Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

AIBU you look ok from the front BUT>>>

190 replies

Whodoesthis17 · 18/07/2017 17:59

So this is a big no no in my book.
You see this person looking lovely from the front, made up nice outfit, but they turn around and it's like they got dragged out of bed, the bra is on view,, all of it.
Now is this just me or do others of you think WTF.

OP posts:
LakieLady · 18/07/2017 20:18

I don't seem to have a flying fuck to give on the subject of visible bras.

Grubby thongs poking out above jean, on the other hand ....

Groupie123 · 18/07/2017 20:25

Depends on the bra. It's actually in fashion to show a sports bra strap.

RebelRogue · 18/07/2017 20:27

All I can say is that I can't wait till Monday when I can wear no bra! And I should definitely be wearing a bra,but I don't give a shit.

coddiwomple · 18/07/2017 20:32

It's the red bra on show, why couldn't she get a grey one and make the outfit got from a 6 to 9 in style.

I don't think the colour of the bra makes any difference whatsoever, I do like the red one. I wouldn't wear that to a wedding, but really have no issue with her outfit. There's a lot of things I can't wear, but that look perfectly fine on younger fitter and slimmer models!

Therealslimshady1 · 18/07/2017 20:32

This brings back memories of the 90s, when it was briefly fashionable to.wear just a bra underneith a jacket. No top. No blouse.

Think it was the Spice Girls?

Anyway, orange bra and green top sounds like a fashion statement to me!

Notevilstepmother · 18/07/2017 20:33

I don't care that much what other people wear, but I would prefer not to have most of my bra on show. There are options.

DancingLedge · 18/07/2017 20:35

Op, you seriously want us to go out and scour the streets for people we can despise because of how they look from behind? Really?

I hope whatever's not OK in your life improves soon.

shivermytimbers · 18/07/2017 20:42

yes as I see it, means people don't realise they get less respect becasue they seem to respect themselves less.
I don't have too much respect for you I'm afraid but it's entirely down to your opinions. I don't give a shit about what your wearing while you type them out

PelvicFloorClenchReminder · 18/07/2017 20:48

Stop looking at people's behinds if you're going to get offended at people wearing clothes that are different from yours.

OSETmum · 18/07/2017 20:52

I'd rather have my bra on show than saggy, uncomfortable boobs!

Whodoesthis17 · 18/07/2017 20:55

I love the 3 straps on the bra idea, why can't our shops may more things like this and I don't go out looking , I am an artist and it's just in your face so much as soon as you see it, that I can't help thinking WTF.
I also know from the attitude of other people who have walked by and seen it at the same time, the eyes skywards means it's not just me who thinks it, tells me I am being judgey doesn't mean I am wrong, just that lots of you don't care what it looks like.

OP posts:
BuntyCollocks · 18/07/2017 20:56

Who gives an actual shit. I have massive tits, and therefore massive bras. For my bra to not be on show I have to be wearing something very covered up.

Worry about yourself, and stop being a judgemental bitch. HTH.

Whodoesthis17 · 18/07/2017 20:59

i.ytimg.com/vi/7gUe7Vw4Wok/maxresdefault.jpg
Would you wear a dress with the bra showing like this? Becasue this is what I mean

OP posts:
Alexandra87 · 18/07/2017 21:06

My sister (19) wears bra tops with nothing else on you'd have an actual fit if you saw her on the street!

notoneofyou · 18/07/2017 21:08

The picture with the red bra does look like she's forgotten her shirt. I'd almost want to go up and warn someone if I saw that. An odd trend IMO.

MumsOnCrack · 18/07/2017 21:15

It doesn't matter if we would want to or not. The whole point is that it's precisely nothing to do with you

What a bully...

Whodoesthis17 · 18/07/2017 21:22

Mumsoncrack, if I never mention it to the person who wears it, but think it how is that being a bully, shakes head,, at the thoughs police.

OP posts:
TestingTestingWonTooFree · 18/07/2017 21:31

The top coddiwomple linked to from new look (the hospital gown one) was surely designed to have no bra with it. I do think it's a shame when women choose tops and dresses with a complicated pretty back and then ruin the look by having visible bras, but that's their choice. As going bra less is definitely not an option for me I only choose tops that will conceal my bra.

kali110 · 18/07/2017 21:56

mean I am wrong,
Or maybe op, there are a few judgemental oldfashioned people like you in the world who seem to think that showing bras straps equal having no respect?

kali110 · 18/07/2017 21:57

If i had that bra in the pic yes i would!
I certainly wouldn't go braless, i imagine someone may start a thread saying how women today have no respect for themselves if i did..

Cailleach666 · 18/07/2017 22:09

OP many charity shops need volunteers, maybe you could give few hours a week.

MaisyPops · 18/07/2017 22:15

In an outfit like the red dress you've shared, I think showing the bra looks ridiculous. But then I don't get the trend for underwear as outerwear that's been a thing lately. It's underwear. Just I don't want to see your pants or a man's boxers, I don't want to see your bra. (Obviously, straps with a strap too is perfectly fine )

But, I have a total double standard because activewe and sports crop tops don't annoy me at all.

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

Whodoesthis17 · 18/07/2017 22:18

I pity you Caill if you think just becasue I have some self respect about how I dress that I am old fashioned.
I asked if people actuallly look in a mirror before they go out, seems most of you call me names for saying something you wouldn;t wear for a job interview or too a wedding or special event is ok for everyday out and about, So you do have certain standards, but feel when it's hot anything goes..
Since I never say anything I am not a bully,, but you might not think it but you are being judged on what you wear, it means you miss out on job offers and invites to places. sorry rant all you like but it's still true.

OP posts:
SomethingOnce · 18/07/2017 22:28

Most people dress fairly conservatively/appropriately for interviews, no? And you can't please all the panel members all the time.

Who wants to hang out with a person who gets so overinvested in other people undies anyway? So you can probably safely stick your invitation somewhere tidy.

'Fess up - you're a bloke, right, OP?

Cailleach666 · 18/07/2017 22:28

I can see how in the early days of potty training you kind of forget that everyone else is not immune to disgusting bodily functions.

I'm not suggesting that you are old fashioned.

I am suggesting that you are a pearl clutcher.

You think that you are part of the solution- when in fact you are part of the problem.
In an effort to " protect people from being judged" you are in fact doing just that- judging.

The world is full of nasty things happening every day to innocent people, and you think that being a hoikey pants will help.

Well it doesn't. We know nothing about the lives of strangers, we all many people are burdened in one way or another- we won't know anything of their lives.
We need a little humility- and respect for others- no matter how they dress.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.