Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Stupid shit people forgot to mention about parenting

BlahBl4h · 03/08/2022 22:07

Mine at the moment is just how many times you can be expected to watch the same fucking movie over and over and over and over.

I want to peel my eyes off.

Anyone?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Muminabun · 03/08/2022 22:08

DO not go on holiday with a two year old. I repeat, do not go on holiday with a two year old.

Please
or

Shouldershrugger · 03/08/2022 22:11

You will not be able to pee in peace. Or brush your teeth before midday with a newborn.

Please
or

Ontheflipside_ · 03/08/2022 22:12

How as soon as they can move, there.is danger EVERYWHERE

Please
or

CrapBag39 · 03/08/2022 22:12

the incessant ‘can I have, can I do, can you do, can we go, I want this, that, everything, now, not now, but you said I could, mummy, mummy, mummy, he said, she did, that’s my one, I don’t want it, it’s mine. On and on and on and on and on forever and ever and ever infinity. 😑

Please
or

PuttingDownRoots · 03/08/2022 22:12

Having kids is like permanently having a drunk mate... you have to clear up puke in odd places, they do bizarre things and eat strange food combinations.

Please
or

RainyDays22 · 03/08/2022 22:13

That the teenage years start way before 13. Wish someone had told me that one.

Please
or

HappyHappyHermit · 03/08/2022 22:14

Yes, threenagers and fournagers do exist.

Please
or

OnlyFoolsnMothers · 03/08/2022 22:14

You have to think of 3 meals every single day for the fussiest being you could imagine

Please
or

mistermagpie · 03/08/2022 22:14

You will never get to sit down for the duration of a meal again. Fair enough I've got three aged 7 and under, but still - the minute I've sat down from getting one of them a drink, someone else spills something or needs a clean fork or wants ANOTHER BLOODY DRINK.

Please
or

FictionalCharacter · 03/08/2022 22:15

For at least a year, you won’t be able to drink a hot drink while it’s still hot.

People will give you endless stupid unwanted advice. It’s ok to fantasise about murdering them.

When you’ve changed and washed your baby/ toddler, dressed them nicely and are about to go out, that is a signal to them that they need to do a vast, smelly poo.

Please
or

GlmPmum · 03/08/2022 22:15

Toddlers are fucking savages!

Please
or

Penguinfeather781 · 03/08/2022 22:16

Crumbs. Everywhere. All the time. Kids can’t even drink a glass of water without generating crumbs.

Please
or

HunterAngel · 03/08/2022 22:16

That moment when you realise the tune you’re bopping along to in your head is actually the Fireman Sam theme tune. Or worse, Paw Patrol.

Please
or

Bintymcbintface · 03/08/2022 22:16

Put a jug of water/milk/juice on the table?

Please
or

moomoosixtytwo · 03/08/2022 22:16

No meal or snack belongs exclusively to me anymore.

Please
or

mistermagpie · 03/08/2022 22:18

Bintymcbintface · 03/08/2022 22:16

Put a jug of water/milk/juice on the table?

You would think that would solve it wouldn't you? But there are five of us in this house and no two people like to drink the same thing.

Please
or

Tothepoint99 · 03/08/2022 22:19

Penguinfeather781 · 03/08/2022 22:16

Crumbs. Everywhere. All the time. Kids can’t even drink a glass of water without generating crumbs.

🤣 love it!

Please
or

Tothepoint99 · 03/08/2022 22:20

HunterAngel · 03/08/2022 22:16

That moment when you realise the tune you’re bopping along to in your head is actually the Fireman Sam theme tune. Or worse, Paw Patrol.

P... P... P... P... P... Paw Patrol....

Please
or

gluenotsoup · 03/08/2022 22:21

Just how much you waste. Food (“ I don’t like orange carrots… “), money (clothes they won’t wear, activities they don’t like), time (“ I just need to …”) and so on. My life is disappearing in front of my eyes hanging around and facilitating every one else. But I love them endlessly.

Please
or

Joyfuldays · 03/08/2022 22:21

CrapBag39 · 03/08/2022 22:12

the incessant ‘can I have, can I do, can you do, can we go, I want this, that, everything, now, not now, but you said I could, mummy, mummy, mummy, he said, she did, that’s my one, I don’t want it, it’s mine. On and on and on and on and on forever and ever and ever infinity. 😑

THIS still goes on in their TEENS…

Please
or

ZeusandClio · 03/08/2022 22:21

Look at me! Watch! Mummy you're not looking! Look! Watch me! MUMMY LOOK AT ME.

Please
or

bumbledeedum · 03/08/2022 22:21

The amount of shit you need with you, all the time. We'd just gotten down to one bag and reasonably quick exit from the house, then we had another one, then the eldest is potty training so all the spare clothes, youngest is now eating, so all the spare clothes and food. The eldest never stops eating, so all the snacks. I feel like I'm going on a two week holiday every time we leave the house.

Please
or

SheilasLemonade · 03/08/2022 22:22

BlahBl4h · 03/08/2022 22:07

Mine at the moment is just how many times you can be expected to watch the same fucking movie over and over and over and over.

I want to peel my eyes off.

Anyone?

On the movie thing, mine is at an age where he watches something, I end up getting into it then he wants to turn it off five bloody minutes before the end!

Please
or

GuyMontag · 03/08/2022 22:22

You will wonder, for the first time, if it's possible to die from Being Asked Questions.

Then you will wish that it was.

Please
or

Angrymum22 · 03/08/2022 22:22

When parents of older teenage boys moan about food bills and licked their sons to a swarm of locusts don’t ignore them. Start a special savings account to fund the food bill in the future. DS17 eats over 6k of Calories daily. I know this because he is scientifically bulking up, rugby player, does PE Alevel so knows more about nutrition than me.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.