My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To ask how I can lose 2 stone in the quickest way possible?

355 replies

Ticktock40 · 11/04/2021 16:52

I know why I’m overweight, and I know a quick fix isn’t usually the answer but I’ve just found out I’m eligible for IVF on the NHS. The only downside is I have to lose 2 stone to bring my BMI below 30.

I’m in shock as I’d got my head around the fact we’d have to use savings/ get a loan and when you pay privately, your BMI is less of an issue.

Apparently there’s no waiting list either so the sooner I lose the weight, the sooner we can crack on. Time isn’t on our side, I’m nearing 40 and have been recommended starting ASAP.

I’ve done meal replacement diets in the past and the weight loss was quick but I couldn’t exercise. To be honest, I’ve done every diet ever. Sad
Any advice would be gratefully received.

OP posts:
tttigress · 11/04/2021 22:25

This is not long term medical advice, but just focus on eating the absolute minimum calories, don't worry about exercise until you have got the 2 stone off.

trunumber · 11/04/2021 22:34

@LilQueenie - it does matter practically though. The NHS won't allow you to have IVF over a certain BMI, if you pay private they will. So while you are right in that it's better to be healthier - here it just literally practically matters

OP- If you've never done the soup diet before it's well worth trying. I tend to loose 8Ib in a week on it

TakeMeToKernow · 11/04/2021 22:39

Fast 800.

You might feel a bit squiffy and will need support from your OH, but the MOTIVATION of something like IVF should get you through Smile

spaceghetto · 11/04/2021 22:44

Take up running! I lost 3 stone in 6 months running 5k every other day

LilQueenie · 11/04/2021 22:48

trunumber I went private and BMI was still taken into account as it matters as to whether the IVF will be successful. Perhaps it has now changed or it varies in different areas.

BlueDahlia69 · 11/04/2021 22:50

the 5k running thing, I cannot begin to imagine running, shamefully Im rubbish.

can anyone do it?

I might look into it

Happymum12345 · 11/04/2021 22:56

800 calories a day and go running. You have such a good motivation to lose weight-you can do it!

MajorNeville · 11/04/2021 22:56

@BlueDahlia69 thanks, I'm pleased with my loss so far, sticking to it well. I've never really looked at Herbalife so not sure, Exante isn't an MLM, I buy direct from their website, I pick what I want to buy but they do 2 or 4 week boxes where they select for you, that's really popular but I don't like coffee or strawberries so want to avoid those.

You've done well too, 5lbs off is great. I intend on moving to a more sustainable long term diet when I'm feeling happier in myself, I never want this weight back to I'll need to be sensible as I get closer to my target.

Sightforsoreeyez · 11/04/2021 23:15

[quote youvegottenminuteslynn]@Sightforsoreeyez

Dry fasting is fasting with no food or liquids. That’s why it’s controversial, but only by people who don’t understand it or take the time to research it. And do the correct prep work for before and after.

You genuinely think that only people who don't 'understand' dry fasting think it's unhealthy and dangerous?[/quote]
That’s what I said. The people that listen to their bodies and prep in the correct way and follow the Phoenix Protocol. Have a good evening.

BlueDahlia69 · 11/04/2021 23:19

@MajorNeville

superb thank you, I'll have a look online.

JamesMiddletonsMarshmallows · 11/04/2021 23:23

@BlueDahlia69

the 5k running thing, I cannot begin to imagine running, shamefully Im rubbish.

can anyone do it?

I might look into it

@BlueDahlia69 couch to 5k changed my life! I went from getting out of breath on a quick walk to running 5k and it's so steady that you don't even notice that it gets harder.
youvegottenminuteslynn · 11/04/2021 23:24

@Sightforsoreeyez

I don't think following a protocol that claims to extend lifespan by "at least 25 years" is in any way sensible, but each to their own!

For anyone considering it thanks to big weight loss claims, which I don't doubt are often true - but are done in a dangerous and unhealthy way, here is the book's description: "The Phoenix Protocol will explain how to heal illness and radically extend lifespan and maybe even more than that! This book reveals a logical way to restore youth and dramatically extend lifespan by at least 25 years."

I mean... wow! Have a good evening too Smile

Ticktock40 · 11/04/2021 23:44

Thank you so much for the advice and supportive messages. I am so crap at losing weight but I’ve never had a motivation quite like this!

After reading all your advice I’m going to try to only eat between 11am and 7pm (18:6) I’m going to reduce my calories to 800-1000 and I’m going to keep going with c25k. I’m also going to walk 10-12000 steps a day, drink tonnes of water and generally try and take better care of myself.

I’m feeling really positive, and I’m going to keep coming back here to read your supportive comments if I feel my willpower slipping! Grin

OP posts:
BlueDahlia69 · 11/04/2021 23:49

@JamesMiddletonsMarshmallows

Im going to try it 🎉

BlueDahlia69 · 11/04/2021 23:50

Good luck OP 🍀

Humptydumpty85 · 11/04/2021 23:55

Fast 800 and up your daily steps a little if you can. I had about 2 stone to loose and lost 1 stone in 3 weeks following fast 800- then kind of gave up (oops!) I'm sure the second stone would have been slower, but the plan works and you have the perfect motivation to stick at it! Good luck!

Sightforsoreeyez · 12/04/2021 00:07

[quote youvegottenminuteslynn]@Sightforsoreeyez

I don't think following a protocol that claims to extend lifespan by "at least 25 years" is in any way sensible, but each to their own!

For anyone considering it thanks to big weight loss claims, which I don't doubt are often true - but are done in a dangerous and unhealthy way, here is the book's description: "The Phoenix Protocol will explain how to heal illness and radically extend lifespan and maybe even more than that! This book reveals a logical way to restore youth and dramatically extend lifespan by at least 25 years."

I mean... wow! Have a good evening too Smile[/quote]
You clearly don’t know anything about dry fasting. And you’re so invested in everything I say you’re actually sat there googling it and it’s all rather sad.

It’s also sad you’re mocking something you’ve clearly never tried and likely know nothing about it trying to act like you’re so superior you’ve elevated to a higher being.

youvegottenminuteslynn · 12/04/2021 00:20

@Sightforsoreeyez

Ok. I think it's sad (and irresponsible) to recommend an unhealthy and risky diet to people, especially one that actually claims to lengthen lifespan by 25 years. Each to their own 👍🏻

Sightforsoreeyez · 12/04/2021 00:45

It’s not risky when done correctly which is why you research and prep your body. Why comment on something you have zero knowledge about and have never done.

Sightforsoreeyez · 12/04/2021 00:49

Most people brush off dry fasting as something dangerous that should never be attempted, and there’s a lot of misinformation out there that fuels this fear. Dry fasting can be extremely beneficial to cell regeneration and repair. And dry fasting can be done safely as long as you take all the steps necessary to do it right.

There’s so much research out there from doctors and performed correctly you will have incredible results.

But if you would rather have drug pushing doctors and listen to an industry that tells you to eat constantly then we’re very different people and I would prefer you no longer try and engage with me.

hannayeah · 12/04/2021 01:43

@Sightforsoreeyez

Dry fasting - when done correctly, people are horrified by it but that’s because they aren’t educated.

I dropped 14lbs in 4 days.

www.latimes.com/lifestyle/story/2020-02-13/dry-fasting-benefits-dangers
NK346f2849X127d8bca260 · 12/04/2021 01:51

I have really struggled with Sciatica over the last couple of years , my teen dd told me to loose the belly fat to help it!
So a week before Xmas I started walking 25 minutes 5 times a week, alongside that I just cut out snacking and ate slightly smaller portions of our normal meals.
I am now 14 lbs lighter and in far less pain with my back.
You can do it and good luck with the IVF treatment.

BlueDahlia69 · 12/04/2021 01:52

@NK346f2849X127d8bca260

I have really struggled with Sciatica over the last couple of years , my teen dd told me to loose the belly fat to help it!
So a week before Xmas I started walking 25 minutes 5 times a week, alongside that I just cut out snacking and ate slightly smaller portions of our normal meals.
I am now 14 lbs lighter and in far less pain with my back.
You can do it and good luck with the IVF treatment.

that's great actually. Well done.
Tossblanket · 12/04/2021 02:23

Calorie count everything and consume 500 less than you need.

Exercise.

Divineswirls · 12/04/2021 02:43

Watch the Michael Mosely programmes on All4 re Fast 800 / Keto

Move a lot more and cut out carbs & eat more veg and protein.

Keep busy so you're not thinking about food. Go for long walks and listen to a podcast or Audible book.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.