Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

AIBU you look ok from the front BUT>>>

190 replies

Whodoesthis17 · 18/07/2017 17:59

So this is a big no no in my book.
You see this person looking lovely from the front, made up nice outfit, but they turn around and it's like they got dragged out of bed, the bra is on view,, all of it.
Now is this just me or do others of you think WTF.

OP posts:
Sciurus83 · 18/07/2017 19:25

Podge GrinGrinGrin

Best response! This thread is rather mean spirited

EllaNB · 18/07/2017 19:27

I'm almost 8 months pregnant with twins, unfortunately in this heat my maternity bra straps are always on show! Unfortunately strapless bras are not comfortable at the moment. Sorry if this upsets you.

shinyshiner · 18/07/2017 19:28

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Whodoesthis17 · 18/07/2017 19:28

I am asking as I want to understand why people think it is Ok to do this, as a DD myself I know the problems of boob size and it seems as standards drop so does the behavour of people, yes I know it's hot but it's not must me, I saw loads of people looking and laughing, and wondered if it;s just people don't give a hoot.

OP posts:
Whodoesthis17 · 18/07/2017 19:31

I am talking about the top being 3 inches lower than the bra at the back, not your straps showing, but the whole bra , so from the back it looks like they have no top on at all.
I show my bra straps as well sometimes, as the top straps are so tiny.

OP posts:
Dawnedlightly · 18/07/2017 19:32

I supposed we were always taught you have too look smart from the back as well as the front, it's like people just don't care anymore.

Thank you mum for bringing me up to wear clean clothes that are cimfortable. And well done me for not bringing my dds to be sneery and self conscious.
Do one OP. Take your insecurities elsewhere.

lmer · 18/07/2017 19:34

Stop the press you saw someone's bra!? How will you ever survive??

SunnyCoco · 18/07/2017 19:38

Yeh I do stuff like this and I don't care at all 😁
Really don't mind if you can see the back of my bra, the pattern of my knick knacks or my hairy armpits.
Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about, so be kind x

MumsOnCrack · 18/07/2017 19:46

Just make sure you don't visit a large town or city where people wear what they wan and no one mocks them or takes the piss out of them. Good lord - what would you make of Pride?

shinyshiner · 18/07/2017 19:50

shinyshiner · 18/07/2017 19:51

Whodoesthis17 · 18/07/2017 19:52

So you all think it's Ok to show the complete back of your bra, I suppose I will just still be old fashioned and realise it's Ok if people think it is Ok.

Maybe the people who design clothing should make them with more support, so we can all look good.

OP posts:
MumGoneCrazy · 18/07/2017 19:55

They haven't invented a low back bra that can hold my saggy E cup tits up unfortunately Blush

Sorry that you get offended by someone else's clothing choice that affects your life in no way what so ever Hmm

coddiwomple · 18/07/2017 19:55

I wouldn't wear that at work, or with a smart-ish or formal dress myself (I am not a teen for a start), but I couldn't care less if anyone did.

I think that smart dresses look better without bra showing (weddings, etc), but casual means casual. I have to say am less keen on seeing the front of the bras!

Whodoesthis17 · 18/07/2017 19:56

I never said anything or pointed, I asked as I just feel the drop in personal standards , yes as I see it, means people don't realise they get less respect becasue they seem to respect themselves less.

OP posts:
crazykitten20 · 18/07/2017 19:59

@Whodoesthis17

I think back in the day (I'm 55) it was frowned upon to see ones bra! I can remember never wearing a strappy top as a young woman cos I had biggish boobs and gas to wear a bra - and it would have shown.

Nowadays , thankfully, anything goes. Well it seems to! And I wear tops that show my bra a lot.

😊

Whodoesthis17 · 18/07/2017 20:00

coddiwomple the Black outfit works well, So no problems.

It's the red bra on show, why couldn't she get a grey one and make the outfit got from a 6 to 9 in style.

OP posts:
MumsOnCrack · 18/07/2017 20:00

"Less respected"? WTAF is wrong with you? Have you ever heard the phrase, "Don't judge a book by its cover?"

Some of the brightest, most talented, inspirational and even famous people wear whatever they like and still manage to succeed despite there being people like you in society.

MumsOnCrack · 18/07/2017 20:00

Maybe you should write a book so we all know when you'll laugh and point?

DoomGloomAndKaboom · 18/07/2017 20:02

Happily, my mind is uncluttered by this kind of dreadful stress. It has never occured to me to judge someone by the level of their top back compared to their bra. I had no idea people were so afflicted by this sort of thing.

Poor you, OP. It must be horrible for you. Maybe you could get therapy or just stay indoors and listen to the radio?

NoFuckingRoomOnMyBroom · 18/07/2017 20:03

Well if the back of the top was a few inches below the bra strap then I'd assume she knew & didn't give a flying fuck Hmm
As for people pointing & laughing, unfortunately we have to share the planet with twats such as this-shit really isn't it?

kali110 · 18/07/2017 20:03

Dropping of standards?Shock
How does showing the back of ones bra lower a persons standards?
Maybe they don't care if you can see their bra?
I have tops that are open at the back yet i wear (shock horror for you op!) bras with them!
I certainly have standards, i just don't care if someone can see my bra Confused
If it offends you you don't have too look...

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

MabelBee · 18/07/2017 20:04

I quite like this look if it's what I'm imagining. Feature bra, bit Boho festival chic? I live near Milton Keynes but am not from here, so that might be why I'm okay with it.

kali110 · 18/07/2017 20:04

Maybe they were laughing at the shock on op's face Grin

MamaHanji · 18/07/2017 20:09

I couldn't give an absolute flying fuck about my bra being on show. And DD is not a difficult bra size, try being a 36G but with a very short torso and a breastfeeding baby demanding near constant access.

You think people have less standards now? I think people are more bitchy now. It's not lower standards. It's you looking down on people...

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.