Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

To be furious and upset with friends- what do we do

0verth1inker · 26/11/2021 12:10

I’ll try and keep this brief.

We (me, DH and DC age 4 and 2.5) were meeting friends (couple with DC age 8 months) at a Christmas light walk through thing around 1 hour 15 from where we live last Sunday eve at 4:30pm.
They booked tickets I transferred money (£62)
We get there at 4:25, message saying we are here will wait in car so we can all go in together as you have tickets
Response 4:35 ‘so sorry running late! We left about 45 mins ago won’t be long’
Rang x 2 eventually answer, asked if they will send us the e tickets so we can get in. ‘No no we are 10 mins away’
DC getting bored, wound up, want to go in. Text them asking to send tickets.
They Arrive 5:15. None of us allowed in as we have missed our slot.
We are raging, kids are crying we all take the bloody long journey home having to get a Maccies to cheer kids up.
We message asking for the money back, they say it’s ‘just one of those things, ridiculous they wouldn’t let us in’

They’re good friends but I am raging. It’s entirely their fault, they are v PFB and he woke up late from his nap then wanted a super long feed which is why they were late. How do I ask again, and firmly? They are unreasonable right??

OP's posts:
Please
or

Am I being unreasonable?

AIBU

You have one vote. All votes are anonymous.

SolasAnla · 26/11/2021 12:25

Sorry but if they were good friends once they knew they were running late they would have taken the time to send you the tickets.

With Covid rules in place for so long who is missing the point that venue's will not make exceptions and risk breaking health and safety rules.

Venues design the tickets to allow people to walk through without feeling like being herded in a crowd. If you want that you could go to any shopping area.

You say
You paid for the tickets, you were there on time, you could have used the tickets.
They decided not to give you the tickets, that was their choice so it's not one of those things.

Please
or

bluebell34567 · 26/11/2021 12:27

@RudestLittleMadam

You’ve every right to ask for your money back as they didn’t send you the bloody tickets when you asked for them. Hope you do get it back and you can take your children in the end. Without your flakey dickhead friends.

agree.
Please
or

Beachbabe1 · 26/11/2021 12:27

I would be livid!! I hate lateness but causing you to miss out is even worse!! I would cut that friendship dead. Sorry, no excuse! Why couldn't she send you your tickets! Rude beyond belief!!!

Please
or

Lavender24 · 26/11/2021 12:27

I'd be LIVID. That's not a small amount of money. Why on earth wouldn't they send you the ticket?? I agree with PP who said you may end up not being friends if you pursue this but do you think you can forgive and forget? especially if it's habitual behaviour as you say they've been flakey since having DC.

Please
or

Foolsrule · 26/11/2021 12:28

Get your money back and then bin them. They’re not good friends at all.

Please
or

purpleme12 · 26/11/2021 12:28

Oh my god this is absolutely awful and shocking!
I would be so so pissed off! £62!!

Please
or

Beachbabe1 · 26/11/2021 12:29

Also, I can't see her giving you the money back. She's not even bothered you missed out!!

Please
or

Tirediam · 26/11/2021 12:29

I was raging reading that. Ask for it back. Their fault entirely

Please
or

Magicalwoodlands · 26/11/2021 12:29

@Santaischeckinglists

Hi friend if you can just transfer me the cash back so I can rebook for me and dh to take our dc next week end.. Thanks.. Op.

Why do people post things like this, as if it’s so straightforward and the OP is just a bit dopey or wimpy?

She says quite clearly she asked both for the tickets to be sent to her and for the money to be sent to her.

OP, that is awful. It’s not as if it’s £10 or something, which wouldn’t be okay but might be worth shrugging off. I’d be so cross.
Please
or

ChristmasScrooge · 26/11/2021 12:29

Get your money back and bin them off. There's no excuse to why they couldn't give you the tickets, that's not being a good friend.

Please
or

CharlotteUnaNatalieThompson · 26/11/2021 12:29

I'd push this as well and if I lost their friendship that's one of those things.

I value my friends more than money, but this couple are so self obsessed if they think this is just one of those things that that's not going to change and if it's not this you'll either fall out or grow apart for another reason. Might as well get your money!

Please
or

Helpstopthepain · 26/11/2021 12:30

It isn’t just one of those things. They are at fault.

Please
or

Shoxfordian · 26/11/2021 12:30

Asking for the money again is probably going to end the friendship but they sound very flaky so does that bother you? Yanbu at all obviously

Please
or

HumphreyCobblers · 26/11/2021 12:31

I could forgive their lateness but not sending the tickets when you asked is outrageous. I would insist on getting my money back from them, even if it was the end of a friendship.

Please
or

Rainbowsew · 26/11/2021 12:31

They should have sent the tickets, they should also send back the money.

I'd be furious too, not so much the waste of money annoying as it is but the lack of compassion to your excited kids and the brushing it off after. Yes they didn't mind not going in but you and your kids did, that's what would do it for me. It's not you who should've worrying about losing the friendship over this it's them, they behaved badly and had a negative impact on your day out and finances!!

If they're this PFB now you can bet your bottom dollar if the situation was reversed they'd be furious their PFB had been disappointed. I wouldn't be arranging another day out with them but certainly not one where you couldn't be in control for your own actions, entrance leaving time etc.

Please
or

imonlyhooman · 26/11/2021 12:32

I would say as you were there and if you'd had the tickets you could have gone in. As they were late and refused to send the tickets you feel they must take the responsibility to reimburse you.

Please
or

StormTreader · 26/11/2021 12:32

Never let them be the ones holding the tickets again, for anything - they've proved you simply can't trust them to hand them over on time.

Please
or

Theplantisgrowing · 26/11/2021 12:32

That's just awful! The money aside, I'd be so sad for my DC, honestly I can't believe they were so flippant!

Please
or

rookiemere · 26/11/2021 12:32

I'd be absolutely livid about this and I wouldn't want to remain friends with people who had so little respect for my time and money.

Please
or

HollyandIvyandAllThingsYule · 26/11/2021 12:32

Omg I can’t actually believe they did that!! I’m afraid I would risk the friendship and stand firm on getting your money back - you asked for the tickets more than once and they refused to send them so no question about it, they owe you the money.

Don’t make plans with them again, it’s not fair on your children.

Please
or

HelplesslyHoping · 26/11/2021 12:34

They can pay for your tickets so you can go another time. Or they can just refund the money, whichever they can manage with their busy schedule :)

Please
or

OnceuponaRainbow18 · 26/11/2021 12:34

Why on earth wouldn’t they send you the ticket to get it? Madness

Please
or

Aquamarine1029 · 26/11/2021 12:34

The friendship is over no matter what the outcome is. Doesn't sound like a big lose, honestly.

Please
or

millenialblush · 26/11/2021 12:35

It's absolutely not 'just one of those things' - it's entirely on them. Why wouldn't they send u the tix?

Please
or

OVienna · 26/11/2021 12:38

@Santaischeckinglists

Hi friend if you can just transfer me the cash back so I can rebook for me and dh to take our dc next week end.. Thanks.. Op.

This
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.