Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

He vlogged our date!

AlsoAlan · 08/04/2019 14:06

Hi will try not to make it an essay! NC for this.

So my friend set me up with a guy she knows from her hobby group, chatted a bit online etc and he seemed nice enough so agreed to meet up with him last night. He had previously spoken a lot about how he is really into social media which I'm not really into - we spoke on WhatsaApp but he keeps asking for my Snapchat, Insta etc, he is very into YouTube and kept asking me to subscribe to his channel and watch his top vid which is a Yes Lads reaction video which has around 7000 likes.

So I arrive last night and he is literally filming as I walk in and asks if I'm excited to meet him, how I'm feeling etc. I kind of laugh it off but then am getting increasingly annoyed as he keeps asking for us to take a selfie, messing around that weird dog ear filter thing and the whole time I am trying to chat to him his phone keeps relentlessly pinging. He also wanted to play this weird "20 questions about you" game but said he wouldn't put it online if I dont want it.

So I get home and within literally 5 minutes of him dropping me off he texts me to say "the video" is up on his profile and can I please like and share it??? I go to his profile and he has actually put together a 20 minute video of our date!! You can't really see my face but you can hear me, he says my name several times and my car reg plate is clearly visible at the end. Even worse is that it already has several hundred likes from his "followers" who have shared it to their own Insta accounts etc. He even gave it a title like"xxcVideoGuyWithNoName GOES ON A DATE"!! And he filmed the whole 20 questions thing by hiding his phone behind a menu!

So I guess my AIBU is a. AIBU to be weirded out by this? and b. Is this focus on social media the new norm for dating now??

OP's posts:
Please
or

PepsiLola · 09/04/2019 10:58

It actually looks like it's really common on YouTube?! Why!!!

I'm in my early 30's but officially past it, it seems

He vlogged our date!
Please
or

Morgan12 · 09/04/2019 11:07

Jesus Christ I'm so happy I'm mid thirties and married.

Please
or

Ladycsparkles · 09/04/2019 12:24

Shock

No, no and no. How creepy. I love social media and watch a lot of YouTube. If someone shoved a camera in my face I'd end up arrested for smashing it Hmm

Please
or

QueenBeex · 09/04/2019 12:31

That's so fucking strange! Id report the video, tell Instagram he doesn't have your permission to upload anything!! Definitely would block his number too personally.

Please
or

QueenBeex · 09/04/2019 12:35

Just read OP that if he gets a certain about of views on the video he can earn money from it!!! Text him telling him to either remove it or the police will be informed as you didn't agree for him to film you and upload it for the world to watch!

Please
or

Rottencooking · 09/04/2019 12:51

What a creepy, weird twat.

Please
or

teletubbies123 · 09/04/2019 13:30

I think you should post his youtube page on here and if the daily mail get wind of it great. There are lots of good youtubers out there but there are some creepy ones who don't ask for consent. He obviously doesn't care about how you feel and that's a very dangerous attitude to have.

Please
or

00100001 · 09/04/2019 15:07

Please
or

thatmustbenigelwiththebrie · 09/04/2019 15:11

This is INSANE.

Do people actually do this?

I think you did well not to run off the moment you turned up and he was filming.

I would hate this.

And, no offence, but who would actually want to watch this shit?

Please
or

michmum · 09/04/2019 18:09

Send him a link to this chat forum. He'll educate himself on dating in the real world!

Please
or

Bezalelle · 09/04/2019 18:20

Jim Chapman?

Please
or

DeniseRoyal · 09/04/2019 18:39

What an absolute bellend! Of course yanbu!! Report him and block him asap. The prick.

Please
or

Sedat · 09/04/2019 18:41

Omg!! What a nutter!! I would demand he remove it

Please
or

QuaintDuck · 09/04/2019 18:43

I'd realise a "press statement" telling other women what a weirdo he is

Please
or

bebeboeuf · 09/04/2019 18:52

Is this really a female you went on a date with?

Not to be sexist but of all these vlogging dates online I’m yet to see a man doing it to a woman.

Please
or

Olbaaa · 09/04/2019 18:54

Not to be sexist but of all these vlogging dates online I’m yet to see a man doing it to a woman.
There's a heap of men vlogging their first dates and dates in general.

Please
or

bebeboeuf · 09/04/2019 18:55

Ignore my previous post then.

What a weirdo!

Please
or

Purplegecko · 09/04/2019 18:59

Run. You'd only be an unwilling participant for pranks and other crap for a YouTube video for the entire relationship

Please
or

Letsnotusemyname · 09/04/2019 19:03

First and last date?

Definitely not a keeper.

Please
or

origamiunicorn · 09/04/2019 19:03

What a dick, how can people live like this, living your life through the validation of others. I would've been out of there straight away.

Please
or

nuxe1984 · 09/04/2019 19:13

Woah!!! Totally out of order. And complete invasion of privacy. I would tell him to remove all the social media stuff with you on it (although if it's been shared there's not much you can do about it now) and that you want a public apology posted where he says that he was out of order for doing this.

I would get all your friends who are online to start trolling him and asking him why he did it, that he's a pervert for hiding his phone to tape you, that nobody should go on a date with him because they're not safe, that he needs to get professional help for his social media addiction, report his posts, etc.

My concern about this would be the fact that he has filmed your car reg so you are no longer anonymous ...

Please
or

Serin · 09/04/2019 19:14

Massive invasion of your privacy.
How dare he.
I would tell him to take it down immediately or else he would regret it.
Prick.

Please
or

Harvestsquirrel1 · 09/04/2019 19:15

He sounds like a weirdo; he clearly needs attention. Don’t waste your time with this creep.

Please
or

Booskina · 09/04/2019 19:16

‘Are you excited to meet me?’ GrinGrinGrin😩prick

Please
or

TeaAddict235 · 09/04/2019 19:17

Do a Vlog review. Simple. Ask him to review it OR take the title of his vlog and put REVIEW at the end, then paste it into the comments section of his video.

I love a you tube battle me!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.