Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Putting Christmas tree up today?

158 replies

Bee29 · 23/11/2019 07:24

Opinions... Usually do it on the 1st but next weekend is a busy one. Don’t have time during the week... so thinking today or tomorrow.

Partner thinks I’m mad. Also his mum is popping over this weekend and I know she’ll offer her opinion like she does in everything but myself and DC have been poorly all week. So surely this is a good way to cheer us all up??

OP posts:
Drabarni · 23/11/2019 14:16

I can't see what difference it makes to anybody else.
Ours never go up until dd finishes school as she likes to do them so it's saturday 14th December for us.
You do what you want.

Pipandmum · 23/11/2019 14:22

It feels very early to be putting it up but I've seen a few already. We normally go out first weekend in Dec but this year Dec 1 being a Sunday and my son works so asked him if he minded not coming which is sad but neither of us wanted to do it Nov 30! Maybe of we bought it but didn't actually bring it inside till the next day....

CrowleysBentley · 23/11/2019 14:24

I'll be doing mine some time next weekend. This weekend I'm doing an extra deep clean, cleaning carpets and curtains and doing all the other random crappy jobs that aren't general everyday stuff. Boring, but it needs doing. I need to shift furniture around a little bit to make space for the tree too, while DS and DD are both home to help with the heavy lifting. The joys of living in a tiny poky flat.

Toooldtobearsed2 · 23/11/2019 14:31

Do what makes ypu happy.

I was called a miserable sod, a 'right bah humbug' and a saddo last night when I said that my tree goes up on the 20th December 😐
I love doing it then, because its Christmas!!! It makes me happy and puts me in the Christmas spirit.
If you want yours up now, go for it!

dreichwinter · 23/11/2019 14:37

It's Thanksgiving week here in the US. Lots of people will put their trees up this weekend to have them up for company on Thursday.

I came on to say this.
I used to be super snobby about people who decorated before mid December at the latest.
But I've started decorating in early December and the world is still turning ( only just though)
The first year I waited until mid December and there was only one tiny tree left in the whole of Home Depot and all the road side sellers had finished.

Poplarhawk · 23/11/2019 18:33

You'd have it up for at least a month if it goes up this weekend. Why! It's November. It's a little childish, almost like people can't wait and must gratify themselves.

Our tree is going up 'early' as in the week after next, as we're going away for Christmas this year.

Waitrosescheapestvodka · 23/11/2019 19:12

I think it's too early. But it doesn't matter what I think, it's your home and your way of celebrating Christmas. Enjoy.

HaudYerWheeshtYaWeeBellend · 23/11/2019 19:13

Lots of people have them up in our area, we are putting ours up on the 29th

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.