My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

AIBU to think DH may be having an affair??

586 replies

Autvet · 22/06/2017 19:46

Asking because I can't get my head round this.... please help!! DH works away a lot, nice hotels etc ... emptying his trousers for washing this evening ( yep I'm living the dream) & found his room paper key for yesterday's hotel stay - no of people on room is 2 confused.... he called me to say hi last night but from the hotel gardens as reception 'awful' in hotel room.... am I being suspicious or is it deserved?? Really want to call hotel as I've kept room key etc but how can I find out how many people stayed etc etc ?? Any ideas ?? sad

OP posts:
BrieAndChilli · 22/06/2017 19:59

And they always ask what email to send it to.

Maxandrubyrubyandmax · 22/06/2017 19:59

When I stay away with work I always put 2people in room otherwise I find you are given the pokiest room next to the lifts. Some networks are fine in some rooms some not. If you other reason for suspicion it's prob nothing! Next time try to call FaceTime

Autvet · 22/06/2017 19:59

Ok, I'll phone them tomorrow.... will it invoice no of people etc? Or will double room be standard for 2 people??

OP posts:
Autvet · 22/06/2017 19:59

Thank you for your help everyone x

OP posts:
Autvet · 22/06/2017 20:00

Good idea TipTop....

OP posts:
JFSB · 22/06/2017 20:00

Op, does his company do the bookings for him?
I'm a GM of a chain hotel and a lot of bookings for corporate booking come through the central reservations service as 2 people as standard so the guest isn't assigned a single rooom as some people can't sleep in single beds.
I wouldn't be able to tell you how many people were in the room either, we try to update on arrival that it's only 1 person but it's most likely the key card holder/envelope is pre-printed prior to arrival.

PurpleDaisies · 22/06/2017 20:00

There's no need to wait if you're going to call. Reception will be staffed 24 hours.

PenSylvester · 22/06/2017 20:00

Sorry OP, it does sound very suspicious. Especially his "cagey" reaction...

Autvet · 22/06/2017 20:00

I like that idea....

OP posts:
Autvet · 22/06/2017 20:01

No he books his own rooms..

OP posts:
JFSB · 22/06/2017 20:01

And it depends on the hotel if it's shows how many people on the invoice. Mine wouldn't and breakfast is included in the room rate so wouldn't show either.

Autvet · 22/06/2017 20:01

But if I'm calling from his'work' I can't call now or they won't believe that story?? Plus he's in the room next door....

OP posts:
carjacker1985 · 22/06/2017 20:01

It's a bit concerning that he said he had bad reception in his room before and you called the hotel to check on their reception? Have I understood that right?

Has he ever cheated before? It seems like you're quite quick to leap to a conclusion and see if his story checks out with hotels etc. It seems that you don't trust him- is there a reason why?

Autvet · 22/06/2017 20:02

Going to Google hotel and room rate

OP posts:
DearMrDilkington · 22/06/2017 20:02

I'd phone the hotel pretending to be the woman(if there is one), thank them for the lovely stay and ask to book another room under the same names.
Then get them to confirm the names back to you?

Anyone know if that would that work?

JFSB · 22/06/2017 20:03

If it's a branded hotel I may be able to help some more OP, I've worked for Premier Inn and IHG. Feel free to PM me the name.

DearMrDilkington · 22/06/2017 20:04

Scrap my idea, tiptoe has a better one!

MissBax · 22/06/2017 20:04

Oh dear OP, it doesn't sound great - not necessarily just about the room, but his reaction and the fact he's so protective with his phone!

Autvet · 22/06/2017 20:05

Room rate is more expensive for two adults.... just googled

OP posts:
dementedma · 22/06/2017 20:05

I sometimes stay in hotels for work and always get a double room which says 2 on the invoice, even though its just me. Phoning from outside means nothing. He could phone you from the room even if someone else was there, as long as they kept quiet.

Fitzsimmons · 22/06/2017 20:05

Ask to look at his phone. Tell him that the hotel card has upset you and you need reassurance. If he won't let you then you know he has something to hide.

ComputerUserNotTrained · 22/06/2017 20:06

I've never been given a paper key, but many times I've been handed multiple keycards as standard, even though it's just me.

I think it's just default. There aren't many single rooms in hotels, are there?

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

DearMrDilkington · 22/06/2017 20:06

Oh op.Flowers

Hortonlovesahoo · 22/06/2017 20:06

I could be your DH as my room is assigned for 2 and it's just me and the signal in my room is impossible. I can only get it if I stick my head out of the window :-/

Has he given you any reason to doubt him?

PeachPants · 22/06/2017 20:07

OP be prepared that they won't give you the invoice, having worked in hotels for years I know that if you book through a third party, i.e. hotels.com, you will be referred to them for an invoice, as the hotel will have charged hotels.com a lower rate plus commission, which totals the amount your DH will have paid. Hope that makes sense?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.