

goodbyestranger · 03/12/2022 20:29

Nah, you don't

Would you like to bet your mortgage, if you have one?

Yup, fairytale is about right.

The Pippa thing is really desperate.

Oh dear.

vera99 · 04/12/2022 03:31

TheKeatingFive · 03/12/2022 17:33

I sometimes wonder if she realises the power she has? If that marriage fell apart (publicly) it would be incredibly damaging for the palace.

Tina Brown has forcefully made the same point the House of Windsor's survival depends on her acquiescence in the modern era. No pressure there then.

MarieIVanArkleStinks · 05/12/2022 22:04

Peedoffo · 03/12/2022 18:05

Such bullshit Pippa who Catherine is very close too named her DD rose well after all these rumours. Do you really think her sister would name the baby rose if indeed William had been shagging Rose H? It makes no sense.

Rose Hanbury's real first name is Sarah.

MarieIVanArkleStinks · 05/12/2022 22:14

vera99 · 04/12/2022 03:31

Tina Brown has forcefully made the same point the House of Windsor's survival depends on her acquiescence in the modern era. No pressure there then.

She has very little power, I suspect, and that's been demonstrated by the Windsors' formidably competent PR. They've succeeded in portraying Diana as an emotionally unstable nutjob, Sarah as a flake and nothing short of a laughing stock, and Meghan as a pathological liar. The public never, absolutely never, believes the word of a slighted woman who married into the family against that of Windsor PR. Using its allies in the media, it will quickly dismantle every thread of credibility she has. And these are not people who are afraid to fight dirty.

I suspect Kate is well aware that they would absolutely do the same to her, and the starry-eyed Windsor-fans would lap up every word. I doubt there are any circumstances under which she'd turn rebel. As to the marriage, no one can really know, but IMO it would be very difficult to sustain a relationship of equals when one party holds the entirety of the power. If they divorced she'd likely never see her kids at Christmas again. And if he ever decided to divorce her, she'd be left in a position of complete powerlessness.

I wouldn't want her life for any amount of money.

LINDAHOAD · 18/12/2023 19:50

that is the trade off - william did not have many girl friends who were prepared to take him on and the lifestyle with it.

lh

LINDAHOAD · 18/12/2023 19:53

yes if course she would name her daughter rose whether or not william was seeing rose which apparently he was. what has that got to do with it.
they obviously both like the name

lh

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.