Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Outrage!! Banned by deliveroo

113 replies

partyatthepalace · 15/05/2021 15:17

... for making too many complaints apparently. This amounts to 2 missing items in grocery deliveries this week and a freezing cold lunch. I’ve been a customer for years! I spend a fortune! And now I am being cancelled by an algorithm with no option to complain - I think it’s v unfair. AIBU or should I just learn to cook.

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

AIBU

You have one vote. All votes are anonymous.

House2home21 · 15/05/2021 21:13

@Happycat1212 WATF OP WTAF you complain and they ban you tbf I think McDonalds would still get your order wrong you made it yourself!

House2home21 · 15/05/2021 21:18

@Jellybabiesforbreakfast amen, I’ve got toddlers I cook every freakin lunch and dinner with several varieties! I live for weekend of takeaways 😂, if someone tried to suggest a homemade chilli on a Saturday night that’d be it!

4amWitchingHour · 15/05/2021 21:23

@me4real

Read the OP. Two of the complaints are about grocery deliveries. You know - ingredients. For cooking

*@4amWitchingHour* I get 'groceries' from Morrisons or Co-op on Deliveroo. I don't usually get cooking ingredients, it's wine and chocolate etc.

To be fair I was just being a snarky cow. And an incorrect one at that.
SchrodingersImmigrant · 15/05/2021 21:26

Boring maybe, but simple, and if recipes are doubled up, will keep well in a freezer too(apart from the stir fry, obviously). These would be my “fast food” options, and not what I’d eat when I have time to cook. Furthermore, when you don’t use bottled sauces or ones made from a packet, you can pack plenty of vegetables into them too, so that’s another plus. However, if they were all I ate, I would find them boring too.

Tbh it kind of sounds that's what half a mumsnet eat🙈 That's why it's pointed out as bit boring suggestion.
It's always the same on here"chilli, spag bol, stir fry" with occasional addition of lentil/chickpea curry.
Which brings me to an interesting thought. It's rare to see British food suggested on food threads about food staples😱 Totally beaten to some kind of food purgatory where it kind of exists but kind of doesn't, by the 4 suggestions above.😂
I just imagine everyone in uk having boxes and boxes of chilli and bolognese in freezers.

wingsnthat · 15/05/2021 21:27

They’re a business not a charity. They have assessed your account and think you’re a risk to them if problems continue to arise and would rather sever the business relationship going forward, as opposed to keeping your custom.

Whilst I believe your complaints are valid, I think it’s just common knowledge at this point that Uber Eats and Deliveroo don’t handle complaints well. They refund the first time, but your account it essentially a ticking time bomb going forward - if any other issues occur as they will swiftly ban. Therefore you might want to give your money to a company that treats its customers better. Can you order your groceries online instead?

wingsnthat · 15/05/2021 21:28

From the supermarket directly that is

Happycat1212 · 15/05/2021 21:30

That’s the message I got from them at the time, after sending pics

UnluckyMe · 15/05/2021 21:42

You can complain. Just log on to LinkedIn and find someone who works in that team. Or better yet, type ceo email in Google and I'm sure it'll come up. From memory I remember the CEO being some youngish guy who used to ride the bike, there was an article I read online so I'm sure you'll find his details quite easily.

SchrodingersImmigrant · 15/05/2021 21:49

@UnluckyMe

You can complain. Just log on to LinkedIn and find someone who works in that team. Or better yet, type ceo email in Google and I'm sure it'll come up. From memory I remember the CEO being some youngish guy who used to ride the bike, there was an article I read online so I'm sure you'll find his details quite easily.

Lol at the idea of ceo doing anything about a complaint. It would just get send back to the original team and forhotten about
Bootikin · 15/05/2021 22:04

Sorry, think you should learn to cook. Food will taste great and cost a fraction of the money you’ve wasted. Everybody wins - except deliverroo.

Serpenta · 15/05/2021 22:32

Some dishes will just never taste as good when cooked at home.

BecauseMyRingBurnsSheila · 15/05/2021 22:37

Sainsbury's should ban me then! Or maybe get their frozen shit together because EVERY complaint I make is about frozen food being unfrozen.

Frozen pizza stored vertically, ingredients slide to the bottom. I put horizontally in freezer, ingredients freeze in a lump. Photo, message, refund.

Pretty much every other week!!

BrightYellowDaffodil · 15/05/2021 22:38

I can cook and I still bloody love a takeaway. But I won’t use Just Eat/
Deliveroo/Uber Eats any more. On top of the dreadful customer service I had no idea they took such a large cut until I read this:

www.theguardian.com/global-development/2021/apr/25/deliveroo-tech-delivery-restaurant-service-dark-kitchens#comment-148833454

BecauseMyRingBurnsSheila · 15/05/2021 22:38

(People on this thread would tell me to

1. make my own pizza
  2. buy fresh pizza
  3. get pizza delivered
  4. go to the supermarket myself

All of those are options OR Sainsbury's could sort out their frozen bloody storage!
BecauseMyRingBurnsSheila · 15/05/2021 23:08

Case in point

Odagled · 15/05/2021 23:20

Sounds harsh but hey ho, shit happens. I’d learn to cook or find takeaways that don’t use Deliveroo.

Procrastination4 · 15/05/2021 23:39

@SchrodingersImmigrant

Boring maybe, but simple, and if recipes are doubled up, will keep well in a freezer too(apart from the stir fry, obviously). These would be my “fast food” options, and not what I’d eat when I have time to cook. Furthermore, when you don’t use bottled sauces or ones made from a packet, you can pack plenty of vegetables into them too, so that’s another plus. However, if they were all I ate, I would find them boring too.

Tbh it kind of sounds that's what half a mumsnet eat🙈 That's why it's pointed out as bit boring suggestion.
It's always the same on here"chilli, spag bol, stir fry" with occasional addition of lentil/chickpea curry.
Which brings me to an interesting thought. It's rare to see British food suggested on food threads about food staples😱 Totally beaten to some kind of food purgatory where it kind of exists but kind of doesn't, by the 4 suggestions above.😂
I just imagine everyone in uk having boxes and boxes of chilli and bolognese in freezers.

I’m not in the UK and I do use our country’s produce and staples when cooking. Chilli and bolognese wouldn’t be my dinner of choice ever, but they’re handy dishes to have at a pinch if one is working late. My usual dinners would be fish or chicken, neither of which freeze well in my opinion. I really dislike frozen fish and only eat fresh. I’m not a fan of frozen vegetables either. So, in addition to frozen homemade soup, there’s plenty of room in my freezer for boxes of frozen chilli or bolognese.Wink
Sheilasfeels · 16/05/2021 17:35

I don’t use delivery anymore after nearly every order through them missing an item. Every time they process it and refund me the couple of quid for the item, but I’d rather just have the missing item at the time. I only use just-eat now. No good if you’re after groceries though. And anyone saying ‘learn to cook’ - I did. I also love takeaways. And that’s ok.

Bertiebiscuit · 16/05/2021 17:47

Plainly they are a terrible company - maybe think hard about trying to do without them - I won't use them, never have as I live alone and never want strange men coming to my door who will figure out that I live alone - but equally their business model is poor - they abuse their deliverers

Saxineno · 16/05/2021 17:52

Banned here too! Three times in a row my Nando's order was wrong.
Husbands account still works thankfully as I love a Nando's Grin

Legoandbarefeet · 16/05/2021 18:22

Hey @partyatthepalace, sorry not read ft. Had exactly the same with Deliveroo earlier this year. They accused me of fraudulent claims. I’d had several orders sent incomplete and other orders with cold items of food. I was so pissed as I wasn’t bloody bring fraudulent I was just asking for my money back on items not received. I ended up deleting my account on principle (but now order via my daughters account 🤦🏼‍♀️🙄)

pollymere · 16/05/2021 18:31

My area doesn't use delivery companies. Develop a relationship with the actual restaurants. You'll find it far cheaper and many offer their own delivery services. We also now walk to get takeout to burn some calories!

Someaddedsugar · 16/05/2021 18:43

@SchrodingersImmigrant I once complained to a CEO after a delivery was messed up 3 times (clothes not food), and within a day I had a call from their director of customer services who sorted out my complaint straight away. He kept in email contact for the following month to check everything was ok too!

SchrodingersImmigrant · 16/05/2021 18:49

[quote Someaddedsugar]@SchrodingersImmigrant I once complained to a CEO after a delivery was messed up 3 times (clothes not food), and within a day I had a call from their director of customer services who sorted out my complaint straight away. He kept in email contact for the following month to check everything was ok too![/quote]
No wonder it's all shit when the directors are catching up with customers after few issues.

Sorry.

HalzTangz · 16/05/2021 18:57

@partyatthepalace

... for making too many complaints apparently. This amounts to 2 missing items in grocery deliveries this week and a freezing cold lunch. I’ve been a customer for years! I spend a fortune! And now I am being cancelled by an algorithm with no option to complain - I think it’s v unfair. AIBU or should I just learn to cook.

Use just at or Uber was, delivroo aren't the only company delivering food
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.