Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Are there any conspiracy theories you actually believe?

AnxiousAngelina · 07/12/2021 07:28

Inspired by another thread. Come on even if they're mad ones... fess up.

I cant remember the details but I remember doing a bit of online research years ago and thinking it's not 100% impossible that Tupac faked his death!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Letsallscreamatthesistene · 08/12/2021 02:52

@RobertSmithsLipstick

About 2 months before I had even heard about covid, I clicked on a random youtube video, and it was filmed in wuhan (i presume) and showed people on trolleys in corridors, struggling to breathe, all leaning against the walls.
It was covert (or seemed to be) and the person making it was warning of a super virus, a pandemic, that was being kept under wraps.
I just thought it was a load of rubbish, but now..... hmmm
Wish I had paid it more attention.

This isnt a conspiracy theory. There was a Dr in China who 1st recognised symptoms of a new disease months before it became a pandemic, and told the Chinese authorities only to be ignored. This was on BBC news so its not a secret.
Please
or

Letsallscreamatthesistene · 08/12/2021 02:59

@SSOYS

Not sure whether this is a conspiracy theory but someone said it was one to me it was recently, when to me it’s just something obviously true. The Nightingale hospitals were never all-singing all-dancing hospitals and were not intended to be. They were overflow space in case we ended up in a situation like Italy or India with people dying in the street outside hospital, which we could easily have done. Plan was that they would receive minimal treatment in a Nightingale instead, and that most would still die but away from photographers.

Hi. I was in the Army at the time and staffed a nightingale hospital. It was very much real, with real capacity. They were just never used.
Please
or

Letsallscreamatthesistene · 08/12/2021 03:20

I think the whole narrative surrounding conspiracy theories is a shame and theres numerous problems with them which make people automatically not want to beliebe them. The main issue is conspiracy theorists and the way the theories are communicated - it just irriatates the shit out of those that are more inclined to believe the mainstream because nobody likes to be called stupid and proved wrong. I really wish hardcore conspiracy theorists would communicate a bit more effectively, because some theories are likely to be true.

Another issue is that some are utterly bonkers (the Royal family being lizards) and they discredit the ones that are likely or have proved to be true (giving syohilis to black americans, COVID virus origins).

FWIW I dont call myself a conspiracy theorist. I just dont believe everything the media tells me.

Please
or

Letsallscreamatthesistene · 08/12/2021 03:21

@Malibuismysecrethome

SSOYS that would make sense re the Nightingale hospitals. I always wondered where all the equipment went after.

To hospitals
Please
or

Bigballer · 08/12/2021 04:22

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Please
or

MissGiwi · 08/12/2021 04:28

Flat earth! I thought it was nonsense until I did the research... it’s bonkers I ever thought I was living on a ball rotating 1,000 miles an hour before I really got into it. PS, don’t google it, the algorithm blocks the facts and gives you flat earth society rubbish - made to debunk the theory. Visit Eric Dubay’s channel on YouTube and find the 200 proofs video, google has blocked it from their search, he knows too much!

Please
or

MissGiwi · 08/12/2021 04:31

I won’t even get into my opinion on the vaccine. All I can say is, just don’t do it for your own healths sake.

Please
or

Unmerited · 08/12/2021 04:37

@MissGiwi

Flat earth! I thought it was nonsense until I did the research... it’s bonkers I ever thought I was living on a ball rotating 1,000 miles an hour before I really got into it. PS, don’t google it, the algorithm blocks the facts and gives you flat earth society rubbish - made to debunk the theory. Visit Eric Dubay’s channel on YouTube and find the 200 proofs video, google has blocked it from their search, he knows too much!

It’s amazing how many people who do their own research come up with things they thought were nonsense.
Please
or

Dita73 · 08/12/2021 04:41

Of course Diana was bumped off. If she wasn’t it was the most convenient car crash of all time. She was playing with fire. Mohammed al Fayed had pissed off the royals years before Dodi got with Diana when he said that the reason he couldn’t get a British passport was because Prince Philip was blocking it. Diana then hooks up with his son?! If she had gone on to marry him and have children with him the royals would then have connections to Fayed and there’s no way they could let that happen. Why was it that all cctv cameras in Paris that night had stopped working? Why did the ambulance not go to the nearest hospital? Why was she illegally embalmed? There’s so much about it that doesn’t make any sense. Keith Allen made a documentary about it called Unlawful Killing. Of course it’s never been on tv here but you can sometimes find it on YouTube but then it’s quickly removed. If you can find it it’s definitely worth watching

Please
or

A580Hojas · 08/12/2021 04:46

How do the flat earthers explain away the photos of earth we have from satellites and space? Do they think the moon is also flat? How do they explain the daily changing shape of the moon?

Please
or

MissGiwi · 08/12/2021 04:48

@questionablemouse @jacaranda75 the moon landing is hilarious. NASA uses CGI images of the earth and are funded billions of dollars each year for doing just that - insanity. If you’re into the moon landing you really should research flat earth, its interesting because one aspect of it it goes into how the moon is a plasma reflection of earth, there’s multiple pictures people have taken of the moon that show the “craters” zoomed in are literally to the finest detail, the same shape as countries on a flat earth map. What’s interesting is that the countries we know of only takes up a bottom quarter of the moons “craters”, there’s way more land than we know about past the Antarctic ring. A few people wrote about what they saw through the ice wall before the Antarctic treaty banned tourism and airplanes - only for the rich under extremely strict conditions. Anyway I could go on forever, incredible how so many things are linked to the earth being flat but, Eric Dubay is worth checking out on YouTube!

Please
or

Unmerited · 08/12/2021 05:03

[quote MissGiwi]**@questionablemouse* @jacaranda75* the moon landing is hilarious. NASA uses CGI images of the earth and are funded billions of dollars each year for doing just that - insanity. If you’re into the moon landing you really should research flat earth, its interesting because one aspect of it it goes into how the moon is a plasma reflection of earth, there’s multiple pictures people have taken of the moon that show the “craters” zoomed in are literally to the finest detail, the same shape as countries on a flat earth map. What’s interesting is that the countries we know of only takes up a bottom quarter of the moons “craters”, there’s way more land than we know about past the Antarctic ring. A few people wrote about what they saw through the ice wall before the Antarctic treaty banned tourism and airplanes - only for the rich under extremely strict conditions. Anyway I could go on forever, incredible how so many things are linked to the earth being flat but, Eric Dubay is worth checking out on YouTube![/quote]
I honestly don’t know where to start.

Please
or

Unmerited · 08/12/2021 05:09

A question - the people so keen on telling other people to ‘wake up’ and ‘do their own research’ etc. Why are you happier believing the people feeding you crazy stories like made up viruses and new world order and flat earth than the other people telling what you think are crazier stories, a virus, a vaccine, planets and gravity. I mean, what do you get from it, is it comforting or exciting or what? How do you think the crazy conspiracies are kept over 100 years. I mean, have you seen our politicians recently? Or is it ‘shadowy figures’ a la Scooby Doo?

Please
or

BurnedToast · 08/12/2021 05:10

I'm not having my booster vaccine. Always been compliant with vaccines and definitely not one for conspiracy. But j cannot get me head round having 3 vaccines in 9 months . That is by definition not a vaccine. It's at best a short term prophalactic.

Please
or

Zoflorabore · 08/12/2021 05:19

My late Dgm always used to say that Diana was killed by MFI Grin she clearly meant MI5 and my dad would always respond by saying “why? Did a wardrobe fall on her?”
Dgm never understood the joke and it was said lightheartedly as we were all gutted that she died.

My ones are-
9/11 for sure ( especially The Pentagon )
Covid being some sort of population control
Most of the Kennedy family deaths

I’m a bit gullible though so tend to believe things!

Please
or

MakeMineAdoubleChocolate · 08/12/2021 05:22

9_11 was an inside job.

10000000000 %

I also think its possible Tupac could be alive somewhere.

Covid19 was planned by China.

Please
or

Matildatoldsuchdreadfullies · 08/12/2021 05:34

When a thread contains Holocaust denial (I’m not quoting the post, because that kind of rubbish shouldn’t be repeated - ever), it rather proves how dangerous conspiracy theories are.

Please
or

Jacaranda75 · 08/12/2021 05:40

@MissGiwi Woah! Just because I am not 100% convinced on the moon landings, doesn't mean I believe the earth is flat. I know the earth is round. I flew over the top of it last week!

Please
or

Tdaadfb100 · 08/12/2021 05:48

The Malaysia flight MH17 shot down had a lot of Microbiologist on the way to a conference (in fact, lots of suspicious deaths of ‘alternative’ doctors and researchers over the years)
And Brandy Vaughan, vax whistleblower, died ‘of natural causes’ in Dec 2020.
Hmmmm …

Please
or

ohfook · 08/12/2021 05:48

@makingmiracles

There’s the one about wayfair, people said that they were listing furniture for ridicules prices eg £13k for a wardrobe and it was a smokescreen for child trafficking, examples had furniture pieces names different names on the website eg Stella chest of drawers, ruby cabinet etc

I think this one was money laundering.
Please
or

thesunwillout · 08/12/2021 05:58

Same here, I remember thinking so he's finally done it, when I heard it on the radio.

It was just sad but seemed inevitable.

It's only since access to internet and the theories after that made me think hmm.

Please
or

zen1 · 08/12/2021 06:04

I don’t believe David Kelly, Gareth Williams or Epstein killed themselves and am dubious about Marilyn Monroe.
There were a spate of suicides / accidental deaths of people with supposed links to the IRA reported towards the end of Thatcher’s term in office which always made me suspicious.

Please
or

Tdaadfb100 · 08/12/2021 06:05

@NomDePrune

Documentary on c4 right now about Q-anon. Apparently Michelle Obama is a man Hmm

Once you see, you can’t ‘unsee’. 😂
Also, look at what Joan Rivers said (might still be on YT) - she does during a routine op not long after …
Please
or

CatsBooksAndCoffee · 08/12/2021 06:05

@User13490358923

People are being told crypto is a scam and terrible for the environment because it's actually the biggest creator of generational wealth since the industrial revolution. Those who know and have the means to immerse themselves in the market want to reap the benefits themselves with minimal competition. Mainstream media is also part of the conspiracy because they know by reporting every tiny bitcoin drop (aka price correction) with scary headlines, it creates uncertainty and suspicion in those unfamiliar with it.

Women in particular are most disadvantaged by the shift towards defi and web 3.0. They are typically late adopters and generally have less interest and time to learn the technical side of crypto. The market is dominated by men, many of whom were typically on the fringes of mainstream society (geeks, techs, so-called incels etc). Keeping women out makes perfect sense since defi is creating a new heirarchy of wealth that is almost exclusively in the hands of men. Women are already disadvantaged in traditional finance due to childcare, career breaks, SAHM, marriage or not etc. Fewer women own property outright or have the same financial power as their husbands.

Once defi becomes mainstream in 5-10 years, the millionaires and billionaires have already been established. Those are the same people busy squirrelling away wealth this very moment. (Digital wealth = crypto coins, tokens, nfts, metaverse property etc.) The vast majority of people reading this thread may not have even heard of those terms nor be in any position to invest themselves. With the chaos of covid, why would anyone spend their extra money towards virtual assets that could crash to zero?

This is exactly the conspiracy happening now. While the majority of the world is distracted and beaten down by covid, there's a tiny faction orchestrating one of the greatest wealth transfers to happen in generations. Someone compared it to buying land in Manhattan in the 1900s. The amazing thing about crypto is that's technically open to anyone but still nobody chooses to go in there.

This. Great post
Please
or

Tdaadfb100 · 08/12/2021 06:09

@wanttomarryamillionaire

I don't for one second believe the Diana one! To much left to chance for it to be a hit, you can't guarantee a car accident will kill someone! I do believe 9/11 conspiracy theories and i also don't believe that covid wasn't deliberate.

But wasn’t she alive when the found her. It was reported on the news. Then she died/ was murdered (?😉) on the was to hospital in the ambulance.
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.