Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

What name did your DH come up with for your babies that you hated?

FortunesFave · 26/11/2021 05:22

DH wanted to call our first DD Charlie.

Fucking Charlie!

SO many lovely girls' names and he comes up with that.

Sorry if your is called that...it's nice enough I suppose but it's just not something I'd choose for a girl.

OP's posts:
Please
or

miltonj · 26/11/2021 08:36

Greghilda for a girl and lidwidg for a boy....

Please
or

CatonMat · 26/11/2021 08:37

Shock
Please
or

StCharlotte · 26/11/2021 08:38

@NotSorry

For our 3rd - David - nothing wrong with David I hear you cry…

He wanted his middle name to be Beckham Hmm

For our 4th - Norman Confused

I know a lad (late teens early 20s?) Called Oliver. Middle name Gunnar...
Please
or

SnoopyLights · 26/11/2021 08:44

We were in agreement over first names, but DH wanted to either use his own first name as a middle name, or his Dad's first name as a middle name.

DH's name wouldn't have been too bad, except that with the first name we had chosen and our surname the initials would have spelled a word and I wasn't prepared to have my child called it, which he would have been at school.

Even before I met DH I have never liked his father's name, which is Thomas (sorry to those who do like it). And as well as been his father's first name, it's DH's middle name, his brother's middle name, his nephew's middle name, his cousins first name, and various other people through the family are all called it and it's a really popular name where we live (as is Charlie).

So DH threw in Guido as a middle name choice and I had to say no to that as well, and in the end we agreed on Robert.

I do like Angus and Magnus from this thread though.

Please
or

Hallowbat · 26/11/2021 08:47

Rachel & Aiden

Please
or

Alarae · 26/11/2021 08:47

Funnily enough the name DH always loved was Caitlin but his sister nabbed it for her daughter (we were not even in the realm of TTC, so no issue).

Considering I never liked it I am quite glad...

Please
or

Jackthementalkitten · 26/11/2021 08:47

Aqua- topaz Stephy. Yes he was been deadly serious!!

Please
or

MotherofTerriers · 26/11/2021 08:48

My Ex suggested his ex wife's name for our DD
I was less keen

Please
or

Ragwort · 26/11/2021 08:48

We are so boring we both totally agreed on names with hardly any discussion ...

Please
or

RavenclawsRoar · 26/11/2021 08:50

Prometheus. Not sure if he was joking (I laughed). Then Tyrion like in Game of Thrones. I changed the subject.

Please
or

PineappleWilson · 26/11/2021 08:50

Svetlana. We have a bog standard mid-length very English sounding surname (think Fletcher etc.). The words "hell" and "no" may have been used in close proximity. And the child was a boy which helped. The name wasn't suggested again when DD arrived.

Please
or

ConcernedAuntie · 26/11/2021 08:52

We seem to have a lot of friends with new grandaughters called Florence. It makes me cringe. One of my middle names is Florence and once other kids at school found out I was Florrie for the rest of my time there. Absolutely hated it. This was in the 60s.

Please
or

mnahmnah · 26/11/2021 08:56

Indiana. For boy or girl. Luckily our surname is not Jones. Funnily enough I quite like it now, years later. Think we’ll have to name cat Indiana instead.

Please
or

PlanktonsComputerWife · 26/11/2021 08:56

I didn't hate any of my babies.

Please
or

Practicebeingpatient · 26/11/2021 08:56

@Kuachui

friends dh wanted ruddie and pilley for a girl. 🙄 sounds like he was naming a horse not a child

I know quite a few 'Pili's. It's very popular in Spain and because the Pilis I know are nice I like it as a name.
Please
or

LuluBlakey1 · 26/11/2021 09:01

He wanted to call DS1 Reggie - just that. We had a horrible, grumpy neighbour called Reg when I was growing up and it's a shouty old man's name.

Please
or

Bellie710 · 26/11/2021 09:01

My BIL wanted to call his son Norman or Reginald! This was last year not in the 50's!

Please
or

Harlequin1088 · 26/11/2021 09:02

Currently pregnant with my first. It's a boy and my lovely other half wanted to call the poor sod Loki ffs. Had to put my foot down about that one.

Literally everyone who has a mildly mischievous puppy nowadays calls the bugger Loki and thinks they're being really clever. Over my dead body am I naming a child that 😂

Sadly, I can't find a single name that I like for a boy so it's something that's becoming a massive worry at the minute 😬

Please
or

LuluBlakey1 · 26/11/2021 09:02

@ConcernedAuntie

We seem to have a lot of friends with new grandaughters called Florence. It makes me cringe. One of my middle names is Florence and once other kids at school found out I was Florrie for the rest of my time there. Absolutely hated it. This was in the 60s.

Flossie?
Please
or

toconclude · 26/11/2021 09:03

@PearlAsylum

Edmund.

Classic name, yes, but I could only think of Blackadder and the horrible Narnia one.

St Edmund, King and Martyr. That's who No.2 son is named for.
Please
or

CherryRedDMs · 26/11/2021 09:04

Ian or Denise.
In the last five years.
No family connection, just liked the sound.

Please
or

Jackthementalkitten · 26/11/2021 09:04

My ex’s son’s are - Dade Blake Severn, James Tiberius. I’m named after the women my dad had an affair with. Great names in the mental kitten family Blush

Please
or

SlipperTripper · 26/11/2021 09:05

His boys name list was spectacular - Red, River or Phillip anyone?

We're having a girl.

Please
or

Doubledoorsontogarden · 26/11/2021 09:07

My DH came up with our DD’s name. We love it. However a boy had to be named after him apparently.TF we had a girl…

Please
or

SequinnedShawl · 26/11/2021 09:07

Ramona. Ross. Craven. Jeffrey. Kevin.

I said no.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.