Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Best/worst/untraceable revenge

479 replies

namechangeforwrongdoing · 22/06/2021 21:12

Just tell me the best (worst?) but most untraceable acts of revenge/comeuppance that you've heard....Asking for a friend.....Wink

OP posts:
StayCalmX · 24/06/2021 07:56

Yes that is "leveller" behavior. I will smear you, i will bring you down. Covert narcissists do this in more subtle machiavellian ways all the time. Have had a few scapegoating covert narcs cast me in the role of the villain.

It is a scary mindset. They never find peace.

KeflavikAirport · 24/06/2021 08:19

Actually it’s been a long time since my ex left and at the time I was dignity personified, I’m in a happy relationship, but a little bit of me wishes I had let him feel my anger more. Just fucked his life up a leeeeeetle bit.

GrandTheftWalrus · 24/06/2021 08:46

My revenge on my exdh is to be happy in a new marriage with 2 wonderful children.

He kept telling me he wanted them then would change his mind when it was coming up to ovulation etc.

I also took the washing basket, salt shaker and duvet when I left Grin

NotPersephone · 24/06/2021 08:47

This reply has been withdrawn

Message from MNHQ: This post has been withdrawn

HyggeTygge · 24/06/2021 08:48

Am I the only one that would feel really weird and uncomfortable with the thought that an annoying colleague had drunk my piss? That's my piss, I don't want it going in someone else's mouth, ew?!

I want to hear more about (legally) filling their lives with little unexplainable annoyances!

MiaMarshmallows · 24/06/2021 08:51

Free adult magazines to his house.
Heavy 'sage' catalogues that you can order for free.
Callback systems are your friend. Stairlift one in particular....
Put fish food in his gin.
Sure there were more, I will come back once I have recalled them.

Bogeyes · 24/06/2021 09:10

I worked in transport and there was a bully who made a big deal about wanting the newest and best vehicle. I had a massive row with him about it. The boss was a coward who gave in to him and told everyone that his vehicle was not to be driven by anyone but the bully. I removed the fuse that powered the radio ...he was without a radio for months.

MrsMackesy · 24/06/2021 09:22

8 pages in?

You do actually know that you can post after reading even only one message? Or start at the end of the thread and work back as far or not as it holds your interest? You do actually know that you don't have to RTFT before you can comment?

Just checking as you took the trouble to quote me.

DifficultPifcultLemonDifficult · 24/06/2021 09:33

I don't know if anyone already posted this, but I heard a great one recently.

You can but 100 random keys on ebay for about a tenner, and 100 keyrings with space to write a phone number for a tenner.

Attach the keyring with the name and number of choice to the keys, then drop them randomly all over the place.

They will get random calls about their missing key for weeks.

Its absolutely genius.

WeBuiltThisBuffetOnSausageRoll · 24/06/2021 09:39

Callback systems are your friend. Stairlift one in particular....

Like with the ordering takeaways/taxis/skips/10 tonnes of gravel to your nemesis' house, that's just really unkind to the salespeople, though. If they're depending on commission to pay their bills, they might really get their hopes up that they'll be able to buy their child's birthday/Christmas present or whatever when they see they have however many interested sales leads in their schedule for this week - only to have them completely dashed when they realise they've been scammed.

It's not even like they're just annoying cold callers if the potential customer (as they've been led to believe) has actually contacted them first. A customer who is considering their options might be winnable with cutting a deal or making an offer, but somebody who 100% doesn't need or want a stairlift is a complete waste of everybody's time.

By all means set up irritating things involving automation and algorithms, but setting up an innocent person to be shouted at and abused for responding to a 'customer's' request is downright nasty and is punishing the completely wrong person. It's the equivalent of smashing number 97's windows to make the man from number 21 regret being rude to you.

WeBuiltThisBuffetOnSausageRoll · 24/06/2021 09:47

You do actually know that you can post after reading even only one message? Or start at the end of the thread and work back as far or not as it holds your interest? You do actually know that you don't have to RTFT before you can comment?

All of that is possible, but it tends to make posting rather pointless, as the thread has often moved on significantly, frequently the OP has given some important updates (such as in the famous 'cancel the cheque') and you will very often end up being the 98th person to repeat exactly the same thing. The ones that get me are those who deem their time too important to read all the messages in what they consider too long a thread but presumably deem other people's time as less important, by making the thread even longer with their own addition.

It's a bit like going to the GP, happening to cough very loudly as you enter the room, and then the GP sending you away with some strong cough medicine, having completely ignored the leg ulcer that you actually spent 10 minutes telling them about.

MrsMackesy · 24/06/2021 09:52

My comment was in reply to a specific poster. You'd have to have RTFT to understand. Wink

Noshowlomo · 24/06/2021 10:09

I love this thread.
I’ve done some things in my time, but this thread is just giving me ideas if I’m honest

WeBuiltThisBuffetOnSausageRoll · 24/06/2021 10:37

My comment was in reply to a specific poster. You'd have to have RTFT to understand. wink

I did RTFT (always do, if I'm considering engaging) and I saw your comment, but your response to the PP seemed to suggest (to me at least) that you hadn't, rather than (as I construed from your original comment) that you'd read the first 8 pages, didn't like the way things were turning and so had decided to leave it there Confused

Very glad to hear that you are a decent RTFT-er, though Smile

bakingbernie · 24/06/2021 11:52

@DifficultPifcultLemonDifficult

I don't know if anyone already posted this, but I heard a great one recently.

You can but 100 random keys on ebay for about a tenner, and 100 keyrings with space to write a phone number for a tenner.

Attach the keyring with the name and number of choice to the keys, then drop them randomly all over the place.

Its absolutely genius.

This is the first act of revenge I am seriously considering!
FlatteredFool · 24/06/2021 12:54

It's very cathartic to imagine carrying out various acts of revenge. I've done it many times in my head but would never in real life because I worry too much about being caught.

Recently my abusive exH was been dumped by his long term partner who was the OW. His life is a sad mess. Mine isn't. Life has taken care of that revenge for me although OW did me a favour.

thestaffy · 24/06/2021 18:08

Friend's pride and joy was his car. One hot summer day went away for dirty weekend with new GF, leaving the car behind. Ex got hold of a key, and poured milk into the aircon unit. I don't know what was worse, the smell, or the bits of congealed milk being randomly fired at you if you turned on the aircon.
Another thing she did, later, was put a small amount of gravel inside the hubcap. Makes a heck of a noise, and you cant drive the car until sorted, as it could be something else far more serious.

WeBuiltThisBuffetOnSausageRoll · 24/06/2021 20:53

Just for research purposes, would you be writing '£50 reward if found' on each of the keyrings as well? Grin

bakingbernie · 24/06/2021 21:01

"Just for research purposes, would you be writing '£50 reward if found' on each of the keyrings as well? "
Even better!

Theunamedcat · 24/06/2021 21:05

@stealingbeauty

I haven’t read through this thread yet, but the best revenge would be to make the new happy couple some nice big bowls of creamy Jerusalem artichoke soup. It doesn’t affect everyone, but I had it once and I farted about three times a second for about four hours. Ever since then I thought it would be great to feed someone as revenge, especially before a date or an interview or an important event.

Lentil crisps that taste quite nice but my son and I had to isolate ourselves the stench was like a solid WALL and the stomach cramps were hideous you were begging to pass wind then regretting it when you did
kizkiz · 24/06/2021 21:58

For anyone who wants some non bodily fluid revenge... Lol.... There are some great sub reddit for revenge
Pro revenge
Nuclear revenge
Malicious compliance

electricdreamssheep · 24/06/2021 22:07

I lived in a converted house of three flats. A lady in one of the flats would anyways go out and get steaming drunk, come in the house front door and kick off her shoes and walk barefoot up to her flat. Wake everyone up
in the process. Right inside the door so you couldn't open the door properly, in the communal hallway. And she'd leave them there for days. Minging plastic New Look pointy toed white heels etc.

Apart from stomping on them every time we went in and out, I got some prawn paste and put a little blob right in the toe point and left them outside her door each time whereupon she would deign to take them inside.

I like to think that she had lots of prawy smelling shoes over time. Fucking bitch, I hated her.

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

Wineisrequired · 24/06/2021 22:11

When I was married people kept telling me my my husband was shagging my next door neighbour. Turns out it was true so before we split up I used his toothbrush to clean the toilet numerous times. I also made him a pie for his tea with cat food in it . Also when I left him I put small bits of fish in the curtain rails. Stank the house out apparently .

TeddingtonTrashbag · 25/06/2021 03:38

Because I'd said 'everyone' he asked a couple of neighbours before he asked her.
Just love the idea of him asking neighbours about his gf fanjo!!Grin

MissMarplesGoddaughter · 25/06/2021 17:26

@SynchroSwimmer

There was the story in the news a decade or more back...
A husband who was proud of his extensive wine cellar, bottles accumulated over a period of time.

His ex wife distributed them, leaving them as doorstep deliveries next to the milk bottles - to every house in the village

The same wife also cut one trouser leg off at the knee from all her husband's suits.

Revenge was certainly sweet for her :)
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.