Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Are there any conspiracy theories you actually believe?

AnxiousAngelina · 07/12/2021 07:28

Inspired by another thread. Come on even if they're mad ones... fess up.

I cant remember the details but I remember doing a bit of online research years ago and thinking it's not 100% impossible that Tupac faked his death!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Longtalljosie · 08/12/2021 06:09

Jill Dando was killed by the Serb government in response to our previous bombing of a Serb TV station in which one of their presenters died. I’m sure of it. It makes more sense than that some random executed a rapid, accurate shooting and vanished

www.theguardian.com/media/2001/jun/15/broadcasting.jilldando

Please
or

Tdaadfb100 · 08/12/2021 06:13

[quote MissGiwi]**@questionablemouse* @jacaranda75* the moon landing is hilarious. NASA uses CGI images of the earth and are funded billions of dollars each year for doing just that - insanity. If you’re into the moon landing you really should research flat earth, its interesting because one aspect of it it goes into how the moon is a plasma reflection of earth, there’s multiple pictures people have taken of the moon that show the “craters” zoomed in are literally to the finest detail, the same shape as countries on a flat earth map. What’s interesting is that the countries we know of only takes up a bottom quarter of the moons “craters”, there’s way more land than we know about past the Antarctic ring. A few people wrote about what they saw through the ice wall before the Antarctic treaty banned tourism and airplanes - only for the rich under extremely strict conditions. Anyway I could go on forever, incredible how so many things are linked to the earth being flat but, Eric Dubay is worth checking out on YouTube![/quote]
I must say, the moon landing rocket thing does look like it’s made out of coat hangers and tin foil! 😳

Please
or

thesunwillout · 08/12/2021 06:14

Gah my post above about not being surprised to hear Kurt Cobain had finally succeeded was meant to quote @Georgy12

It just seemed inevitable and I thought so this time he's done it.

Sad tho

Please
or

Tdaadfb100 · 08/12/2021 06:15

[quote Longtalljosie]Jill Dando was killed by the Serb government in response to our previous bombing of a Serb TV station in which one of their presenters died. I’m sure of it. It makes more sense than that some random executed a rapid, accurate shooting and vanished

www.theguardian.com/media/2001/jun/15/broadcasting.jilldando[/quote]
I thought it was she knew too much about pedophiles in Government and the BBC… ? Or was it something to do with landmines? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Please
or

Longtalljosie · 08/12/2021 07:06

@Tdaadfb100 No that really was bollocks and was invented later

Please
or

LemonViolet · 08/12/2021 07:08

I totally accept the Fake Melania theories

Please
or

Whatwouldscullydo · 08/12/2021 07:13

I totally think covid was done on purpose.

We have had all sorts of diseases including small pox in a lab fir decades. Suddenly one of the more technology advanced countries has a mishap with this particular virus .... i should have bought a lottery ticket that week.

I also totally love the Dark Skies interpretation of the assignation of JFK . Completely believable imo

Please
or

custardbear · 08/12/2021 07:23

@MissGiwi

Flat earth! I thought it was nonsense until I did the research... it’s bonkers I ever thought I was living on a ball rotating 1,000 miles an hour before I really got into it. PS, don’t google it, the algorithm blocks the facts and gives you flat earth society rubbish - made to debunk the theory. Visit Eric Dubay’s channel on YouTube and find the 200 proofs video, google has blocked it from their search, he knows too much!

Oh dear I hope I don't live too close to the edge 🙃
Please
or

SouthernFashionista · 08/12/2021 07:30

Grim to see we have a Holocaust denier in our midst. Reported and I hope you are banned.

Please
or

PermanentTemporary · 08/12/2021 07:31

I will concede that though I don't think Covid was a lab escape, I would be less surprised by some evidence showing that was the case than by 'evidence' that is never going to happen about 9/11.

Please
or

meh12 · 08/12/2021 07:37

Anyway, it hasn't remained secret for long, and if there really had been some sort of organised removal of JFK, rather than loads of idiots with guns who fancied a pot shot at fame, one of which actually had a go, it wouldn't have stayed secret for long either. I don't know which JFK theories you're talking about but they mostly read like tall tales spun by someone who has managed to get a journalist to put the bar tab on expenses.

So no is your answer then, I'm not saying it was government that did it, but if you actually read up on it, and learn about the Warren commission you will see it's extremely unlikely only 3 shots were fired from the place they claimed to be fired from. A bit like the Jill Dando case there was a lot of pressure to get someone convicted and quickly, and in politically unstable 1960s America it fitted to be one "crackpot" man rather than a group of people. I just believe they concluded the case in a way that suited them rather than them being the perpetrators perse.

Please
or

gofg · 08/12/2021 07:43

Wow - who knew so many MNers were bonkers Shock

Please
or

niceupthedanceagain · 08/12/2021 07:49

I remember a conspiracy fan friend of mine telling me about 'paedophile island' at least ten years ago (Epstein) but there was a lot of other stuff about celebrities sacrificing humans to secure their fame and money so I dismissed it.

Please
or

Negligee · 08/12/2021 07:56

Can I say, as I say to incoming first year undergraduates every year, that ‘doing your research’ and ‘random Googling’ are not synonyms?

Please
or

Letsallscreamatthesistene · 08/12/2021 07:56

@niceupthedanceagain

I remember a conspiracy fan friend of mine telling me about 'paedophile island' at least ten years ago (Epstein) but there was a lot of other stuff about celebrities sacrificing humans to secure their fame and money so I dismissed it.

This is exactly what I mean. Theres truth in there, but its mixed with lunacy so it gets dismissed.
Please
or

Worldgonecrazy · 08/12/2021 08:06

A bit like the obviously fake leaked alien autopsies. One deftly placed news item and suddenly all those who believed something suspicious was going on on Area 51 (whether aliens or advanced research) was a crack pot.

Please
or

twinklystar23 · 08/12/2021 08:06

Conspiracy by those in power to discredit those of the public as "conspiracy theorists" whilst some claims may be pure conjecture its gaslighting in the extreme to label those that are challenging the mainstream narrative by attempting to smear them all with the same brush. Such attempts to close down dissent or debate may well be regarded that those in power have a lot to hide, and are potentially guilty of the alleged conspiracy.

Please
or

maa32 · 08/12/2021 08:08

9/11

I think Jon benet Ramsey was killed by her brother and covered up by her parents, tho that's more of an unsolved mystery than conspiracy isn't it.

Please
or

Imhereforthecake · 08/12/2021 08:09

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Please
or

LookslovelyinSpringtime · 08/12/2021 08:18

@BurnedToast

I'm not having my booster vaccine. Always been compliant with vaccines and definitely not one for conspiracy. But j cannot get me head round having 3 vaccines in 9 months . That is by definition not a vaccine. It's at best a short term prophalactic.

This.
Please
or

lollipoprainbow · 08/12/2021 08:18

@Tdaadfb100 I can't find that Joan rivers clip anywhere! It was on the other thread but got deleted before I watched it.

Please
or

notimagain · 08/12/2021 08:18

I must say, the moon landing rocket thing does look like it’s made out of coat hangers and tin foil! 😳

If by the moon landing rocket you mean the LM the FWIW operating in 1/6 g and somewhere where there is no atmosphere allows you to truly go for function over form…and there was a bit more to the underlying structure than coat hangers…

BTW I’m still struggling with this plasma moon, craters looking like reflections of the Earth theory…in my younger days, before the world wide wait was invented, when I had time for hobbies I spent quite a bit of time peering with my own eyes at the Moon through a fairly high powered telescope and never noticed the phenomenon. Obviously I was not doing the right sort of research…..now that the internet has come along I must go and re-educate myself and re-align my thinking Grin

Please
or

Specsandflowers · 08/12/2021 08:19

There are two parts to "conspiracy theory".

The conspiracy part means that one or more people are working together , ideally in secret, to make something new happen, for instance killing Cesar and take power or a boardroom takeover to oust the current CEO.

This happens all of the time, many people are in some sort of bid to change the status quo.

The theory part is outside that circle of people. It's whether outsiders believe that there is a bid to change things.

Many conspiracy theories are likely true because it's likely that there are in my companies, political parties, clubs, some people who want to change things.

We only see the ones that succeed, most conspirators fail.

Please
or

Jacaranda75 · 08/12/2021 08:19

@Imhereforthecake That is an AWFUL thing to say. I have reported you.

Please
or

LemonViolet · 08/12/2021 08:28

Tell you what, listening to the news today, I definitely believe the conspiracy theory that the government are (attempting!) covering up illegal Christmas parties. Have you seen the video of JRM joking about how this party isn’t going to be investigated and 2 inch social distancing?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.