Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Best/worst/untraceable revenge

479 replies

namechangeforwrongdoing · 22/06/2021 21:12

Just tell me the best (worst?) but most untraceable acts of revenge/comeuppance that you've heard....Asking for a friend.....Wink

OP posts:
SDTGisAnEvilWolefGenius · 25/06/2021 18:57

This wasn’t done as revenge - it was a prank played on Dh and I on our wedding day - our best man and some others stuffed lots of confetti into the air vents on the car, so when we got in, the next day, to drive off on our honeymoon, we were sprayed with confetti. We got most of it out - though we needed tweezers for some of it, but even years later, we’d still get the occasional bit of confetti blown at us.

As revenge, I think this would work. I wonder if you could use confetti…..

CoRhona · 25/06/2021 19:34

Dominic Cummings leaking those pictures to The Sun...

ATowelAndAPotato · 25/06/2021 19:35

@SDTGisAnEvilWolefGenius
Confetti or glitter would work... Wink

Teenagehorrorbag · 26/06/2021 00:51

@Penners99

Vile neighbours, planted Japanese Knotweed in their garden the night before we moved out. They didn’t notice for over a year, cost them a fortune to get it removed.

How do you even get hold of Japanese Knotweed....??
sueelleker · 26/06/2021 07:35

@SDTGisAnEvilWolefGenius

This wasn’t done as revenge - it was a prank played on Dh and I on our wedding day - our best man and some others stuffed lots of confetti into the air vents on the car, so when we got in, the next day, to drive off on our honeymoon, we were sprayed with confetti. We got most of it out - though we needed tweezers for some of it, but even years later, we’d still get the occasional bit of confetti blown at us.

As revenge, I think this would work. I wonder if you could use confetti…..

We had something similar-one of my husband's mates worked with printers, in the days when paper came on rolls with holes along the edge to keep it on the roller. He collected loads of the tiny punched out bits, and filled my husband's suitcase with them. I think it was about 10 years before we got the last bits out!
GreyhoundG1rl · 26/06/2021 11:05

Vile neighbours, planted Japanese Knotweed in their garden the night before we moved out. They didn’t notice for over a year, cost them a fortune to get it removed
You actually kept tabs on former neighbours for a year, to check whether your horrible "revenge" was taking effect?
You sound more than a bit vile yourself Confused
Imagine holding that in your head for over a year instead of getting on with your life? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Rosewood017 · 27/06/2021 12:05

@GreyhoundG1rl where does one buy Japanese Knotweed?Grin

Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g · 27/06/2021 13:00

I've got a total sense of humour failure over Japanese Knotweed. It's against the law to plant it in the wild and it needs drastic treatment if found anywhere as it's so invasive, at the expense of native plants. www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?pid=218

AlexCabot · 27/06/2021 13:53

[quote Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g]I've got a total sense of humour failure over Japanese Knotweed. It's against the law to plant it in the wild and it needs drastic treatment if found anywhere as it's so invasive, at the expense of native plants. www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?pid=218[/quote]
It's also illegal to poison food with laxatives or bodily fluids, commit criminal damage or harassment but according to this thread it's all totally justified.

Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g · 27/06/2021 13:56

In the eyes of some, Alex, not mine. I like the genuinely funny ones, not the ones that could make someone ill or involve uncontrolled rage.

AlexCabot · 27/06/2021 13:59

@Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g

In the eyes of some, Alex, not mine. I like the genuinely funny ones, not the ones that could make someone ill or involve uncontrolled rage.

Sorry, I didn't word that very well. Totally not aimed at you!
Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g · 27/06/2021 14:11

No problem!

ohthejoy21 · 27/06/2021 14:37

Guy I met and had a few dates with ended it by putting a pic of 2 chimpanzees as his msn profile pic with the status "didn't know you had twins ohthejoy". My son is mixed race

A gay friend and I promptly made him a very xrated gaydar account including every contact detail I had for him including address. Obviously he didn't know username/password or email address it was set up with so it was up for a long time.... how we laughed!

StillCalmX · 27/06/2021 17:45

The thread about the mum who wanted to confront her daughter's bullies makes me wonder if I should send a book about queen bees and wannabees to my bully's new work place.

Ifixfastjets · 27/06/2021 20:12

I am hijacking some of these ideas.
Every email I send to my boss will now have white writing.
Wonder what to write??
And I am sure I know someone who would appreciate getting all their keys back

StillCalmX · 27/06/2021 22:38

@ohthejoy21 omg what a dickhead, id have held your coat while you laughed

TurquoiseDragon · 28/06/2021 01:41

@Ifixfastjets

I am hijacking some of these ideas.
Every email I send to my boss will now have white writing.
Wonder what to write??
And I am sure I know someone who would appreciate getting all their keys back

I'd think about the things he hates the most. When I did this to my ex, I used the fact that he was racist, sexist/misogynistic and homophobic to trigger ads for gay hookups, for groups promoting anti-racism and for feminist groups. Some keywords were actual URLs. The gay hookups ones in particular caused him to get really pissed off.

I didn't want him to connect the ads with my leaving him, so set it all in motion a couple of months before I left. He never knew it was me, and I secretly enjoyed his venting about the ads. I wouldn't have done anything illegal or harmful.
PerciphonePuma · 28/06/2021 02:51

Back in 2004, my ex had really hurt me and left me for OW. So, I put posters up featuring a topless photo of him (he was very thin & pastey!) allll around his neighbourhood with "WARNING! This man is a womaniser who will hurt you & mess you around etc etc"

One of them I put on the bus shelter opposite the end of his street, knowing he'd drive right past it and being a nosey bugger, that he'd stop to look at this random A4 poster that had appeared - he did!!!!!
I got a phone call from a laughing policewoman who was trying so very hard to tell me off...!! 🤦🏼‍♀️😬😂

Glovesick · 28/06/2021 10:02

Friend packaged up cheating exP's belongings neatly in boxes. She labelled the inside flap noting the contents, took a pic as proof of what had been sent. Then taped up 50+ identical unlabelled (from the outside) boxes. He had to open every single box to find what he was looking for. Made me smile.

I fantasised about swapping all CDs in a 2000+ CD collection before handing to my exH. It would have been a colossal waste of my time doing it, so I never actually went through.

Although I am generally in the "live a good life" camp. I take much more pleasure from polishing my halo than knowing I have inconvenienced someone else.

Anything that harms innocent third parties or damages property/people is just totally unacceptable. Why raise someone's hope they might get £50 for a lost key? You never know, it might just tip them over the edge to find out it's a prank.

41stars · 28/06/2021 13:00

My boyfriend cheated on me so I shagged his best friend and we stayed together for quite a while too but he also turned out to be an arsehole so was glad to be shot of him too.

One of my old pub bosses was a horrible womaniser, he had a girlfriend but cheated on her pretty much every week with a new girl in the pub office. On his last night, he tried it on with of the bar staff who got really upset so as we were leaving, one of my colleagues had to grab his stuff from the kitchen, saw the boss' watch there and microwaved it for a few seconds!

PaulineScrambledPhones · 28/06/2021 13:20

I encountered an amazing one just last week. I work for a nonprofit that sell artisanal food products that can be personalised. They’re very expensive. Last week we had an order come through for two of our large gift boxes (£45 each), personalised with a photo of a middle finger. They were paid for with the apparent cheating husband’s card and being delivered to Mr Name-Cheater and Miss Name-Bitch, along with handwritten cards saying that [wife] knew what had been going on and was starting divorce proceedings. She also added a three figure donation to our social enterprise programme as well!

PaulaTrilloe · 29/06/2021 08:27

Made a donation to a Muslim peace charity justgiving fundraiser using the name of a racist islamophobe commending the charity work. It comes up quite high now in the search listing for his name .

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

Chocolatier9a · 29/06/2021 14:11

@PaulaTrilloe

Made a donation to a Muslim peace charity justgiving fundraiser using the name of a racist islamophobe commending the charity work. It comes up quite high now in the search listing for his name .

This is just beautiful.

I have to take a moment.
Dawninrealisation · 29/06/2021 14:17

This will sound boring but can actually bring fantastic results.
The best revenge is to completely ignore them and focus energies on making your life the best it can be.

StarlingsDarlings · 29/06/2021 15:07

Not really funny either at the time or now, but I had cause to find myself in the bathroom with the toothbrush of someone who had assaulted me and got away with it by avoiding the police. He had no registered address and they couldn’t track him down.

Turns out a toothbrush is quite handy for getting in all the nooks and crannies of the toilet.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.