Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Best/worst/untraceable revenge

479 replies

namechangeforwrongdoing · 22/06/2021 21:12

Just tell me the best (worst?) but most untraceable acts of revenge/comeuppance that you've heard....Asking for a friend.....Wink

OP posts:
TaraR2020 · 23/06/2021 21:51

Have I missed something? Where's the sexual assault in the clingfilm post?Confused

AlexCabot · 23/06/2021 21:52

While I think most of the laxative pranksters on this thread are talking shite (pun intended) it's actually considered assault, is obviously illegal and you could end up in court.

www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/swansea-factory-workers-laxative-soup-12686778

Why is there such an obsession with the scales balancing? Tit for bloody tat. Yes, it's horrible when someone behaves badly and appears to get away with it but taking revenge for every real (or imagined) slight is a miserable way to live.

memberofthewedding · 23/06/2021 21:52

My vile neighbours have harassed me since i moved in, sent workpeople onto my property without permission multiple times and made a building yard out of my garden with a concrete grinder til I threatened the workmen with the police. They were the kind you pay in cash and quickly fled to the other side of the fence.

One afternoon someone from the adjoining business park threw several black bags of rubbish over the fence to land by NDNs fence. It was bin day and instead of sticking it into his bin he got a garden rake and pushed it onto my garden! Unfortunately the cctv caught the entire process. I printed out several thumb nails on a a piece of paper and wrote on the back "You have 24 hours to clear this up before I inform the authorities of your criminal act". He was there at 6.15 next morning clearing it up - sort of. One bag had burst and left bits all over the grass.

Nephew and big mate went around two days later and made him clear up every bit. Then he was made to come to my door and apologise to me. Big mate recorded entire process on his phone.

Nephew told him "If you ever annoy my aunt again or even look at her the wrong way these pictures go on the internet with your name and address".

There is a postscript. New neighbour in the area told me that in the time between finalising and moving in someone dumped multiple bags of rubbish and packing materials in their garden. Her husband had to make two trips to the tip with them and was not pleased. I showed her the pics of vile NDN and speculated as to how many fly tippers there were on such a small estate. She asked me to email her the pictures, saying her husband would be interested to see them. This is a gossipy lady and I wonder how long it took for the news to get around.

Sometimes you dont have to do anything yourself to get revenge. Just give them enough rope and they will hang themselves.

Steelesauce · 23/06/2021 22:10

My ex did a number on me, lots of lying and gaslighting. I seduced his best friend who told me the truth about his antics and shagged him in front of my exs beloved cat.

Then I moved on with my life. Content that I was not the crazy one and I'd had my revenge.

ZombieEthel · 23/06/2021 22:20

I think a lot of posters here are confusing harassment with revenge, especially posters talking about awful things their ex partners did to them after they ended the relationship.

DespairingHomeowner · 23/06/2021 22:36

@Drinkingallthewine

A funny work one was not one I witnessed but read about online. Asshole colleague to a group of workers would often rant about spoons going missing from the canteen. Anyway, in any emails to him from his team, they wrote spoons spoons spoons spoons loads of times of times at the end of every email to him in white font so it was essentially invisible. Before long, his Amazon account was offering him deals on all sorts of spoons, his facebook adverts were offering spoons and all other targeted adverts on any website he went onto for were all spoon related. It also started to happen on his phone and home devices because of the targeted adverts to his social media accounts and it both baffled him and drove him cracked trying to figure it out.

That's probably the worst I'd be willing to do to someone I think. I'm not a fan of anything involving destruction of property, or biohazards.

Spoons Spoons Spoons

(Am crying with laughter 😂)
EishetChayil · 23/06/2021 22:41

I took singing lessons from a washed up old tenor in my youth. He was pretty pervy, and made some moves on me as a minor.

About a year after I stopped having lessons, I sent him an email from a made-up email address pretending to be an American opera company offering him a role in a production in Boston. He was so excited he told everyone he knew, as a mutual friend informed me 🤣

When he realised it was a pisstake he wrote a really arsey email to the fake email account about bringing the operatic profession into "ill repute"! Tosser.

stealingbeauty · 23/06/2021 22:53

I haven’t read through this thread yet, but the best revenge would be to make the new happy couple some nice big bowls of creamy Jerusalem artichoke soup. It doesn’t affect everyone, but I had it once and I farted about three times a second for about four hours. Ever since then I thought it would be great to feed someone as revenge, especially before a date or an interview or an important event.

Hsurbbrb · 23/06/2021 23:22

@StayCalmX

What some posters who say ''Just live well'' don't understand is that you can obviously do that, and be working towards a place of forgiveness and peace but not allowing yourself to feel anger isn't going to speed up your healing. Let yourself feel the anger if it's justified. Don't do anything illegal! But if you throw a sandbag over board in the short term, when you're reallly suffering from the shock and the betrayal, do it.

Aren’t those posts annoying? For a start that clearly isn’t what the op is asking. Plus in a lot of cases it’s more pathetic IMO. Like the pp who said she got revenge by winning/inheriting money, so she retired early and takes the opportunity to boast and brag whenever the other person can hear. Like it’s a good thing to give this person that much head space so many years later.
SecondCityShark · 23/06/2021 23:23

By the time she finished the bottle, it was only about 60% rum, the rest was piss. Cat piss.

How exactly?

Just checking in with this thread since I was last on it last night, and bloody hell things have taken a nosedive.

A huge percentage sound like pure fantasy, and I'm shocked at how many involve human/dog/cat piss/shit.

WTF is wrong with people?

ILoveYourLittleHat · 23/06/2021 23:34

@Drinkingallthewine

A funny work one was not one I witnessed but read about online. Asshole colleague to a group of workers would often rant about spoons going missing from the canteen. Anyway, in any emails to him from his team, they wrote spoons spoons spoons spoons loads of times of times at the end of every email to him in white font so it was essentially invisible. Before long, his Amazon account was offering him deals on all sorts of spoons, his facebook adverts were offering spoons and all other targeted adverts on any website he went onto for were all spoon related. It also started to happen on his phone and home devices because of the targeted adverts to his social media accounts and it both baffled him and drove him cracked trying to figure it out.

That's probably the worst I'd be willing to do to someone I think. I'm not a fan of anything involving destruction of property, or biohazards.

That's brilliant!
SecondCityShark · 23/06/2021 23:37

That one is wonderful Grin

Livelovebehappy · 23/06/2021 23:50

The worse one I heard was a colleague at work who had an affair with a married man, who then dumped her to stay with his wife. Colleague then wrote an anonymous letter to every one of his neighbours on the cul de sac telling them that he was a paedophile, and had been in prison charged with child molestation in the past. She actually thought it was hilarious when telling us, but I avoided her afterwards, as her behaviour came across as unhinged, and she scared me as to what she could be capable of if you crossed her.

Nat6999 · 24/06/2021 00:03

We had an officer in charge who was a bastard to work for, he never came & spoke to clerical staff, just used to yell from his office & treated them like dirt. One girl really got it in the neck from him, she collected her pee in a bottle & every time she had to make him a drink poured some in his coffee.

Enough4me · 24/06/2021 00:12

I was cheated on by exH. I'm glad I didn't do anything involving wee or worse and have the moral higher ground (but I like the spoons spoons spoons idea for work situation).

I went for what I was due in divorce and found myself a better partner.

FaceyRomford · 24/06/2021 00:20

@SteffieIUI

Someone I know caught his wife cheating, they split but were living together for awhile. He took her engagement ring to the jewellers and got the diamond swapped for cubic zirconia!! About 2 years later he got some angry text messages when she went to resell it and had it valued at £50, genius! Best of all she still doesn't know whether he gave her a fake ring in the first place, the original jeweller conned them or if he swapped it later. He blocked her and let her work it out for herself !

I have a mate who works in Hatton Garden. Swopping real stones for paste while a ring is being "cleaned" is not uncommon.
JaneyGotAGun · 24/06/2021 00:28

A friend of a friend found out her dp and best friend were having an affair.

Rather that confront them immediately she decided to play the long game and gather evidence.

Before finding out about the affair she had planned a big party for her dp with all of their friends and family invited which she went ahead with.

Once there she asked for everyone's attention and asked her dp and best friend to join her at the front and then informed the whole room that they were having an affair and had been for months. Then she left

JaneyGotAGun · 24/06/2021 00:30
  • She had planned a party for his birthday that should have said
Kintsugi16 · 24/06/2021 04:13

@SecondCityShark

By the time she finished the bottle, it was only about 60% rum, the rest was piss. Cat piss.

How exactly?

Just checking in with this thread since I was last on it last night, and bloody hell things have taken a nosedive.

A huge percentage sound like pure fantasy, and I'm shocked at how many involve human/dog/cat piss/shit.

WTF is wrong with people?

Hell hath no fury
sashh · 24/06/2021 07:01

I got revenge without meaning to.

I went to see a solicitor about getting a divorce, in those days you could get legal aid so I wasn't that bothered by him not answering letters and messing me around.

I had a choice of reasons to divorce but the solicitor said adulatory was the easiest if I had 'reasonable' proof.

Well my 'proof' was her pregnancy so of course the solicitor didn't just write to him but to the OW who apparently was not at all pleased.

STBX would call round occasionally, I was advised to let him in as I had changed the locks so I got to know about her reaction.

On one of his visits decided to compare my fanjo to hers and tell me how much tighter hers was. And I do not know where this came from but my mouth opened and out came the declaration that it was because she'd had to have surgery to tighten her up because it was too loose and 'eveyone' knows about it.

Because I'd said 'everyone' he asked a couple of neighbours before he asked her.

I've since got on with living a better life.

CreamPantsuit · 24/06/2021 07:16

There are a lot of really disgusting people on here. Why does revenge have to involve piss and shit? And there are some liars, presumably. How the fuck would you make a cat piss in a bottle? Bullshit (or catpiss).

ufucoffee · 24/06/2021 07:25

@sashh fanjo GrinGrinGrinGrin

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

Kintsugi16 · 24/06/2021 07:41

Living well is not revenge, it’s just self survival.

There is no better revenge than planting the seed of doubt IMO.

StayCalmX · 24/06/2021 07:43

I agree about the piss and shit. That is just demeaning.
If you can think of something legal and not piss or shit related, well that sounds interesting but endless piss stories 😲

WeBuiltThisBuffetOnSausageRoll · 24/06/2021 07:51

The worse one I heard was a colleague at work who had an affair with a married man, who then dumped her to stay with his wife. Colleague then wrote an anonymous letter to every one of his neighbours on the cul de sac telling them that he was a paedophile, and had been in prison charged with child molestation in the past. She actually thought it was hilarious when telling us, but I avoided her afterwards, as her behaviour came across as unhinged, and she scared me as to what she could be capable of if you crossed her.

She's the one who should be in prison. Libelling somebody for alleged tax fraud or something would be serious enough, but paedophilia? She sounds like a schoolchild who gets told off by a teacher and then accuses the teacher of touching them, in the belief that the teacher will be badly told off and feel very embarrassed for a day - without ever realising that their lies can result in the teacher losing their job, livelihood, friends, even marriage and, in some cases, life.

Lying and crying wolf about serious things like child and/or sexual abuse doesn't just punish the innocent person you've accused but is also one massive slap in the face to all genuine victims, telling them that the ordeal they've suffered and survived is just a bit of fun to be laughed and joked about.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.