Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

To feel somewhat upset with this Valentine's card from my husband?

Boysgrownbutstillathome · 14/02/2021 13:10

My husband is a typical last-minute card and present-buyer, but this really takes the biscuit. His excuses - it was the last one left in Tesco Express, Asda was too busy and he had forgotten his glasses. Excuse for not buying one earlier - he is recovering from his Covid jab ( he had it on Thursday). Excuse for not buying one before then - none.

To feel somewhat upset with this Valentine's card from my husband?
OP's posts:
Please
or

Am I being unreasonable?

AIBU

You have one vote. All votes are anonymous.

Ddot · 18/02/2021 12:41

I got nothing! sent him out to get some daffodils

Please
or

Codswallopcurry · 18/02/2021 10:43

Good lord, get a grip! Upset? It would have made me laugh me tits off. Jeez, mine are already coming loose and I didn't even get the card! And have you no sense of retribution? You can demand takeaways, massages and foot rubs for weeks on this!

Please
or

Goodiebagh · 16/02/2021 17:59

That was such a close one! Tightest results ever?

Please
or

Peff68 · 16/02/2021 17:25

Bless him he tried and you’ll forever be able to hold it over him!

My son aged 16 once got me a card that said ‘you’re LIKE a mum to me’!!! They all make mistakes just laugh it off life’s too short etc Smile

Please
or

Franacropan1 · 16/02/2021 14:28

I gave mine his card and said I haven't written it so it can be to both of us. It was quite funny to watch him put it back in the envelope and then pantomime surprising me with it from behind the chair. I did find an out of date box of liquorice allsorts in the cupboard and gave him those, and his Easter egg early.
This was agreed, I hasten to add. I specifically asked him not to get me anything this year.

Please
or

JerryGiraffe · 16/02/2021 14:13

My dh has form for this too, he bought me a fiance card instead of fiancee, but the most beautiful card he ever bought me for my birthday was an anniversary card then added to the caption inside 'of your birth' after the happy anniversary greeting! 🤣 it's a bit of a running joke now wondering what disaster will befall him next. I have a big birthday coming up so watch this space! 😁

Please
or

MrsLighthouse · 16/02/2021 13:04

Is this just a quirky mistake ? ( my husband has the weirdest choice in presents 🙄 ) if he’s lovely to you otherwise then l’d just laugh and tell him to try harder next year !

Please
or

Macmoominmamma · 16/02/2021 10:27

That was funny. You can outdo him by getting a “condolences” card for his birthday / Happy Christmas for Father’s Day etc. Just get him any random card for any occasion from now on. Who cares - it’s the sentiment that counts. Why are you upset about this? Is your marriage in trouble?

Please
or

AryaStarkWolf · 16/02/2021 09:54

I would find it funny

Please
or

BrandonBliss · 16/02/2021 09:52

Sorry OP but that’s so funny

Please
or

Whatisgoingonhere · 16/02/2021 09:51

Ha ha, at least he wrote a message!!

My DH gave me a card...with nothing written in it! He forgot. But as he says, at least he got me a card.

I can’t complain though as I forgot to get him one last year 😂

Please
or

Beforethetakingoftoastandtea · 16/02/2021 09:01

@Susan1961

He only needed to write an extra E on the end 🤭

That’s not how you spell wife...
Please
or

Susan1961 · 16/02/2021 08:59

He only needed to write an extra E on the end 🤭

Please
or

Devora13 · 16/02/2021 08:42

'Lol yeah that's pretty crap but I would probably just laugh and take the mickey for at least the next year, and expect him to pay for a takeaway tonight.'
This. But 2 years; we have a 2 year embargo.
Though I might be a bit miffed by the Asda was too busy (unless he is medically vulnerable), it would feel a bit couldn't be bothered to make the effort.

Please
or

SuperSue77 · 16/02/2021 08:19

My husband and I have bought each other a number of Valentines cards over the years so now we just get one of those out of the cupboard and put it up on the mantelpiece. There are a nice selection to choose from, the sentiment is still the same and it’s better for our pockets and the environment! We do the same for birthdays and our anniversary too! We do also have a special meal together and some adult time 😁 but it’s great not having to traipse round a card shop 3 times a year each! (Esp with lockdown!)

Please
or

JonSnowIsALoser · 16/02/2021 00:36

Is your husband secretly engaged to a guy, and swapped cards meant for him and you by mistake?

Pathetic. If he couldn't find a card it would be much better if he'd just cut out a heart out of a piece of paper and wrote a message on it.

Valentine's Day sucks though anyway, so I wouldn't get too upset about it.

Please
or

Beforethetakingoftoastandtea · 15/02/2021 23:28

My DH ordered me a card he saw online, referencing a film we both love. I bought him the same card last year Grin

Please
or

Ineke · 15/02/2021 23:21

Shopping is stressful at this time, trying to shop as quickly as possible. I myself have not looked too closely at what I have bought and have come home with something completely different to what I thought I was buying, similar packaging but different product. So, maybe give him some leaway! It's the thought that counts.

Please
or

amispeakingenglish · 15/02/2021 22:53

is this even important?

Please
or

Wills · 15/02/2021 21:43

I'll be honest I'd rather my other half didn't waste money on a card etc. Equally I don't want flowers at this time of year, but in two/three weeks time I'd like a bunch, then some more in maybe a month after that.

Please
or

jonny9487 · 15/02/2021 21:21

Anyone over the age of 12 shouldn't be getting upset about valentine's cards Grin

Please
or

Carebear62 · 15/02/2021 21:20

This tickled me. Tried to read the post out to my hubby and couldn’t for laughing!! He couldn’t see anything wrong with it as it’s probably something he’d do!!!😁

Please
or
Please
or

Riddikulussness · 15/02/2021 20:58

@Boysgrownbutstillathome
The sun have picked this up!!! Have you seen it?

Please
or

JaninaDuszejko · 15/02/2021 20:37

That is funny. So many possibilities to get your revenge. Just give him a Christmas Card for Easter and a bereavement card for his birthday and he'll get the message.

I got a breadknife from DH for Valentine's Day. There was a backstory so I laughed a lot at how ostensibly unromantic it was.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.