Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

To feel somewhat upset with this Valentine's card from my husband?

Boysgrownbutstillathome · 14/02/2021 13:10

My husband is a typical last-minute card and present-buyer, but this really takes the biscuit. His excuses - it was the last one left in Tesco Express, Asda was too busy and he had forgotten his glasses. Excuse for not buying one earlier - he is recovering from his Covid jab ( he had it on Thursday). Excuse for not buying one before then - none.

To feel somewhat upset with this Valentine's card from my husband?
OP's posts:
Please
or

Am I being unreasonable?

AIBU

You have one vote. All votes are anonymous.

Franacropan1 · 16/02/2021 14:28

I gave mine his card and said I haven't written it so it can be to both of us. It was quite funny to watch him put it back in the envelope and then pantomime surprising me with it from behind the chair. I did find an out of date box of liquorice allsorts in the cupboard and gave him those, and his Easter egg early.
This was agreed, I hasten to add. I specifically asked him not to get me anything this year.

Please
or

Peff68 · 16/02/2021 17:25

Bless him he tried and you’ll forever be able to hold it over him!

My son aged 16 once got me a card that said ‘you’re LIKE a mum to me’!!! They all make mistakes just laugh it off life’s too short etc Smile

Please
or

Goodiebagh · 16/02/2021 17:59

That was such a close one! Tightest results ever?

Please
or

Codswallopcurry · 18/02/2021 10:43

Good lord, get a grip! Upset? It would have made me laugh me tits off. Jeez, mine are already coming loose and I didn't even get the card! And have you no sense of retribution? You can demand takeaways, massages and foot rubs for weeks on this!

Please
or

Ddot · 18/02/2021 12:41

I got nothing! sent him out to get some daffodils

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.