Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

DH dogwalks with another woman

DMOB3 · 23/01/2022 11:29

AIBU to not want my DH to disappear on a sunday moring with a female colleague, who is also married. This happens intermittently. He never says in advance that he's going but always admits where he's been. Plus his phone always tells me where he is. Am I being paranoid? Last week he said he wanted to give me a lie in. Late evening (11.30 pm) she WhatsApp him to thank him for the walk.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Am I being unreasonable?

AIBU

You have one vote. All votes are anonymous.

IDontHaveThePelvisForAFuton · 23/01/2022 11:39

I wouldn't be worried if my dh did this occasionally. They've obviously got work in common. The late night message is a bit odd but not enough for huge concern.

I guess I'd be worried if we had issues in our relationship or he was behaving differently or being secretive with his phone. Is there anything like that, op?

Please
or

KarmaStar · 23/01/2022 11:40

Admits where he's been?
Does he know you don't like it?why don't you trust him?is there history?
Think about why is upsetting you.You can always walk your dog with him?

Please
or

Tal45 · 23/01/2022 11:43

Why don't you ask to go to and meet her. I think it's very sus that he's not telling you ahead of time and making out that he's doing you a favour.

Please
or

Santahasjoinedww · 23/01/2022 11:43

Are you suspecting walk is a euphemism?

Please
or

Bagelsandbrie · 23/01/2022 11:44

I wouldn’t like that. I’d be getting up early and coming along to see how she reacts.

Please
or

HandWash · 23/01/2022 11:46

The cutesy 11.30pm 'Thanks for the walk' would be the part I didn't like.

Please
or

JaniieJones · 23/01/2022 11:46

It's seems weird to me. Yes men can have female friends but you don't go dog walking with them. Even if your dh thinks it's innocent at this stage I'd bet there's some kind of flirting going on.

Suggest you go with them next time, see how that goes down.

Please
or

Toottooot · 23/01/2022 12:01

Do you think he’s shagging her on these walks?

Please
or

Georama · 23/01/2022 12:10

It's seems weird to me. Yes men can have female friends but you don't go dog walking with them.

Why can't people go dog walking with their friends?

Please
or

girlmom21 · 23/01/2022 12:18

What do you mean by his phone tells you where he's been? Do you track him?
Are they actually walking?

Why don't you go with him next time and meet her? If you suggest it, how does he act?

The late night texts are weird.

Please
or

Bagelsandbrie · 23/01/2022 12:20

@HandWash

The cutesy 11.30pm 'Thanks for the walk' would be the part I didn't like.

Yes I agree, she’s trying to encourage him to engage in a conversation with her late at night.
Please
or

gannett · 23/01/2022 12:21

I sent off a round of Whatsapp messages at 11pm last night, hadn't got round to replying for a few days and just wanted to clear the backlog. Didn't know that would be deemed inappropriate by the territorial pissers of MN.

Dog owners go walking with other dog owners literally all the time.

Please
or

Aquamarine1029 · 23/01/2022 12:22

It's a reg flag for me, sorry.

Please
or

girlmom21 · 23/01/2022 12:24

How close does she live? Are the walks planned? I often end up walking my dog with random men who we know in a neighbourly way.

Please
or

Witchcraftandhokum · 23/01/2022 12:26

Any sympathy I would have had vanished with you fact that you can track his phone. There is no way I could be with anyone who thought this was OK.

Please
or

Itsalmostanaccessory · 23/01/2022 12:27

@JaniieJones

It's seems weird to me. Yes men can have female friends but you don't go dog walking with them. Even if your dh thinks it's innocent at this stage I'd bet there's some kind of flirting going on.

Suggest you go with them next time, see how that goes down.

They cant go dog walking with female friends? Jesus.

Seriously? Dog walking? You wouldnt allow your husband to go dog walking with a female friend?

Mumsnet is bloody nuts sometimes.
Please
or

Viviennemary · 23/01/2022 12:28

She is after your DH. Texting married men late at night. Not on. Go out with him next time.

Please
or

Missey85 · 23/01/2022 12:28

Nothing wrong with going for a dog walk what's wrong with that his allowed friends

Please
or

Snuggledupforwinter · 23/01/2022 12:29

I dog walk with a male friend and go for a coffee sometimes - doesn't mean I'm having sex with him!
But if something feels "off" to you get up early and offer to go with him (and make sure he can't warn her). His/her reaction/body language might tell you more than him hiding stuff on his phone?

Please
or

TimeForTeaAndG · 23/01/2022 12:30

So your DH gets up early on a Sunday (assume you are having a live-in?) to walk the dog and has someone who is also up early that he knows from work to accompany him making it less boring.

If you're that bothered, get up on the Sunday and be ready to go with him to see what he says.

Please
or

IDontHaveThePelvisForAFuton · 23/01/2022 12:31

@Witchcraftandhokum

Any sympathy I would have had vanished with you fact that you can track his phone. There is no way I could be with anyone who thought this was OK.

I presume he's aware of this though? We have a family life360 but we are all aware we have it and can switch it off if we want to or just turn off location.
Please
or

TimeForTeaAndG · 23/01/2022 12:32

@Viviennemary

She is after your DH. Texting married men late at night. Not on. Go out with him next time.

Oh get a grip. Some people don't have their phones on them all day and just do all their life admin at a time that suits them.

Is there a cut off time when single people have to no longer text a friend? They really should make that clearer when you buy a phone.
Please
or

girlmom21 · 23/01/2022 12:33

@IDontHaveThePelvisForAFuton but that surely doesn't alert you to someone going out? You must still have to actively check up on someone?

Please
or

britnay · 23/01/2022 12:33

Maybe she feels safer walking with another person?

Please
or

Sundancerintherain · 23/01/2022 12:34

Good god, some of the replies 😯.
Its dog walking, not a romantic night in a hotel.
Absolutely no issue for me .

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.