Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Are there any conspiracy theories you actually believe?

AnxiousAngelina · 07/12/2021 07:28

Inspired by another thread. Come on even if they're mad ones... fess up.

I cant remember the details but I remember doing a bit of online research years ago and thinking it's not 100% impossible that Tupac faked his death!

OP's posts:
Please
or

ChannelLightVessel · 10/12/2021 17:53

Another good book is ‘Unnatural Causes’ by Richard Shepherd, the memoir of a forensic pathologist. He was involved in a review of evidence in the death of Princess Diana. Apparently, she seemed relatively OK at first, but had torn a vein in her lung, something hard to diagnose and even harder to treat.

Please
or

Lozzie86 · 10/12/2021 18:28

Moon landing, I'm sceptical because with all the tech we have now why isn't it continuing to happen?

Please
or

notimagain · 10/12/2021 18:57

@Lozzie86

Moon landing, I'm sceptical because with all the tech we have now why isn't it continuing to happen?

(Apologies for those that have heard this before).

Since the late sixties we have continuously had the required “tech” in various forms..but ”we” didn’t continue to go for two reasons, Politics and Money.

..and for more detail you end up with a history lesson:

During the Cold War the States wanted to be seen as leader of the world, yet in 57 the Soviets beat them into space with Sputnik 1, in April 61 the Soviets got a man in space first (Gagarin) all highly embarrassing to a youngish President Kennedy.

In the wake of Gagarin’s flight Kennedy got his key scientific advisors together and asked, in effect, “when can we beat the Soviets in being first at something in space?”.

The advisors hummed and hawed and came to the conclusion that by spending a shedload of money, by putting large chunks of American industry and academia on almost a war footing, and by being prepared to take some fairly colossal risks the US could beat the Soviets to the Moon.

And so the decision was made to go to the Moon by the end of the decade, and it was so…problem was once the Americans did beat the Russians to the Moon everybody mostly said ..”OK, job done, now let’s do something else”

The politicians decided money needed to go elsewhere and the funding for the Moon landings started to dry up. Then Apollo 13 happened and the prospect of casualties on future missions scared the pants off Nixon and the brakes really went on, funds for going to the Moon stopped with Apollo 17 in 72.

In conclusion there’s been no reason technically why man or woman couldn’t have gone back to the Moon since 72…..there simply hasn’t been a political will to find the money required for any such effort.

Hope that helps.
Please
or

Bouledeneige · 10/12/2021 18:57

Moon missions are astonishingly expensive and there's not much more to learn by visiting it.

Please
or

notimagain · 10/12/2021 19:16

@Bouledeneige

Moon missions are astonishingly expensive and there's not much more to learn by visiting it.

First part of that response is certainly true…OTOH I’m not sure many scientists would agree that after 6 “hit and run” missions there is not much left to learn.
Please
or

Backstreetsbackalrightdadada · 10/12/2021 19:54

Moon - didn’t they put a small mirror on the moon, and if you shine a lazer up it’ll hit it? Saw in on Big Bang Theory so must be true! (Also know too many poor scientists from uni who say the moon landing was real but what isn’t is safety - America and russia spent the least they could doing it)

Please
or

Sn0tnose · 10/12/2021 20:55

I don’t believe Epstein committed suicide. Or David Kelly.

Also, I don’t believe that Bin Laden was killed. He would have known loads of stuff, so why would they shoot him before interrogating him? I expect he’s dead now, but I think he was probably whisked away to an underground bunker somewhere first.

Please
or

BobbieT1999 · 10/12/2021 21:05

@Bouledeneige

I read this as "moons are astonishingly expensive" and that leads to a conspiracy theory I'm here for!!
Please
or

GreyPurbeckMarble · 10/12/2021 21:10

@User13490358923

People are being told crypto is a scam and terrible for the environment because it's actually the biggest creator of generational wealth since the industrial revolution. Those who know and have the means to immerse themselves in the market want to reap the benefits themselves with minimal competition. Mainstream media is also part of the conspiracy because they know by reporting every tiny bitcoin drop (aka price correction) with scary headlines, it creates uncertainty and suspicion in those unfamiliar with it.

Women in particular are most disadvantaged by the shift towards defi and web 3.0. They are typically late adopters and generally have less interest and time to learn the technical side of crypto. The market is dominated by men, many of whom were typically on the fringes of mainstream society (geeks, techs, so-called incels etc). Keeping women out makes perfect sense since defi is creating a new heirarchy of wealth that is almost exclusively in the hands of men. Women are already disadvantaged in traditional finance due to childcare, career breaks, SAHM, marriage or not etc. Fewer women own property outright or have the same financial power as their husbands.

Once defi becomes mainstream in 5-10 years, the millionaires and billionaires have already been established. Those are the same people busy squirrelling away wealth this very moment. (Digital wealth = crypto coins, tokens, nfts, metaverse property etc.) The vast majority of people reading this thread may not have even heard of those terms nor be in any position to invest themselves. With the chaos of covid, why would anyone spend their extra money towards virtual assets that could crash to zero?

This is exactly the conspiracy happening now. While the majority of the world is distracted and beaten down by covid, there's a tiny faction orchestrating one of the greatest wealth transfers to happen in generations. Someone compared it to buying land in Manhattan in the 1900s. The amazing thing about crypto is that's technically open to anyone but still nobody chooses to go in there.

Whilst I agree with a lot of what you have said, I disagree which women being at a disadvantage. Having been in the market for many years now this hasn’t remotely been the case. Another point, bitcoin is not a crypto currency, it’s an asset.
Please
or

notimagain · 10/12/2021 21:16

@Backstreetsbackalrightdadada

Moon - didn’t they put a small mirror on the moon, and if you shine a lazer up it’ll hit it? Saw in on Big Bang Theory so must be true! (Also know too many poor scientists from uni who say the moon landing was real but what isn’t is safety - America and russia spent the least they could doing it)

You are thinking of the Laser Ranging Retroreflector.

www.space.com/apollo-retroreflector-experiment-still-going-50-years-later.html

adsabs.harvard.edu/pdf/1970GeCAS...1.1947A

www.lpi.usra.edu/lunar/missions/apollo/apollo_11/experiments/lrr/
Please
or

godmum56 · 10/12/2021 21:30

@gofg

Wow - who knew so many MNers were bonkers Shock

oo oo I know the answer to this one.....Its me! what do I win?
Please
or

AdoptedBumpkin · 10/12/2021 23:27

@Swirlywoo

Not sure if it's classed as a conspiracy theory, but I do believe some/most of the rumours about Cliff Richard are true. (I don't just mean being gay)

On what basis? Not all allegations are true, and the whole thing was shambolically handled by the Police, and BBC. CR has always been the target of rumours because he chose to stay single, and apparently someone had told him allegations would be made unless he paid up.

I'm not particularly referring to the Sheffield case, but rather lots of stories I've read/heard which make me think there is no smoke without fire.

He became very friendly with Jill Dando in the last couple of years of her life, which is interesting as it is rumoured she was looking into the BBC paedophile ring.
Please
or

Backstreetsbackalrightdadada · 11/12/2021 00:16

Was Mountbatten not killed for similar reasons? (Not terrorism but revenge)

Please
or

alistairric2 · 11/12/2021 05:39

I think this thread is part of a conspiracy to identify those of us who know the truth! We should be watching carefully now for men in black cars following us.

Please
or

BlitheringBlathers · 11/12/2021 08:09

@alistairric2

I think this thread is part of a conspiracy to identify those of us who know the truth! We should be watching carefully now for men in black cars following us.

Yes and anyone who's googled any of these theory's for further reading is now on 'the list' Shock

Grin
Please
or

AdoptedBumpkin · 11/12/2021 22:53

@Backstreetsbackalrightdadada

Was Mountbatten not killed for similar reasons? (Not terrorism but revenge)

Can you expand? I've never heard this before.
Please
or

WrongWayApricot · 11/12/2021 22:55

@AdoptedBumpkin are you trying to say CR could be a nonce AND the murderer of Jill Dando?

Please
or

AdoptedBumpkin · 11/12/2021 22:59

[quote WrongWayApricot]@AdoptedBumpkin are you trying to say CR could be a nonce AND the murderer of Jill Dando?[/quote]
Not the actual killer, but I genuinely believe there is a chance he was involved somewhere. He is/was linked to Savile and the Krays.

Please
or

1dayatatime · 11/12/2021 23:43

That Peter Daszak was up to his neck in gain of function research at the Wuhan which is why he was so early on in dismissing the lab leak theory followed up by the WHO first investigation in which he was heavily involved.

science.thewire.in/the-sciences/academics-claim-peter-daszak-misled-the-public-amid-covid-origins-probe/

Please
or

deste · 11/12/2021 23:52

My sister thinks the government want everyone to get the vaccines and booster because they are trying to kill us all off. People are not dying of Covid ( which to her is just a cold), they are dying of the vaccine.

Please
or

LovelyIssues · 12/12/2021 21:19

9/11 an inside job
Diana death an inside job
Covid 19 planned

Please
or

PermanentTemporary · 12/12/2021 23:08

Confused of course Diana's death was an inside job if you mean the driver inside the car was drunk and the seat belt inside the car wasn't used.

Please
or

WinnieTheW0rm · 12/12/2021 23:38

@PermanentTemporary

Confused of course Diana's death was an inside job if you mean the driver inside the car was drunk and the seat belt inside the car wasn't used.

And of course don't forget the role of the cars chasing them. The press don't seem to focus much on that bit of the inquest findings. Wonder why?

Might it be the same reason that there is neverbany reporting of the spontaneous applause when Earl Spencer said she was 'hunted' and obliquely criticised the media during the eulogy ?
Please
or

GETTINGLIKEMYMOTHER · 13/12/2021 01:58

[quote GreenLunchBox]@SpookyScarySkeletons I can't think of any because mine are Diana and Wuhan 😂
But I don't think Wuhan is a conspiracy theory because surely that's just common sense. I don't think it was released intentionally but what are the chances that a devastating virus came from a tiny town that just happened to have a virology institute? 🤔The conspiracy is that we're stupid enough to think it didn't come from there! Who are they kidding?Confused[/quote]
A tiny town??
Wuhan is a city of over eleven million people!

Please
or

BasiliskStare · 13/12/2021 03:15

@LookslovelyinSpringtime - I think you may be on to something there Flowers Grin

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.