Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

What name did your DH come up with for your babies that you hated?

FortunesFave · 26/11/2021 05:22

DH wanted to call our first DD Charlie.

Fucking Charlie!

SO many lovely girls' names and he comes up with that.

Sorry if your is called that...it's nice enough I suppose but it's just not something I'd choose for a girl.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Notbluepeter · 26/11/2021 09:08

McEwan as a middle name (no family reference). All I could think was export.

Please
or

jendifer · 26/11/2021 09:09

Ellie.
I’ve worked in schools and taught 100s of Ellie so it comes with those memories for me. He refused to consider Eleanor/elena/Eloise or any other longer version. He also wanted to pronounce it Elle.

Please
or

Enko · 26/11/2021 09:11

Lars Johannes Bjorn (I am Scandinavian)
He also seriously wanted to use our surname and slightly change our surname so think
Smith Smithy
Ds is Conrad

On girls we were a lot more compatible but I love Alannah and wanted it bad and it was met with a blanket " no" from dh and he refused to discuss it further with others when we had a no there was genuinely a reason why (I don't like the sound - reminds me of x) but w this one nothing I was puzzled. Mentioned it to the wife of his friend who in hushed tone explained Alannah was the name of the girl he dated before I had met him who had run off w someone else..
I didn't suggest it again (sadly as I do love the name Alannah)

Please
or

evilharpy · 26/11/2021 09:13

Artemesia for a girl - nope.

Please
or

MakeMineAdoubleChocolate · 26/11/2021 09:14

My dh chose/came up with the names for all our 5 kids. I suggest a few and he is like, yeah nice names but I want something else. And then one day he will suggest a name and I am like wow that's a really beautiful name. And then we go for that one. It's happened every time lol.

Please
or

GertrudePerkinsPaperyThing · 26/11/2021 09:14

Molly

Just feels like setting a girl up for a life of being sweet and pleasing others, being weak and accommodating

Please
or

TheChip · 26/11/2021 09:18

Phoenix. Phoenix! I told him to pick again and he said something just as stupid.
I told him he is no longer allowed to be part of the first name and could only pick a middle name. DS has hated his middle name since he was a toddler. He would actually cry and say no no no if you said it 😂 its a fairly common name, too.

Please
or

CoffeeAndDryShampoo · 26/11/2021 09:19

Koscielny, as in the former Arsenal player.

Please
or

RainingYetAgain · 26/11/2021 09:20

After I suggested Cameron, DH announced that he did not want a Scottish sounding first name as we have a Scots surname.
So he suggested Andrew, and couldn't work out why I laughed for 5 minutes.Confused

Please
or

Tiredout123 · 26/11/2021 09:22

Dh suggested Marsha. I burst out laughing BlushGrin

Please
or

hennybeans · 26/11/2021 09:26

My stepdad wanted to call my brother Butch back in the 80s. Luckily my mum said no.

My dad choose my name and named me after his bank manager! Luckily it's a nice name, not very common though.

DH wanted to name ds after him, a traditional, popular in the 70s name. I said no.

Please
or

Bobsyer · 26/11/2021 09:28

I wanted Thomas for DS3, which I think is probably one of the least offensive or out there names. DH vetoed. I can only think he’d known someone he didn’t like with that name?

We both flirted with the idea of Asher but in the end decided it was a bit too out there for us Grin

@LuluBlakey1 I don’t understand - are you questioning what people used to tease @ConcernedAuntie with?!

Please
or

wheresmyshoe · 26/11/2021 09:29

Thirza, Demelza, Bathsheba and Hepzibah. I still have no idea where these came from.

My mother wanted to call me Rita.

Please
or

Peridot1 · 26/11/2021 09:30

DH suggested Beverley for a girl. Thankfully we had a boy.

Please
or

1967buglet · 26/11/2021 09:33

Ida Clare (my grandfather suggested calling me this, and my dad said my daughter is not going to have a joke for a name...thank you Dad).

Please
or

romdowa · 26/11/2021 09:34

Not my dp as he never made outlandish suggestions but my father. He wanted to call my brother Charlton after Jack Charlton 🤣🤣🤣 that was quickly shut down by my mother

Please
or

PrancerandDancer · 26/11/2021 09:34

Azure.... After a computer software.

Wolfgang for a boy. Yes he was serious!

Please
or

Justheretoaskaquestion91 · 26/11/2021 09:35

Ingrid…

Please
or

PosyBoo · 26/11/2021 09:37

Paris for a girl and Boris for a boy!! I’m amazed we’re still married to be honest!!

Please
or

TheOriginalEmu · 26/11/2021 09:40

Starr. With two Rs obviously.

😒

Please
or

TheOriginalEmu · 26/11/2021 09:41

@PosyBoo

Paris for a girl and Boris for a boy!! I’m amazed we’re still married to be honest!!

I’m imagining you giving birth to twins who look like Paris Hilton and Boris Johnson. It’s not a great image.
Please
or

TheOriginalEmu · 26/11/2021 09:42

@Bobsyer

I wanted Thomas for DS3, which I think is probably one of the least offensive or out there names. DH vetoed. I can only think he’d known someone he didn’t like with that name?

We both flirted with the idea of Asher but in the end decided it was a bit too out there for us Grin

*@LuluBlakey1 I don’t understand - are you questioning what people used to tease @ConcernedAuntie* with?!

I dislike Thomas purely for the association with a Thomas I went to school with. I think that’s often the case when people dislike what is a really standard ordinary name.
Please
or

LemonElephant · 26/11/2021 09:43

We have 2 boys and 3 girls, each boy pregnancy he had his heart set on either Sheldon or Maldwynn!! It started as a joke but deep down he really wanted them. Safe to say my boys are NOT called either Sheldon or Maldwynn!

Please
or

TheOriginalEmu · 26/11/2021 09:44

@SequinnedShawl

Ramona. Ross. Craven. Jeffrey. Kevin.

I said no.

CRAVEN??
Is a he a big fan of 90s newsround?
Please
or

TheOriginalEmu · 26/11/2021 09:44

@LemonElephant

We have 2 boys and 3 girls, each boy pregnancy he had his heart set on either Sheldon or Maldwynn!! It started as a joke but deep down he really wanted them. Safe to say my boys are NOT called either Sheldon or Maldwynn!

Grin this has made my day.
Maldwynn is too far even for my Welsh name living self 😂
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.