My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

TV presenter allegations

1000 replies

JeandeServiette · 08/07/2023 23:54

Could we PLEASE have a thread that stays up?

Meaning don't name anyone, or any programme or ask for initials or hint.

I just would like to discuss how this is likely to unfold.

OP posts:
Quiverer · 10/07/2023 07:58

Endlesssummerof76 · 10/07/2023 07:55

And how come the boy's mother didn't notice his income before now? Surely you'd be more likely to notice it when he's 17 than when he is 20.

It was reported that the person's mother stated they had confided in her previously about receiving money.

Did she say what if anything she did about it at that time?

VisionsOfSplendour · 10/07/2023 08:00

IClaudine · 10/07/2023 07:25

I have seen the photo, god help me. It is fake. It doesn't even match the description the mother gave- she said it was of the presenter in his underwear. The Twitter photo has the underwear around the ankles.

It's not meant to be the same photo, it's suggested that it's a photo of a person whose name has been linked with this

Quiverer · 10/07/2023 08:02

ThisWOMANWontWheesht · 10/07/2023 07:36

I saw the photo on twitter last night. It's surely fake due to the timing. Suddenly appearing a few hours after this person has been trending online as the subject of a scandal? Convenient. 🙄

Dear lord, I do hope he's guilty. The thought of what he must be going through now if an innocent man is hellish.

Of course, there's a scenario where he is totally and provably innocent but decides to let this run a short time on social media whilst totting up the millions he will make out of libel damages.

MeinKraft · 10/07/2023 08:02

'Ive said before on threads, or even this one cant remember, that money doesnt give someone an addiction, its likely she had the addiction.'

Yes, it's likely the addiction is how they got into selling pictures like that in the first place. And they'll still be addicted now, and they'll find another income stream which could be something worse and even more harmful.

ThreeRingCircus · 10/07/2023 08:02

I haven't seen the photo and don't wish to search for it but it must be fake, surely? I cannot believe he would be so stupid as to send an identifiable photo.

topnoddy · 10/07/2023 08:04

ThreeRingCircus · 10/07/2023 08:02

I haven't seen the photo and don't wish to search for it but it must be fake, surely? I cannot believe he would be so stupid as to send an identifiable photo.

I'd place a bet that no one on here has seen THE photo if it indeed actually exists .

Quiverer · 10/07/2023 08:04

marscepone · 10/07/2023 02:20

I hope this is the end of the licence fee. If you have very little ones, yes I can see why cbeebies is good value for money. But otherwise......

It has absolutely fuck all to do with the licence fee.

ThisWOMANWontWheesht · 10/07/2023 08:06

bellac11 · 10/07/2023 07:54

Ive said before on threads, or even this one cant remember, that money doesnt give someone an addiction, its likely she had the addiction.

In any case, what if someone enters the world of work at 17 and starts spending their income on drugs? Is it that different? Are you going to go to Sainsburys and say dont employ my son anymore because hes spending his income on weed?

Well of course you can spend any money on drugs. My point was that that was what the mother was, apparently, concerned about. There was no mention of being horrified by sex work as a PP claimed.

In any case, a crack cocaine habit does cost a lot of money; a lot more than a job at Sainsbury's can fund.

Curiouscarla · 10/07/2023 08:07

@MeinKraft so how does that account for the Oxbridge students selling pics because it's hard to work outside of the long terms.

That doesn't quite fit the Suns or Mumsnet middle class narrative does it? 🤔

Endlesssummerof76 · 10/07/2023 08:07

@Quiverer No - or at last that wasn't reported - which raises a lot more questions.

Calloffruity · 10/07/2023 08:08

I've seen the photo and I need brain bleach

MeinKraft · 10/07/2023 08:08

@topnoddy there is a photo, I saw it last night.

MeinKraft · 10/07/2023 08:09

Curiouscarla · 10/07/2023 08:07

@MeinKraft so how does that account for the Oxbridge students selling pics because it's hard to work outside of the long terms.

That doesn't quite fit the Suns or Mumsnet middle class narrative does it? 🤔

What have Oxbridge students got to do with it? I'm discussing one person's circumstances.

Igotjelly · 10/07/2023 08:09

I've seen the photo too, someone posted it on Tattle last night and then Twitter today. I'm fairly sure its fake.

ThisWOMANWontWheesht · 10/07/2023 08:10

I saw it too, but very much doubt its authenticity as I said above.
The timing is ridiculous apart from anything else.

tunbridgeoutrage · 10/07/2023 08:10

What if it isn’t the TV presenter at all? What if the mum has problems of her own?

Do you remember when Christine Hamilton and her husband were accused of being part of some sinister sex ring or something? Turned out to be complete fantasy. I don’t believe that the presenter would be that stupid as to trust a flakey 17 year old - unless they were really suffering with poor MH.

IClaudine · 10/07/2023 08:10

The more I think about this story the more holes therefore in it. Not least, how does the mother know that 35k was recieved? How long has the mother known what was going on? If she only very recently found out, well crack addicts are probably not the most reliable of narrators, are they?

The whole story might be rubbish for all we know.

IClaudine · 10/07/2023 08:13

Quiverer · 10/07/2023 08:02

Of course, there's a scenario where he is totally and provably innocent but decides to let this run a short time on social media whilst totting up the millions he will make out of libel damages.

Yes, I hope that is the case!

tunbridgeoutrage · 10/07/2023 08:13

@IClaudine we had the same thought at the same time! Perhaps others will now start to think rationally.

if it is made up I feel sorry for those who have been speculated about
snd accused on sm. And I hope the press will take a more responsible approach in the future.

ThisWOMANWontWheesht · 10/07/2023 08:14

The whole story might be rubbish for all we know.

Oh there's a high chance of that. The chances of a famous TV presenter sending identifiable pics of themself at their BBC work desk seems so unlikely.

bellac11 · 10/07/2023 08:18

ThisWOMANWontWheesht · 10/07/2023 08:06

Well of course you can spend any money on drugs. My point was that that was what the mother was, apparently, concerned about. There was no mention of being horrified by sex work as a PP claimed.

In any case, a crack cocaine habit does cost a lot of money; a lot more than a job at Sainsbury's can fund.

Yes and no

Someone might be persuaded to try some for 'free', just doing a bit of drop off and collection in return. Then they become hooked so can they just do a bit of running around for me, heres the taxi drivers name, they'll take you.

Then the addict might need to start doing crime/sex work and so on, and so on.

If it is video sex work, at least the young person is safe(ish)

Thats generally how it starts.

Curiouscarla · 10/07/2023 08:18

@MeinKraft was I'm trying to explain is that many people go into this work and start living the high life. They mix in rich circles that they could never have dreamt of before. In those circles they are introduced to party drugs and Then they may develop serious addictions. It's about the disposable income they now have.
It seems likely the Mum knew from the start and only had a problem when things got out of hand.

Ellmau · 10/07/2023 08:22

Not least, how does the mother know that 35k was recieved? 

She made her DC show her their bank statements?

marblemad · 10/07/2023 08:23

ArnoldBee · 09/07/2023 00:00

@JeandeServiette the coverage hasn't specified tv presenter to my knowledge. It's all in the wording and being taken off air does include radio.

A few have given strong hints and the french media apparently published the photo of the accused.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

This thread is not accepting new messages.